User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTP Motto

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Maybe it's how some istp's see each other.
    Type has nothing to do with somebody acting disrespectful.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Type has nothing to do with somebody acting disrespectful.
    Well, that's true, but I think we might have different ideas of what "disrespectful" means, and sometimes people can't come together because of these things? It just seems that it happens more often for me with stp's than normal.... don't really know what this means, but I have my theories.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

Well, that's true, but I think we might have different ideas of what "disrespectful" means, and sometimes people can't come together because of these things? It just seems that it happens more often for me with stp's than normal.... don't really know what this means, but I have my theories.
    Anybody can act disrespectful towards another person It has nothing to do with type. People may have different morals but that's more about the individual than the persons MBTI. Most civilized people can catch on when somebody has crossed the line and has said/done something out of context.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Anybody can act disrespectful towards another person It has nothing to do with type. People may have different morals but that's more about the individual than the persons MBTI. Most civilized people can catch on when somebody has crossed the line and has said/done something out of context.
    Yes, I pretty much agree with you, to a certain degree. I just think the "disrespectful" part is different for everyone. Everyone has a different threshold, and different ideas on what is "disrespectful". I think some stp's can be uber-sensitive and a bit egotistical (including me sometimes).
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

Yes, I pretty much agree with you, to a certain degree. I just think the "disrespectful" part is different for everyone. Everyone has a different threshold, and different ideas on what is "disrespectful". I think some stp's can be uber-sensitive and a bit egotistical (including me sometimes).
    I don't think ISTPs are very "sensitive" people, I think they are sensitive when somebody crosses the line they are more in tune with their environment so they might notice it more than other people. For the most part ISTPs are known to be quite emotionally stable and aloof. In terms of acting disrespectful as long as you understand the other persons boundaries and the other person understands your boundaries then that is all that matters which is not dependent on type.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think ISTPs are very "sensitive" people, I think they are sensitive when somebody crosses the line they are more in tune with their environment so they might notice it more than other people. For the most part ISTPs are known to be quite emotionally stable and aloof. In terms of acting disrespectful as long as you understand the other persons boundaries, and the other person understands your boundaries then that is all that matters which is not dependent on type.
    Imo, STP's are sensitive, moreso than normal. At least the ones I have come in contact with, have been. I can't speak for all of them. I'm sure the fact that I am STP myself, changes the dynamics and offers a different perspective. I think some people probably think this about me too. Yes, I agree that if two people understand one another's boundaries, all is well. Unfortunately, I can't know everyone's boundaries, so sometimes, accidents happen. I've just found accidents to happen more often for me with other STP's.....It seems that more simple things bother STP's moreso than other types, like disagreements. I think that's my point about ego issues.... STP's seem to get into "scuffles" easily, more like a pissing match. Or they want to "one-up" each other. What do you think?

I got more into enneagrams early, and barely have any background in mbti, so.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Imo, STP's are sensitive, moreso than normal. At least the ones I have come in contact with, have been. I can't speak for all of them. I'm sure the fact that I am STP myself, changes the dynamics and offers a different perspective. I think some people probably think this about me too. Yes, I agree that if two people understand one another's boundaries, all is well. Unfortunately, I can't know everyone's boundaries, so sometimes, accidents happen. I've just found accidents to happen more often for me with other STP's.....It seems that more simple things bother STP's moreso than other types, like disagreements. I think that's my point about ego issues.... STP's seem to get into "scuffles" easily, more like a pissing match. Or they want to "one-up" each other. What do you think?

I got more into enneagrams early, and barely have any background in mbti, so.....

I do not know ISTPs to be sensitive at all....
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I do not know ISTPs to be sensitive at all....
    Yea? You haven't spent the night in my house with me and my STP dad (when that used to happen).....
    After thinking about it, I've come up with this:

I don't think STP's like it when other STP's or anyone else "invades their territory". Sometimes, their territory can be an area where it doesn't seem like they would mind others being, so it seems they are sensitive when they get all uptight and meltdown from it. Plus, they want to one-up each other and have pissing contests. I consider all of this to be "sensitive". STP's also like to "spread out" but they don't like other STP's or anyone else to "spread out" onto them. All of this leads one to sometimes believe they are egotistical or selfish. I think some also don't like to be disagreed with.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

Istps aren't sensitive they are quite the opposite they hate dealing with feelings their own or other peoples are you sure you are typing others properly? In terms of disagreements that doesn't have much to do with type either and more with someone maturity level. If someone is mature they would disagree and be fine with it or they would dispute it and create a constructive argument without attacking the arguer personally. Civilized people know how to argue in an objective fashion.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Istps aren't sensitive they are quite the opposite they hate dealing with feelings their own or other peoples are you sure you are typing others properly? In terms of disagreements that doesn't have much to do with type either and more with someone maturity level. If someone is mature they would disagree and be fine with it or they would dispute it and create a constructive argument without attacking the arguer personally. Civilized people know how to argue in an objective fashion.
    I'm using this definition: "Quick to detect or respond to slight changes, signals, or influences: "spiders are sensitive to vibrations on their web"."
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype