First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yep that totally makes sense, it's just that Fi/Se (or Se/Fi) tends to appreciate aesthetics in general or at least sensory impact, so I'm pretty sure with many ISFPs that goes beyond nature.
    You mean, metaphysically beyond nature? No. You must mean "other things besides nature," just as the ISFP also appreciates things beyond art. But if you also look at their taste in art, it is not of the abstract but more natural kind of depictions.

It is easy enough simply to describe the ISFP as attracted to the beauty in things, whether they involve artistic animal expressions or live examples of natural products. It is more than an attraction, it seeks a primal attachment involving a sense of unity with the object being appreciated. The ISFP seeks out (sometimes by creating) that which invokes this sense of oneness expressed inwardly as a feeling-state.

Some might call this a natural high. And that's another reason for choosing the double rainbow guy video as an example, as he is obviously experiencing an altered or "higher" state of consciousness in a very authentic sense.

I like this ISFP description, which is a mix of Keirsey with input from several other sources, and it pretty much makes ISFP sound like what one would call "the artistic temperament" in an old fashioned sense of the word i.e. a very emotional, passionate, sometimes too impulsive or reactive person who is strongly aware of their senses.
    Very much into the senses, although the external senses only provide the input. The primary goal of the ISFP's psychological life is the inner feeling-state of merger, unity, oneness. They seek this in various ways. Some, like double rainbow guy, go out into the wilderness; some become beach bums in hawaii; some turn to artistic expressions; and oftentimes, getting stoned is a vector for furthering this feeling of merger.

The Exuberant Personality. I very much relate to this description, more than any I've ever read.
    The name "Exuberant" sounds too extraverted, whereas the page describes them as more ambiverted. But the traits listed do match up well with the ISFP description.

On the other hand, I'm sure many t.v. watching couch potatoes are ISFPs too, and since there are SO MANY ISFPs, obviously they're going to have different levels of intelligence and education.

I like the nature child thing, though, don't get me wrong. It's one of the primary things I like/resonate with about non-cognitive ISFP descriptions.
    I don't know what cognitive ISFP descriptions look like. Fi/Se? A playful-P nature is necessary to break free of the routines of daily existence which always tend to detract from the feeling-state of unity with nature and beauty. So that's one reason not to give up the MBTI altogether, it provides certain reasonings that aren't found in analytical explanations.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hate abstract art. I'm borderline dismissive of it as even being art or a real talent. I like highly detailed paintings of people, places, and events from various times in history, plus a little impressionism.

Yes, when I said "beyond nature" I meant other than nature.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I hate abstract art. I'm borderline dismissive of it as even being art or a real talent. I like highly detailed paintings of people, places, and events from various times in history, plus a little impressionism.

Yes, when I said "beyond nature" I meant other than nature.
    So what do you think of the Technoviking painting I have as a display pic?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    So what do you think of the Technoviking painting I have as a display pic?
    I think it's ugly, too drab, but I think techno viking is funny so there's humor in that.

I guess abstract art is cool if you use a lot of color, so that it's attractive or soothing, but some of it just looks like...anybody could do it. And I mean, it's good for people to express themselves, don't get me wrong....I think it's cool for any person to express themselves even if they don't have real talent.

But I don't comprehend paying money for something that is just a row of colored boxes, or looks like an 8th grader could have drawn it.

ISFP is not an art appreciator
    Cheat sheet:

Art History by Vuk Vidor
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

On here most of the isfp seem to have an affinity for art. Nature too. Me, I like music and I like dance. I like design and making things but I don't feel like sitting down and expressing myself through art. I think I would be expressing myself mostly by the way I use my body.

The aspect of isfp, that they need to express Fi through Se, or feelings and emotions through movement is probably true. But, how many ways are there of doing that?

It's really the need to express yourself than art. That's the whole point, the combination of Fi and Se. Values being expressed to the physical world.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    On here most of the isfp seem to have an affinity for art. Nature too. Me, I like music and I like dance. I like design and making things but I don't feel like sitting down and expressing myself through art. I think I would be expressing myself mostly by the way I use my body.

The aspect of isfp, that they need to express Fi through Se, or feelings and emotions through movement is probably true. But, how many ways are there of doing that?

It's really the need to express yourself than art. That's the whole point, the combination of Fi and Se. Values being expressed to the physical world.
    I guess that's why people learn towards the expression of fin art and music for isfps. I have the same tendency by wanting to express myself through music and I'm not ISFP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://mbtitruths.blogspot.com/2009/...f-16-mbti.html
    ISFP "Artisans - SP - Sensing Perceiving - Simple Pleasure-seekers: Artisans are the definition of fun and enjoyment, but they really won't like you much if you don't appear to want to have fun. When you want to do something fun and enjoyable, seek out the company of these people."

An artisan by definition is just a skilled manual laborer. I agree with the label "artisan" for ISFP. But I think some time in the past some dummy thought 'artisan' meant 'artistic.'

http://mbtitruths.blogspot.com/2009/...f-16-mbti.html
    ISFP "Artisans - SP - Sensing Perceiving - Simple Pleasure-seekers: Artisans are the definition of fun and enjoyment, but they really won't like you much if you don't appear to want to have fun. When you want to do something fun and enjoyable, seek out the company of these people."

An artisan by definition is just a skilled manual laborer. I agree with the label "artisan" for ISFP. But I think some time in the past some dummy thought 'artisan' meant 'artistic.'
    "In depth" Really?

What do you mean an artisan is just a skilled manual labourer. Do you feel you can't express yourself through a trade?

What's the point of your post anyway?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmm.. I don't think of ISFP's as being artists in the sense that they are sitting around in art galleries staring at paint splatters on a white board and trying to figure out what it's all about. I think of a (good) ISFP out in a forest or in nature taking pictures and feeling connected with their surroundings. Basically taking something very real and turning it into a meaningful and artistic personal experience. Art in museums can be cold and have little meaning to the viewer/ evoke little emotion, but when you take something that means a lot to you, connecting experiences with something beautiful, you can become a wonderful appreciator of the art that your surroundings have to offer. (and put those experiences together to create something nice as well.) That's why they are artists, and not art appreciators on paper. (What do they mean by "art appreciator anyways? Everything around you can be art, they can't judge who's thinking artistically and who is just sitting around and talking out their asses about somebody's naked sculpture.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.