• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Ask an ESTP

R

Riva

Seeing as you really like to win. How's it feel when you lose?

Make personal attacks and say whatever comes to your mouth. And when it is obvious that the victim is hurt, press on. ESTP Trademark.

It's not very often that I lose. :shrug: But when I lose, I take it in stride because I know I gave it my all (and probably cheated my ass off, not gonna lie) and someone else was obviously better than me. I then assess what they did that I didn't and try to incorporate it for next time. Honestly, why get all worked up over losing when you can see it as a learning experience?

Nah, that's not ESTP at all. You forgot to mention making personal attacks and lying.

Why get so worked up? No idea, have to ask yourself. You should come back again with a honest answer. It's as if you are questioning a part of yourself (ESTP self) that you dislike and you want to shed. Thereby asking a question pointed at self.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seeing as you really like to win. How's it feel when you lose?

My best friend is ESTP. A loss will definitely knock the wind out of him temporarily. He is never angry when he loses to a great competitor. He has good sportsmanship but if he is angry, it is an anger directed at himself for not performing to his own standards. His anger is visible to others when this happens.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, that's not ESTP at all. You forgot to mention making personal attacks and lying.

Why get so worked up? No idea, have to ask yourself. You should come back again with a honest answer. It's as if you are questioning a part of yourself (ESTP self) that you dislike and you want to shed. Thereby asking a question pointed at self.
Well, there's always the possibility that I know myself better than a bitter ENTP and fuck you.

There, did that make you feel better? You feel like I'm a real ESTP now that I took off my Big Girl Panties and acted like a reactionary child? Please.

I'm not responsible for the actions of the immature or negatively influenced ESTPs of the world. Some are dicks, I know, but that's not a type thing, that's a Some People Are Dicks thing.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Define losing? When I lose a video game I take it pretty well, its not the end of the world. But video games have never been my strong point. I can only kick my husbands ass at Tekken, and he takes losing a whole lot harder than I do (INTJ).

But lets say in a social situation or something else where I have tried everything in my power to make it go perfect, and it completely blows up in my face... I would not take it very well. For one this rarely happens and two because I DID EVERYTHING HUMANELY POSSIBLE TO GET THIS OUTCOME! Why is it not going my way?! I do not like being angry or sad. So I try to deal with it and get over it ASAP. But I find myself irritated fairly often.... this is probably because I am 8w7.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Define losing? When I lose a video game I take it pretty well, its not the end of the world. But video games have never been my strong point. I can only kick my husbands ass at Tekken, and he takes losing a whole lot harder than I do (INTJ).

But lets say in a social situation or something else where I have tried everything in my power to make it go perfect, and it completely blows up in my face... I would not take it very well. For one this rarely happens and two because I DID EVERYTHING HUMANELY POSSIBLE TO GET THIS OUTCOME! Why is it not going my way?! I do not like being angry or sad. So I try to deal with it and get over it ASAP. But I find myself irritated fairly often.... this is probably because I am 8w7.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, there's always the possibility that I know myself better than a bitter ENTP and fuck you.

There, did that make you feel better? You feel like I'm a real ESTP now that I took off my Big Girl Panties and acted like a reactionary child? Please.

I'm not responsible for the actions of the immature or negatively influenced ESTPs of the world. Some are dicks, I know, but that's not a type thing, that's a Some People Are Dicks thing.

Yes, I know it's true that there are dicks of every type, but let's face it.... There are more dicks of some types than there are other types. I would think there are more istp dicks than there are isfj dicks, for instance. ESTP is renowned for providing dicks to the world lol......

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I know it's true that there are dicks of every type, but let's face it.... There are more dicks of some types than there are other types. I would think there are more istp dicks than there are isfj dicks, for instance. ESTP is renowned for providing dicks to the world lol......

There's a lot of dicks in this quote.

Just saying :ninja:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 of them, to be exact ha. :smile:

.....I really, really want to say something witty and funny to this, but I'm coming up with nothing. Blah.

Anywho, 'NOTHER QUESTION FER YOU ESTP TYPES:

If my ESTP roommate has had a really bad day at work, what can I do to make her feel better and at ease when she gets home? Right now I'm preparing the TV so that Weeds is already queued up on Netflix with a sacrificial bowl of ice cream on the table in front of her and me cowering behind the couch.

Thoughts?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
.....I really, really want to say something witty and funny to this, but I'm coming up with nothing. Blah.

Just say the first thing that pops into your head, like I do.
Silly is fun! :smile:
It doesn't have to be funny, just silly..... :happy2:

R

Riva

Se get aggressive regarding boundaries. When one feels threatened Se reacts more than any other function. Therefore ESPs being Se doms are naturally inclined to react more than other types when they feel they have been invaded or defeated. ESFPs are quite harmonies. So the type of behaviour/reaction I mentioned earlier is not always evident in them.

Your reaction to my post is in a way proof to what I said earlier. So well done.

:laugh:

Though this is obviously a joke, this too is in a way a good answer. Maybe it was not a joke? hmmm...

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait a minute. Did Riva just call me a Feeler?

Ahaaha...aahahha*snort*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Though this is obviously a joke, this too is in a way a good answer. Maybe it was not a joke? hmmm...

