123 Last

Thread: ISTP rebels

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default ISTP rebels

Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?

Riva

The way I've seen it, ISTPs rebel when they are frustrated with something/some situation. Other than that they would rebel due to hedonistic reasons. They want external stimuli. If doing drugs would give them the kick, they would do it even at school. Something of that sort.

On the other hand, INTPs are rule breakers just for the thrill of breaking the rules.

ISTPs - Need a reason to break the rules. (Ni)
    INTPs - breaking the rule is the reason to break the rule. (Ne)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

On the other hand, INTPs are rule breakers just for the thrill of breaking the rules.
    No, I'm just oblivious, officer, I swear

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

I suppose I could be considered passive/rebellious (instead of passive/aggressive). I get told I look like I'm up to something or up to no good a lot. I suppose it's true to a point. It's my default setting. I don't try to be rebellious, I just kinda am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    I suppose I could be considered passive/rebellious (instead of passive/aggressive). I get told I look like I'm up to something or up to no good a lot. I suppose it's true to a point. It's my default setting. I don't try to be rebellious, I just kinda am.

Yes, ISTPs have that 'I'm upto something sneaky' look. They have a 'I'm a career crook' look too.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?
    Not sure. I just do what I want. Rebelling against certain people, places, institutions and cold cereal is a part of who I am. I don't necessarily need a reason, but when I do have a reason I am like Rayden + Bruce Lee + Robert Lee + Guitar Wolf + Che Guevara COMBINE.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

IDK, I think I rebel without knowing I am rebelling.....
    Have actually been thinking about it a bit.
    I think I am a rebel in some ways, without trying or really feeling it. Sometimes I just stand for what I believe in, and some people call it rebellion, because it appears to be. And sometimes I am very at ease with what I stand for, as in, I'm not angry or feel strongly about it. It just is, and it happens to be labeled a more rebellious stance or opinion.

As far as rebelling without anyone really knowing it or realizing it, I think I used to do that all the time.....not so much now. It's fun to be sneaky. I pretty-much lived it in my teens/20's...... I was supposed to be the "smart", "good"-girl type, but I had a very dark side hahahahahahahahahahaha, which actually became more obvious later, in my 20's. I've actually integrated the two now, and I find that maintaining two separate identities was quite unhealthy for my psyche.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I don't rebel on purpose. I just do want I want. If others have a problem with it, that's not my fault.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I asked my ISTP about this last night. He told me that he doesn't see himself as rebelling or doing anything just for the sake of being deemed rebellious.

He simply acts on his own whim regardless of how it is perceived by others, society, or the law. He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense. But this is rarely the case as he sees large numbers of people as insane, tribal-collective mentality as dangerous, and many rules in place not because they make sense but because they result in revenue collecting and control. He abhors social expecations and norms for the most part.

He sees no reason to take strong stands against society as it usually entails more bullshit and aflliliations with yet another mob mentality. He finds the most productive and unproblematic way to retain freedom is to keep a distance from most people unelss they follow the same line of thought. His best friends are other ISTP's and ESTP's.

He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off. At the same time I have caught him doing extremely kind, humanitarian actions.

In a way I kinda admire the sense of equality he holds. He doesn't look down or up to anyone. He is extremely non-judgemental.. It doesn't even occur to him to judge people based on apparance, status, money, intelligence, or social skills. He's definately one of the most authentic people I've come across, and I think this links back to him giving a rats ass about how he is perceived.

ISTP's are cool cats, to be sure.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Are all ISTPs so fiercely independent?