User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Default ISTPs growing up

I am now 28 years old and I feel unrecognisable as the out of control 18 year old I was ten years ago. I am so much more mature, I have developed a capacity to feel and have emotions (rarely but sometimes) I think about the consequences of my actions and I consider other people. I guess it is normal for any type to become more mature as they age, although its only really over the last year i have noticed it.

I guess it is making me a more rounded individual and in general a better person.

Anyone else want to expand on how they have changed as they have got older? I guess this will be similar for all SPs.

Permabanned

Yeah I'm able to carry out smooth conversations now than I did 10 years ago as a teenager, i'm not so socially awkward as I used to be. I found my Se really started to really develop in my 20's and Iam able to take more risks. I'm also able to express my opinions and feelings alot better without feeling to hurt or annoyed.

I'm probably ISXP. I guess I would say it took a few crisis situations for me to change. I was out of control too. I didn't come about changes over time though. It was more like "Enough of this shit!"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm not ISTP, but I can relate to your experience. When I was a young girl, I kept to myself, was quiet and moody, studious and at the same time out doing a bunch of things at once. But it was always to accomplish something. Now I can relax and enjoy the moment a bit more. I enjoy other people's company and working with them. If you saw me at 18, you never would have thought I would turn out the way I have.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

I think we should keep them small so that they can fix machines from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I think we should keep them small so that they can fix machines from within.
    ISTPs are not Victorian chimney sweeps.

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    ISTPs are not Victorian chimney sweeps.
    Not yet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The major difference between my teens and early twenties is that now I have a soul.

I'm only half kidding.

I was incredibly selfish and dismissive of anything I didn't consider important (other people's feelings/reactions) when I was younger. Probably because I didn't care about my own.

I'm 32 now. I've experienced enough ups and downs to be able to "put myself in their shoes". I can empathize with others. That's only due to first hand experiences and having put myself outside my comfort zone a time or two. I'm just a kinder person.

It's all relative. Emotionally speaking - a kinder, gentler ISTP still looks like this, let's say, to an ENFP: :marionette:

~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    It's all relative. Emotionally speaking - a kinder, gentler ISTP still looks like this, let's say, to an ENFP: :marionette:

For real.

I don't know why I even consider myself F sometimes. Maybe internally it seems that way sometimes, but habits/actions say something else. I've snapped out of the worst of it, for sure, but I can never seem to get to the point others do. Even if I do something more "selfless", I might let it be known how much it sucks.

I don't know if people are full of shit, but the level of niceties they suggest or live by still come hard to me. Sometimes I think it's them who needs to grow up. lol

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    For real.

I don't know why I even consider myself F sometimes. Maybe internally it seems that way sometimes, but habits/actions say something else. I've snapped out of the worst of it, for sure, but I can never seem to get to the point others do. Even if I do something more "selfless", I might let it be known how much it sucks.

I don't know if people are full of shit, but the level of niceties they suggest or live by still come hard to me. Sometimes I think it's them who needs to grow up. lol
    I think cognitive functions are the best way to figure out type, so If you look into Fi and Ti try to think about which one best suits your "essence".