User Tag List

12 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default ESFP making me laugh hysterically

I have a friend staying for a few days. I am pretty sure she's ESFP - have a hard time thinking she'd be anything else. High energy, fun and silly, lots of friends, gets mad with them but it blows over quickly, doesn't worry about the past, rolls with the punches and get things done etc.

I know her through mutual friends and I think this is only the third time we've met in person. I have been laughing so much already, though... I've been following her status updates on Facebook for a few years and everything is always adventurous and hilarious drama. I think that after having her stay four or five nights I may be a bit exhausted, but it's good fun for now.

Not sure what the point of this thread is...just thanks to SPs for being cool and fun. Honestly, in recent years I think I have known quite a few ESFPs or people acting like stereotypical ones (maybe ESFJs especially?)...but they've been a very cliquey bunch, and way too into borderline alcoholism, and I was put off by that. But this girl is too much fun. It's good to be around people some of the time who get me out of my head. I even find myself being more ESFP-like around her.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

The ESFPs I know are really fantastic and fun people, especially when we're both in our "right" minds. Just like you said, I couldn't spend 24/7 with them, but that's because of the extroversion factor. I love me some healthy ESFPs!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I think that's great, you should tell her that for sure. She'll get a kick out of it.

ThatGirl

.....that doesn't sound like me at all.....

Cool about your friend though.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think they are very cute and hip, and many times, I share alot in common with them.
    But I have to admit, I don't trust them on a deeper level. They aren't the most loyal of the types, and their discretions are usually lacking.....
    I find them very flighty, and they seem to come-and-go.
    They ARE funny and silly.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

ESFPs are pretty wicked I know one and he's one of the smartest guys when it comes anything practical. He can fix just about anything and is always working on something at his house when I go over, they are one of the types I have alot of respect for.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I think they are very cute and hip, and many times, I share alot in common with them.
    But I have to admit, I don't trust them on a deeper level. They aren't the most loyal of the types, and their discretions are usually lacking.....
    I find them very flighty, and they seem to come-and-go.
    They ARE funny and silly.
    I think deep down I might feel similarly. I mean, normally I have a lot of IxxJs for friendships. More introverts, certainly. One of the things I like though is that she's had a totally crazy, exciting life but doesn't sort of suggest that mine has been boring. (Not that it has, but in comparison one might think so...though it's all relative. I know quite a lot of people who think I've had a very crazy exciting life, but nothing like this woman...) She's just quite open and accepting. The ones that really annoy me - whatever type it may be - are those who think that because you don't go out drinking every night, you're boring and unhip, or whatever.

She's also quite practical and I admire people with those abilities, as I'm not particularly practical myself - certainly in terms of fixing, making, anything particularly tactile.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think deep down I might feel similarly. I mean, normally I have a lot of IxxJs for friendships. More introverts, certainly. One of the things I like though is that she's had a totally crazy, exciting life but doesn't sort of suggest that mine has been boring. (Not that it has, but in comparison one might think so...though it's all relative. I know quite a lot of people who think I've had a very crazy exciting life, but nothing like this woman...) She's just quite open and accepting. The ones that really annoy me - whatever type it may be - are those who think that because you don't go out drinking every night, you're boring and unhip, or whatever.

She's also quite practical and I admire people with those abilities, as I'm not particularly practical myself - certainly in terms of fixing, making, anything particularly tactile.
    She sounds a lot like my old friend I grew up with. Everytime I see her she is doing something - either fishing, or flying to see a football game, or zumba, or dressing up and going out drinking, etc. She's very active. And she always has someone new around that I don't know or trust, and sometimes they seem like someone I wouldn't WANT to know. Yes, she is all-too accepting of everyone, but that is also a positive, in that, I never feel like I have to change anything to please her. She has gotten me into REAL trouble a time or two.

She has all kinds of friends, from rednecks to nerds to drinkers to staunch Christians, and they all seem to love her.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTJ

My ESFP boy is the funniest...
    It's like he doesn't know when to stop

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

She has stayed with me a few extra nights, as she's trying to see if she can move to this city, though I'm not too sure it will work out this time. I thought I'd be exhausted, and I am looking forward to getting my (small) space back to myself, but I love the fact that I've laughed more in a few days than I have laughed since January - literally. She's had some seriously tough stuff happen in her life, too, some of it devastating, but she obviously gets up and moves forward.

She falls in love every seven seconds with cute guys on the street, and I start seeing more cute guys when I'm with her. The conversations have also been a lot more outrageous than what I usually get into. Expressions and comments have included "And then he said to me, 'He wants your vagina!!!'"; "I think we need to keep a Bible between us on the bed"; and "Let's ask him if he's having a Paki sex marathon" (yeah, I know how bad "Paki" is...long story, but I start laughing every time I think of this.)

It's good to spend time with someone so very different and find it so refreshing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING