• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP making me laugh hysterically

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a friend staying for a few days. I am pretty sure she's ESFP - have a hard time thinking she'd be anything else. High energy, fun and silly, lots of friends, gets mad with them but it blows over quickly, doesn't worry about the past, rolls with the punches and get things done etc.

I know her through mutual friends and I think this is only the third time we've met in person. I have been laughing so much already, though... I've been following her status updates on Facebook for a few years and everything is always adventurous and hilarious drama. I think that after having her stay four or five nights I may be a bit exhausted, but it's good fun for now.

Not sure what the point of this thread is...just thanks to SPs for being cool and fun. ;) Honestly, in recent years I think I have known quite a few ESFPs or people acting like stereotypical ones (maybe ESFJs especially?)...but they've been a very cliquey bunch, and way too into borderline alcoholism, and I was put off by that. But this girl is too much fun. It's good to be around people some of the time who get me out of my head. I even find myself being more ESFP-like around her. :D

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ESFPs I know are really fantastic and fun people, especially when we're both in our "right" minds. Just like you said, I couldn't spend 24/7 with them, but that's because of the extroversion factor. I love me some healthy ESFPs! :D

wolfy

awsm
I think that's great, you should tell her that for sure. She'll get a kick out of it.

T

ThatGirl

.....that doesn't sound like me at all.....

Cool about your friend though.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they are very cute and hip, and many times, I share alot in common with them.
But I have to admit, I don't trust them on a deeper level. They aren't the most loyal of the types, and their discretions are usually lacking.....
I find them very flighty, and they seem to come-and-go.
They ARE funny and silly.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ESFPs are pretty wicked I know one and he's one of the smartest guys when it comes anything practical. He can fix just about anything and is always working on something at his house when I go over, they are one of the types I have alot of respect for.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think they are very cute and hip, and many times, I share alot in common with them.
But I have to admit, I don't trust them on a deeper level. They aren't the most loyal of the types, and their discretions are usually lacking.....
I find them very flighty, and they seem to come-and-go.
They ARE funny and silly.

I think deep down I might feel similarly. I mean, normally I have a lot of IxxJs for friendships. ;) More introverts, certainly. One of the things I like though is that she's had a totally crazy, exciting life but doesn't sort of suggest that mine has been boring. (Not that it has, but in comparison one might think so...though it's all relative. I know quite a lot of people who think I've had a very crazy exciting life, but nothing like this woman...) She's just quite open and accepting. The ones that really annoy me - whatever type it may be - are those who think that because you don't go out drinking every night, you're boring and unhip, or whatever. :huh:

She's also quite practical and I admire people with those abilities, as I'm not particularly practical myself - certainly in terms of fixing, making, anything particularly tactile.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think deep down I might feel similarly. I mean, normally I have a lot of IxxJs for friendships. ;) More introverts, certainly. One of the things I like though is that she's had a totally crazy, exciting life but doesn't sort of suggest that mine has been boring. (Not that it has, but in comparison one might think so...though it's all relative. I know quite a lot of people who think I've had a very crazy exciting life, but nothing like this woman...) She's just quite open and accepting. The ones that really annoy me - whatever type it may be - are those who think that because you don't go out drinking every night, you're boring and unhip, or whatever. :huh:

She's also quite practical and I admire people with those abilities, as I'm not particularly practical myself - certainly in terms of fixing, making, anything particularly tactile.

She sounds a lot like my old friend I grew up with. Everytime I see her she is doing something - either fishing, or flying to see a football game, or zumba, or dressing up and going out drinking, etc. She's very active. And she always has someone new around that I don't know or trust, and sometimes they seem like someone I wouldn't WANT to know. :D Yes, she is all-too accepting of everyone, but that is also a positive, in that, I never feel like I have to change anything to please her. She has gotten me into REAL trouble a time or two. :)

She has all kinds of friends, from rednecks to nerds to drinkers to staunch Christians, and they all seem to love her.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My ESFP boy is the funniest...
It's like he doesn't know when to stop

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She has stayed with me a few extra nights, as she's trying to see if she can move to this city, though I'm not too sure it will work out this time. I thought I'd be exhausted, and I am looking forward to getting my (small) space back to myself, but I love the fact that I've laughed more in a few days than I have laughed since January - literally. She's had some seriously tough stuff happen in her life, too, some of it devastating, but she obviously gets up and moves forward.

She falls in love every seven seconds with cute guys on the street, and I start seeing more cute guys when I'm with her. :D The conversations have also been a lot more outrageous than what I usually get into. Expressions and comments have included "And then he said to me, 'He wants your vagina!!!'"; "I think we need to keep a Bible between us on the bed"; and "Let's ask him if he's having a Paki sex marathon" (yeah, I know how bad "Paki" is...long story, but I start laughing every time I think of this.)

It's good to spend time with someone so very different and find it so refreshing.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The ESFPs I know are really fantastic and fun people, especially when we're both in our "right" minds. Just like you said, I couldn't spend 24/7 with them, but that's because of the extroversion factor. I love me some healthy ESFPs! :D

Healthy ESFP's exist?! Where can I meet one? I guess that is a bad joke, I love ESFP's but all of the ones I know do not have their shit together. They are fun for a little while but when they start making senseless choices I tend to leave.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Healthy ESFP's exist?! Where can I meet one? I guess that is a bad joke, I love ESFP's but all of the ones I know do not have their shit together. They are fun for a little while but when they start making senseless choices I tend to leave.

I have to admit, from what this one has told me about her life, I have a feeling that could become a bit of an issue. Which is partly why in many cases I find that people who are very different from me are best in small doses.

I knew another ESFP who talked a lot of crap and made a lot of senseless choices...but actually, I also wonder if he could be an ESFJ masquerading as an ESFP.

I had fun with this girl staying with me, but ended up pretty exhausted, as I suspected. Also, a mutual friend who saw me suddenly interacting a lot with her on Facebook (though we've been Facebook friends for a couple of years, but she always tags people in her updates when she's been hanging out with them, etc) sent me this looooong message about how careful I need to be with her and how she's unstable and not really trustworthy.

Of course, the guy who sent me this message is definitely at least a little bit mentally unstable himself, and ESFP girl had told me all about the inappropriate sex conversations he was constantly initiating with her and others...he sure didn't say anything about that in his message....sigh. I was supposed to be keeping the drama levels in my life down, wasn't I? WHere are my IxxJs? :D

jixmixfix

Permabanned

I know quite a few healthy ESFPs and they are great, smart, funny, and gregarious people. I haven't many too many unhealthy ones.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like their company and we are pretty similar but ICUP mentioned a flaky decision making style.

For instance, I knew an ESFP who was engaged. It was a LTR. We had another mutual friend who was dating this girl. The girl was a well known flirt and everybody knew she wasn't faithful to our mutual friend (except for him). She came onto the ESFP. The ESFP went to our friend, and as a sign of respect, told him that he would never even hang out with this girl if our friend wasn't around. Our friend was touched that the ESFP had so much respect to say this to him. Well, a few weeks later the ESFP has sex with this girl. :dry:

He tells me what happened and is freaked out. That it was a stupid thing to do and he feels terrible, blah blah and you know, he was sincere. But yeah. Just wacked out choices now and again. You'd just shake your head and laugh at this stuff.

What's interesting is I never thought anything bad about the guy. He was just trying to do his best and would fuck up every now and then. Problem was, when he did it was huge. LOL.