User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm... Topic seems almost a "no-brainer" which is intended to be a "pun" making light of the following information.

Part of human development is the evolution between the Limbic "primative" brain; and "Pre-Frontal Cortex".

The Limbic region places no moral value or judgements; it only understands whether something's pleasurable or needed. So for example; ever try to get a three year old to share their toys?

Brain development continues through the mid-twenties; with most wrapping up around 27. By that time, people are generally at a whole different space. Often those who may have struggled with higher education during their late teens/early twenties. Can surprise themselves by successfully resuming such pursuits at a later stage in life.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    hmm... Topic seems almost a "no-brainer" which is intended to be a "pun" making light of the following information.

Part of human development is the evolution between the Limbic "primative" brain; and "Pre-Frontal Cortex".

The Limbic region places no moral value or judgements; it only understands whether something's pleasurable or needed. So for example; ever try to get a three year old to share their toys?

Brain development continues through the mid-twenties; with most wrapping up around 27. By that time, people are generally at a whole different space. Often those who may have struggled with higher education during their late teens/early twenties. Can surprise themselves by successfully resuming such pursuits at a later stage in life.
    I fucking hate school, and I love learning more than anything but I hate school with a passion.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I fucking hate school, and I love learning more than anything but I hate school with a passion.
    oh jixtah' tell'z us how u really feel! :horor:

Know what you're saying. Seems I'm always teaching myself new things; or exploring topics of interest. Relentlessly.

I have 12 university level courses I was credited for through purely self-study.

hmm...I wonder if well, ISTP's aren't just the "masters" at teaching themselves new things? hmmm

MBTI
    XXFP

I come here occasionally to read some of my old posts, just to get some insights. Hell, posts from 8 months ago seem like they were written by a totally different person.

People develop, that's for sure.

Specific changes I've observed include:
    - better insight into my ability to make intuitive judgments - when to trust - and when not to trust, my instinct. this is partially just from going through repeated trials, obviously, but with significant improvements in terms of understanding what is possible for people in general. I have better focus on critical details.
    - better goal setting and goal fulfilling behavior (with much room for improvement)
    - changed views/aspirations/acceptance/non-acceptance of behavior in self/others
    - considerable improvement with social negotiations, playing politics, working with a group and understanding group dynamics.
    - improved capacity to observe environments.

similar people are likely to try to fix similar deficiencies over time, but none of this is really that specific.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

A wise man once asked: Exactly, at which growth stage is a Rose not perfect?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, to be honest, I'm still in my teens. So my insight might be light.
    I do know though, that when I was a kid 2-9 I used to be very curious as to how things were put together, I went to the TV with a knife and tried to open it up too check how it looked like on the inside.
    As I got older, I kept looking at broken objects (mainly techno logic objects) and tried to put them together so that they'd work.
    Obviously, all sort of different results came out.

Now that I'm older I'm not as curious about it, as I've figured most things out, (I don't know what any of the things in a computer are called though, clever, right?)

I also notice that when I was at age 0-8 I was much more outgoing and active, I was always playing with boys and cars, and getting bruised and upbeat.
    Now that I'm older I've gotten a bit lazy "I don't see the purpose in doing that or this" etc. which sort of bothers me, it's probably just the irregularity in hormones though and I'm trying to lift my spirits up so that I won't end up like a slob.

And there's a lot more that has changed during my teenage years, like when I was 14 etc I didn't really know how to communicate at all, now I do know how to, but I don't normally see a reason to do so unless someone seems fairly interesting.

MBTI
    INTP

I feel like my maturity level has increased, but damn... I'm still fucking retarded in some ways.

Do people (normal people) really call others just to check up and say hi? Nobody does that with me, but someone suggested it because I'm "really bad about staying in touch."

MBTI
    INFP

Hi, first time poster here:

So for the female ISTPs, around the 25yo age, what finally made you want to settle down in a committed relationship? (I've read the comments about waiting til 40!)

Did it matter if you had the "perfect" guy in front of you, yet you still wanted to explore your freedom and date around because you were still youngish? So nothing could change your mind at that time period, even if it meant putting that guy up for loss?

Is actually experiencing things (for better or worse), the ONLY way you are willing to live and break out of your shell?

Obviously I have my own situation I am trying to get insight on, I may start a new thread on it soon, don't want to derail.

[blah, I ended up making it here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...55&pagenumber= ]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I feel like my maturity level has increased, but damn... I'm still fucking retarded in some ways.

Do people (normal people) really call others just to check up and say hi? Nobody does that with me, but someone suggested it because I'm "really bad about staying in touch."

People like to know that you are thinking about them...that you care about them...that you haven't forgotten about them or abandoned them. If you do care (and determining if you really care is the hard part) think about the various ways you can show someone this. If you are doing none of these then they may request for you to stay in touch with them by way of giving them some sort of attention, any sort of attention. The attention that takes the least amount of effort is just to say "hi, how are you doing?"

I do agree, however, that the effort should be mutual though.