At the time I was writing it, it just seemed true. I think it is.
At the end of the day, there is no pretending that there aren't alot more dick estp's than there are dicks of other types. Alot of estp's will try to tell you it's just a "dick" thing, not a type thing..... At some point, facing it is the reasonable thing to do. Acceptance is necessary. Can't stay buried and pretend you are someone you are not, forever. That is, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: typed this on phone, will edit dumb typos from tiny keyboard later. :)

Okay okay, now that that is done with , let me essplain somethin' to you [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION].

Yes, ESTPs are aggressive. But they're not all fucking morons. They're not all going to offer a hostike response to every little goddamn thing they don't like. If an ESTP did that, she wouldn't get anywhere in the world. She wouldn't be able to hold down a job, she'd have no networking connections because she'd piss off all the people in her life, and she'd live a shitty life of struggle and being perpetualky unhappy.

Sure, some ESTPs are like that. The fucking stupid ones.

A smart ESTP sees the world for what it is: a game. You play the game, you get what you want. You know the right people, you be a charming bastard, you take the world by the balls and make it your bitch. YOU CAN'T DO THIS IF YOU'RE A SHITHEAD TO EVERYONE.

Anger gets replaced by ambition because a smart ESTP learns how to man the hell up and get over the petty little spats of anger we get because the risk of being a dick is too great when you've goy so much on the line.

So, if the ESTP wants to be a reactionary slave to her impulses, that's fine by me. I'll be over here acting like a responsible adult and channeling my stubbornness is a positive way while they flail and drown like a fucking loser.

Also, Riva, you really need to keep in mind that the way a person uses their functions is not universal. Two people of a type may be incredibly similar, but they are still two different people.

And one more thing. If you've ever found a harmonious ESFP who's actually and genuinely an ESFP, I will eat my fucking hat.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At the time I was writing it, it just seemed true. I think it is.
At the end of the day, there is no pretending that there aren't alot more dick estp's than there are dicks of other types. Alot of estp's will try to tell you it's just a "dick" thing, not a type thing..... At some point, facing it is the reasonable thing to do. Acceptance is necessary. Can't stay buried and pretend you are someone you are not, forever. That is, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Hey, I'll admit it. A lot of ESTPs are dicks. But so are a lot of ESTJs. And ESFJs. And INTJs. And ENFPs, and ESFPs, and ISTPs, and ENTJs and ENTPs and everyone else on the fucking planet.

Every type has the potential to be a total dick. They just manifest in different ways and some types are more blatant with their dickitude than other types. The way an ISFJ is a dick is not the same way an ENTP is a dick.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, I'll admit it. A lot of ESTPs are dicks. But so are a lot of ESTJs. And ESFJs. And INTJs. And ENFPs, and ESFPs, and ISTPs, and ENTJs and ENTPs and everyone else on the fucking planet.

Every type has the potential to be a total dick. They just manifest in different ways and some types are more blatant with their dickitude than other types. The way an ISFJ is a dick is not the same way an ENTP is a dick.

Yes, I know... I mentioned this earlier.
I just don't like the way alot of estp's try to tell people it's not a type thing. It really is, in their case. I know that some estp's are not dicks, but like I said, the type is renowned for producing dicks. That's life.
I'm not placing this on you of course, because I don't know you. But I've seen other estp's use this same reasoning many times in order to try to convince people it's not about estp, and therefore, them.
I personally think estp is one of the more difficult types to manage successfully, especially 7's. And I've seen many 7's who think they aren't dicks use this same reasoning, which is funny. Because they are lol...... Alot of extroverts have trouble with introspection, so they end up believing and saying alot of really funny shit about themselves. They seem to have trouble with self-identification.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I know... I mentioned this earlier.
I just don't like the way alot of estp's try to tell people it's not a type thing. It really is, in their case. I know that some estp's are not dicks, but like I said, the type is renowned for producing dicks. That's life.
I'm not placing this on you of course, because I don't know you. But I've seen other estp's use this same reasoning many times in order to try to convince people it's not about estp, and therefore, them. I personally think estp is one of the more difficult types to manage successfully, especially 7's. And I've seen many 7's who think they aren't dicks use this same reasoning, which is funny. Because they are lol...... Alot of extroverts have trouble with introspection, so they end up believing and saying alot of really funny shit about themselves.

I don't know what you mean. I am a perfect fucking angel. :happy2:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Indeedy! I'd also like to go on record and say that when an ISFJ decides to be a dick...the way we go about it is often very vindictive and vicious. We very much are the implosive homemaker that quietly keys your car, flattens your tires, and torches your truck. All with a quiet little smile! :ninja:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeedy! I'd also like to go on record and say that when an ISFJ decides to be a dick...the way we go about it is often very vindictive and vicious. We very much are the implosive homemaker that quietly keys your car, flattens your tires, and torches your truck. All with a quiet little smile! :ninja:

Nasty, although I wouldn't consider that a "dick".... that's more of an insane female. ;) I think ISFJ is more notorious for producing what you have described: gossipy, emotional, vindictive, insane women, aka "psycho bitches". LoL......:D