User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Ask an ESTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Since ESTPs are such badasses, why can they end up putting up with bossy kill-joys who rule their lives? Shouldn't they be "laying the smack"?
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

On a general, personal level? I don't put up with them. Zero tolerance. I tell them to fuck off.

At work? I bite my tongue, deal with it, and plot against them in secret. ;P
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    On a general, personal level? I don't put up with them. Zero tolerance. I tell them to fuck off.

At work? I bite my tongue, deal with it, and plot against them in secret. ;P
    I know an ESTP who dates an ISTJ E6 who just bosses him around. He just seems to...put up with it.

I would've expected him to start throwing chairs at her before going to play a game of basketball where he scores just after the buzzer before jumping on a motorcycle and driving through some conveniently-arranged cardboard boxes.

I don't get it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I know an ESTP who dates an ISTJ E6 who just bosses him around. He just seems to...put up with it.

I would've expected him to start throwing chairs at her before going to play a game of basketball where he scores just after the buzzer before jumping on a motorcycle and driving through some conveniently-arranged cardboard boxes.

I don't get it!
    Huh...I can't speak for him as to why he's doing it, but with ESTP/IxxJ relationships, I've noticed a trend of more going on than meets the public eye. Those types of relationships have strong undercurrents, I think. Maybe you should try just coming out and asking him? There may be a very good reason be tolerates and forgives the bossiness. Or maybe he feels a bit defeated and just lets it happen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Huh...I can't speak for him as to why he's doing it, but with ESTP/IxxJ relationships, I've noticed a trend of more going on than meets the public eye. Those types of relationships have strong undercurrents, I think. Maybe you should try just coming out and asking him? There may be a very good reason be tolerates and forgives the bossiness. Or maybe he feels a bit defeated and just lets it happen.
    I have a sneaking suspicion it is because he feels he needs to prove himself in some way. He's aware he needs direction (job, etc.) and this girl provides the necessary framework by essentially telling him what to do. I think he puts up with the bossiness/whining as the downside, while the "structure" is the upside.

I was never sure of that, though. It just didn't seem very ESTP to me. Maybe I underestimated the ESTP's capacity to bit his tongue. I haven't been around that many, so I am no expert.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have a sneaking suspicion it is because he feels he needs to prove himself in some way. He's aware he needs direction (job, etc.) and this girl provides the necessary framework by essentially telling him what to do. I think he puts up with the bossiness/whining as the downside, while the "structure" is the upside.

I was never sure of that, though. It just didn't seem very ESTP to me. Maybe I underestimated the ESTP's capacity to bit his tongue. I haven't been around that many, so I am no expert.
    Absolutely fucking everyone seems to underestimate our ability to bite our tongues. Honestly, we are perfectly capable of behaving when it is necessary. Remember that whole reputation for manipulation we have? Yeah, do you think we got that by stomping around like Godzilla whenever something happens we don't like?

We're even capable of altruism and doing something for someone we love that we absolutely hate, but it makes them happy and them being happy makes us happy. We may be very interested in serving our own interests but we are rabidly loyal and can be very accommodating and bendy when it comes to the people we love.

Being an ESTP does not make you a caricature.

MBTI
    fool

I don't get it!
    I also know an ESTP who has a close/best INFJ friend, who is naturally very bossy to him. He lets her boss him around and his take on it was that "She just does it in such an adorable way." She's very caringly bossy and I think that's why he puts up with it. I mean no one could boss him around without his consent, so it's not really being bossed around as such.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

None of the estp's I know have any interest in furthering their educations, or intellectual pursuits. They also hate working, and hate their work environments. Why is this?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

ESTPs, are any of you artists?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    None of the estp's I know have any interest in furthering their educations, or intellectual pursuits.
    How odd.
    I'm finishing my Master's Degree now.
    I completed my Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification six years ago, and remain current as I meet or exceed my continuing education credits each three-year cycle.

Maybe you're hanging out with unmotivated slobs, and birds of a feather flock together?

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    They also hate working, and hate their work environments. Why is this?
    We love working, we just hate putting up with simpleton, petty, juvenile office bullshit.
    We are happiest when we see the FRUITS of OUR LABOR close to the time we expended energy to sow their seeds.

Hate their environment? ESTPs? Must be a mistype.
    We loooooove our environments.
    We are at home any place on Earth.
    New town, new terrain, new people = A whole new adventure to lead, love and live.

Do we hate toxic environments?
    Yes.
    What do we do when we realize we are in a toxic environment?
    We summon up a new opportunity, close down shop, and move on to greener pastures.
    If we need to (or want to) we kick ass and take names.
    But, we save that for when its really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    ESTPs, are any of you artists?
    Yes. I paint, compose music, cook like a mad man, invent useful things, and am a fanatic about decadent landscaping.
    Are you an artist too?

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro