Thread: ISTP rebels

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I asked my ISTP about this last night. He told me that he doesn't see himself as rebelling or doing anything just for the sake of being deemed rebellious.

He simply acts on his own whim regardless of how it is perceived by others, society, or the law. He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense. But this is rarely the case as he sees large numbers of people as insane, tribal-collective mentality as dangerous, and many rules in place not because they make sense but because they result in revenue collecting and control. He abhors social expecations and norms for the most part.

He sees no reason to take strong stands against society as it usually entails more bullshit and aflliliations with yet another mob mentality. He finds the most productive and unproblematic way to retain freedom is to keep a distance from most people unelss they follow the same line of thought. His best friends are other ISTP's and ESTP's.

He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off. At the same time I have caught him doing extremely kind, humanitarian actions.

In a way I kinda admire the sense of equality he holds. He doesn't look down or up to anyone. He is extremely non-judgemental.. It doesn't even occur to him to judge people based on apparance, status, money, intelligence, or social skills. He's definately one of the most authentic people I've come across, and I think this links back to him giving a rats ass about how he is perceived.

ISTP's are cool cats, to be sure.
    He sounds like an enneatype 5.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off.

I love when this shit happens. I remember being at a park, and this overexcited little boy wanted to impress his friends by sledding down the muddy hill (it had recently rained) on a piece of cardboard. Well, when he did it, he slid about three feet on the cardboard until his body slipped off of it, and at that point he continued to slide another couple of feet on his belly alone with his face pointed directly toward the Earth. When he finally emerged, he had a mouthful of dirt and was sobbing. I burst out laughing!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Are all ISTPs so fiercely independent?
    Yes.

Permabanned

Are all ISTPs so fiercely independent?
    I don't think so, but a value for freedom and space is definitely it aka they would probably ask for help or assistance within a proper healthy environment.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't think so, but a value for freedom and space is definitely it aka they would probably ask for help or assistance within a proper healthy environment.
    I like that style. <3

Permabanned

I like that style. <3
    sweet.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense.
    This is my philosophy. I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    This is my philosophy. I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.
    I think it's wanna-be ha. I couldn't rebel just for the sake of it. I would feel very dumb, too, and embarrassed.

-------------------
    I'm not sure if I would call that what intp's do though.... is it?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Enneagram
    9w8

Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?
    As others have said, I wouldn't rebel for the sake of it - but I am also much more likely to fly under the radar with whatever I do if it comes to doing so, aye.

Also, oftentimes when I have "rebelled" it's been a matter of practicality.

Minor example from my childhood: "Hmm, this private property would cut an hour off of my commute to school. *cuts through property via mountain bike* *avoids security cameras*"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I'm not independent in the sense that I've pretty much never completely fended for myself in my life and I think the longest I've been alone is somewhere around a month. Also, I prefer to be in a relationship than without. And honestly, I'd like to shirk most any responsibility I can get away with.
    Then again, I suppose I have something of an independent mind. If I didn't, I'd probably be a Bible-thumping racist conservative content with mediocrity.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.