MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    OA,
    I don't think I have crap Ne. I require a hell of lot of intellectual stimulus, and my job is not routine at all, but I do have strong preference for things....and habitual quirks. I mean I've worn the same perfume since I was 17, but my life is not routine by any stretch of the imagination. I just have little anchors of farmilarity.
    I would guess that everyone has a few habitual quirks or anchors of familiarity, but mine just don't define me as much as my pursuit of novelty. My INFJ is the one who orders the same thing at the same restaurant every time & shocks everyone when he finally changes it up. He changes slower, but then it will be a dramatic change.

I'm always doing new for the sake of new. That includes ideas, theories, etc. Once something becomes static to me, I'm moving onto something else. It will happen with Jungian theory also, as it has with any other ideas I've gotten hung up on for a time.....the less complex they are, the faster I move on too.

When I repeat something or stick with it long-term, I feel the need to change at least some details or see some other angle on it. If I don't, I feel trapped. It is very much about ideas though. The idea of something new motivates me more than a need for experience, if that makes sense. This is why I often enjoy the idea of newness more than the new experience itself. My Si comfort indulgence comes when I am stressed because of that; then, I'm spread too thin to risk the new.

So I definitely have some signature stuff I do, but even within that I vary the nuances. I mean, when I worked in an office, I'd take a coffee break nearly every afternoon, but I'd vary the shops I'd go to, the walking route I'd take to get there, the kind of coffee I ordered, etc. That's about as close as I got to routine, and I'd also attribute that to a caffeine addiction . I tend to do what my mood dictates, which throws a wrench into routine & planning.

The one area I like little change in is PEOPLE. I like the same, old people I am comfortable with, but discussing new ideas & experiencing new things with them. I do like to meet new people, but it gives me some anxiety, and I prefer 1-2 new people at a time in an otherwise familiar group. I think this is more related to shyness than MBTI type though.

EDIT: I will also say that I don't consider a preference for novelty in certain areas an indicator of Se/Ni or Ne/Si so much as he WAY person prefers to process that info, the REASON they pursue it, etc. It's the thinking behind the action that indicates the preferred cognitive process, IMO.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    honestly I think the strongest correlation with independence has to do with whether one has Fi or Fe Fe by it's nature is a very social function; Fi says "I do it MY way"
    that's not to say that Fe users can't be independent, but if they are, they are independent via strong use of another functinon (say Ni, Ti or Ne).
    that being said, the I think ISFPs are the most N of the Ss because they seem to be the most introspective. I think Fi kinda forces one to introspect and think of things conceptually because it needs to have it's own opinions/believes on things as opposed to adopting them like Fe users do (Ti probably does this as well in ISTPs) when I first got into MBTI, I had 2 ISFP acquaintances typed as INTJ
    Yes I do think Fi can make someone fiercely break into a rendition of "My Way." It's one of the reasons very early on I suspected that a supposed ISFJ was actually ISTJ in an Si/Fi loop, and he is. Or rather, he was. He's using his Te more and more now and coming out of it a bit. So I can see how you could type ISFPs as INTJ (my first guess on my ISTJ was "oh you're ISFP not ISFJ what is all of this Fi you have!!!??" ....but as I got to know him, really know him, over time I saw that indeed he is SJ and Si dominant, but that it's just that he is a very strong Fi type rather than an Fe type...in fact Fe pisses him off so much he was ranting about his ENFJ co-worker the other day, and the details he described were a hilarious Te/Fe clash lol.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't know if they are more "N", however, ISFP's have struck me as the "N"est S's- sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between the two. ISFP's have that daydreamy quality to them.
    Apparently ISFPs are most likely to mistake themselves for NFs.

However, I still think some ISFJs think they're INFJs.

ReflecTcelfeR

I am pretty sure you're just witnessing those types within introverted loops. I would think that N's would be more interconnected because the whole theme behind intuition is to connect seemingly impossible objects to each other.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think what might have caused me think what I did in the OP is that ISFPs tend to be a little more assertive and connected with their gut, so they're usually more confident and direct about their individuality. INFPs tend to be more subtle and express it more agreeably.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think what might have caused me think what I did in the OP is that ISFPs tend to be a little more assertive and connected with their gut, so they're usually more confident and direct about their individuality. INFPs tend to be more subtle and express it more agreeably.
    I think Se does tend to act on the external environment more strongly or in a more immediate way, making SFPs seem more direct or less concerned with other people perhaps...which is why I've kind of bought into the argument some have made for me...that while I have Te it's not always necessarily Te that makes me the way I am but in fact, Se. And it's mostly types with Te in a more prominent position that have said this to me.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think Se does tend to act on the external environment more strongly or in a more immediate way, making SFPs seem more direct or less concerned with other people perhaps...which is why I've kind of bought into the argument some have made for me...that while I have Te it's not always necessarily Te that makes me the way I am but in fact, Se. And it's mostly types with Te in a more prominent position that have said this to me.
    I would agree with them. you're earthier than most ENFPs
    as for NFPs, it seems like ENFPs often care less what people think than INFPs.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

One of my best friends is an ISFP. He's very spontaneous and thrill-oriented, so he's fun to be with, but definitely not intuitive in any sense. I don't think the two would be confused because the auxiliary function is so patently different... extroverted sensing is so much different than extroverted intuition.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

I don't know... for me personally, intuitve means the deeper i dig into the person the more i find out that their thought process is original/unique and what not in the sense that one can cut through the thickness of surface reality and explore the unknown. It picks up patterns and creates foresights based on these patterns and then having some kind of trust in these conclusions without necessarily experiencing them. Isfps tend to be driven toward experience at first hand due to their Se so perhaps their Fi (gut instincts and what not) feeds on Se. But infps in my experience are generally more N than isfps.

When a person acts the way they do, i ask myself why? If an infp is co-operative, i'll be curious to know what's going on inside them. If an isfp is independent, i'll want to know what drives them to be as such. Simples.

Having said that, i know isfps that are more co-operative than independent and i know infps who are more independent than co-operate. And vice versa. It depends on the person. Being independent is a personal choice requiring certain processes to achieve the level of independence desired. I suppose different people opt for different types of independence-- some want social independence, others want financial independence, and then some just want to be independent with their lifestyle choices and all sorts.

Also, SPs tend to be socially tactful whereas NFs are socially diplomatic (even though these two are almost similar by definition, if you observe the difference closely you'll know why NFs come off as more co-operating than SPs who will come off as though they're much more willing to take the plunge in a situation or context).

Anew Leaf

I would agree with them. you're earthier than most ENFPs
    as for NFPs, it seems like ENFPs often care less what people think than INFPs.
    lololololololololololol

If this is true then I guess I better start creating some threads asking for lots of external guidance on what type I am.