User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ISTP Motto

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'm using this definition: "Quick to detect or respond to slight changes, signals, or influences: "spiders are sensitive to vibrations on their web"."
    That's sensing not emotional, what does that definition have to do with your argument? Someone who is not keen with disagreements is emotionally sensitive.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    That's sensing not emotional, what does that definition have to do with your argument? Someone who is not keen with disagreements is emotionally sensitive.
    That's the definition of "sensitve" I am using. So when I said "sensitive", that's what I meant.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I....It seems that more simple things bother STP's moreso than other types, like disagreements. I think that's my point about ego issues.... STP's seem to get into "scuffles" easily, more like a pissing match. Or they want to "one-up" each other. What do you think?

I got more into enneagrams early, and barely have any background in mbti, so.....
    Here you are clearly describing STPs as emotionally sensitive not "sensing" sensitive. How is that what you meant?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Here you are clearly describing STPs as emotionally sensitive not "sensing" sensitive. How is that what you meant?
    Yea, that too...... disagreements do seem to bother some STP's. I think that may be tied to the "territorial" issues, though..... sometimes. I'm not really sure, yet. Pretty much just exploring it...... But the ego thing is still something for me to think about. The pissing matches and scuffles..... which I have been involved in too. I think it all may be more territorial issues. Any thoughts on the scuffles or pissing matches? I think the "sensitive" would still mean "quick to respond", and yes, sometimes in an emotional way. I know my dad was quick to respond, territorial, and emotional at times over it. I have been as well, and I've seen other STP's here do the same thing. (Some of them, to me! lol).
    Mentioning maturity levels was a good point, but since it seems that some STP's never grow up, it seems to be a part of them.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

I've gotten in plenty of pissing matches. I admit it. Not necessarily obnoxious or rowdy, but things have/can/do bother me. Even younger, I'd end up in fights a lot. I try to be cool, but if I have something to say, I say it. I think people who act too calm about everything are usually careless. Or trying to be buddha or something.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've gotten in plenty of pissing matches. I admit it. Not necessarily obnoxious or rowdy, but things have/can/do bother me. Even younger, I'd end up in fights a lot. I try to be cool, but if I have something to say, I say it. I think people who act too calm about everything are usually careless. Or trying to be buddha or something.
    Me too, in the past. I've started to calm down as I get older, but, I still have my moments.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Whether a situation is reacted to with anger or sadness it is still an emotional reaction. Yet showing anger is not viewed as "being emotional". I consider it the same thing. When we are expressing anger or sadness we are therefore sensitive to whatever triggered our responses. So we all are sensitive in different areas. We are all callous in others.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    • What is always comes before whats defined
    • I am who I am
    • To live in the moment means to not remember what you did earlier today and not have a clue what your gonna do tomorrow

Everyone has a little ISTP in them, but when someone says you are super ISTP it means you must have found the box you fit in...but to be ISTP means you really dont care...stay out of my box...only non-istps allowed...I dont believe in group mentality...I believe in my mentality...as screwed up as it is...love it or leave it.

And to be honest I wont be back to read comments, I just felt like posting this in a relevant location.
    Do it Yourself.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Whether a situation is reacted to with anger or sadness it is still an emotional reaction. Yet showing anger is not viewed as "being emotional". I consider it the same thing. When we are expressing anger or sadness we are therefore sensitive to whatever triggered our responses. So we all are sensitive in different areas. We are all callous in others.
    You don't react to everything you sense you're just aware of it. Sometimes you can react if you choose to, your awareness of your surroundings might cause you to react to things more than others.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You don't react to everything you sense you're just aware of it. Sometimes you can react if you choose to, your awareness of your surroundings might cause you to react to things more than others.
    One thing is that it's almost impossible for me to tell the difference between someone who doesn't react emotionally and someone who feels apathetic.