User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 55

  1. #11
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is just speculation, but the more I look at them, the more ISFPs look like Ns and INFPs sometimes look more S
    the vibes I get from generally go something like this

    INFP
    - I want to help people
    - I want to make the world a better place
    - why don't people help each other more?
    - I do what I think is right, but I would prefer it if we all just got along
    general theme: people

    ISFP
    - I am independent, I march to the beat of my own drum
    - do your thing, fuck the haters, they don't matter (albeit, they don't explicitly say this, it's very subtly implied, but definitely there)
    - I do what I think is right, if that makes me a rebel, so be it. conformists irritate me
    general theme: independence

    I'm not saying that INFPs are not independent (they're usually very independent) but ISFPs seem like they're more adamant about their independence most of the time. INFPs to me seem more cooperative and communal; ISFPs are lone wolves most of the time (even ISFPs who are Social subtype like Michael Jackson)

    conclusion: ISFPs seem adamant about most of the things that Ns are all about like independent thinking and not following the herd
    Uh, no.

    Here is a small sum-up:
    Your description of ISFP sounds far more of a description of Fi.
    I don't think a "general" theme of INFPs is people. Hahaha. No.

    Also, you have to take a grain of salt in typing other people. Odds are that you are not 100% accurate with every person you label as being INFP or ISFP.

    And there is really no way that an iSfp is going to be more "N" than an iNfp. That sentance makes no sense! It's comparing apples to boomerangs. You need a common denominator to draw a comparsion from.

  2. #12
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This is one of the things I noticed when I was reading Keirsey is that I related more to the SFP independence than the NFP human resources/social work...god I mean really??...but I really don't think that being fiercely independent is an "N" thing and no it doesn't make sense to say ISFPs are more N than INFPs.

    Being independent or different doesn't really have anything to do with being an N. That's one of the wonderful misconceptions of the Internet, and why soooo many Sensors are mistyped as Intuitives because they've been told that N = SMRT and UNIQUE.
    honestly I think the strongest correlation with independence has to do with whether one has Fi or Fe Fe by it's nature is a very social function; Fi says "I do it MY way"
    that's not to say that Fe users can't be independent, but if they are, they are independent via strong use of another functinon (say Ni, Ti or Ne).
    that being said, the I think ISFPs are the most N of the Ss because they seem to be the most introspective. I think Fi kinda forces one to introspect and think of things conceptually because it needs to have it's own opinions/believes on things as opposed to adopting them like Fe users do (Ti probably does this as well in ISTPs) when I first got into MBTI, I had 2 ISFP acquaintances typed as INTJ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #13
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Uh, no.

    Here is a small sum-up:
    Your description of ISFP sounds far more of a description of Fi.
    I don't think a "general" theme of INFPs is people. Hahaha. No.

    Also, you have to take a grain of salt in typing other people. Odds are that you are not 100% accurate with every person you label as being INFP or ISFP.

    And there is really no way that an iSfp is going to be more "N" than an iNfp. That sentance makes no sense! It's comparing apples to boomerangs. You need a common denominator to draw a comparsion from.
    that's not really what I meant, but I didn't word it very well so I'm going to edit it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #14
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

    I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  5. #15
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is just speculation, but the more I look at them, the more ISFPs look like Ns and INFPs sometimes look more S
    the vibes I get from generally go something like this

    INFP
    - I want to help people
    - I want to make the world a better place
    - why don't people help each other more?
    - I do what I think is right, but I would prefer it if we all just got along
    general theme: people

    ISFP
    - I am independent, I march to the beat of my own drum
    - do your thing, fuck the haters, they don't matter (albeit, they don't explicitly say this, it's very subtly implied, but definitely there)
    - I do what I think is right, if that makes me a rebel, so be it. conformists irritate me
    general theme: independence

    I'm not saying that INFPs are not independent (they're usually very independent) but ISFPs seem like they're more adamant about their independence most of the time. INFPs to me seem more cooperative and communal; ISFPs are lone wolves most of the time (even ISFPs who are Social subtype like Michael Jackson). with ISFPs, it's almost the first vibe I get from them

    general trend: ISFPs seem adamant about most of the things that Ns are all about like independent thinking and not following the herd because they are highly introspective. INFPs can sometimes seem like Sensors because they tend to be service oriented and cooperative
    I think the problem with your argument is that it is based on random generalizations rather than anything real. You just created a "definition" out of thin air about what "N's" are and then you create random ideas of what INFPs and ISFPs are, and then you form them together like a jello version of Voltron. It just doesn't work in this case. I don't see a pattern here.

    I would say that SO INFPs are going to be more socially/peoplely minded than SX or SP versions of an ISFP. The same holds true for the reverse.

  6. #16
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think the problem with your argument is that it is based on random generalizations rather than anything real. You just created a "definition" out of thin air about what "N's" are and then you create random ideas of what INFPs and ISFPs are, and then you form them together like a jello version of Voltron. It just doesn't work in this case. I don't see a pattern here.

    I would say that SO INFPs are going to be more socially/peoplely minded than SX or SP versions of an ISFP. The same holds true for the reverse.
    tell you what, I'm gonna think about how to word this better for awhile (this thread was created on a bizarre, poorly structured Ne impulse)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #17
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I don't see this at all. Concerning my ISFP step-dad and myself, I am closer to your ISFP example & he to the INFP. However, in reality, we both have both sides at different times to varying degrees. Those categories aren't as mutually exclusive as you make them out to be.

    I would say that this sounds a bit like Fi-dom e9 vs. Fi-dom e4 again, except that 9s can be loners & healthier 4s become less self-absorbed.

    The thing is, I also don't see any correlation with people being helpful & people-focused with S and correlation with people being independent loners with N. If this is born out of Keirsey's crappy behavioral generalizations, then I have nothing to say....

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

    I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.
    They must have crap Ne because I don't relate to this at all..... I loathe routine. Left to my own devices, my life becomes downright chaotic because I'm so naturally resistant to it. I see the quite the opposite again with my ISFP step-dad & myself; he's less open to new stuff. I'll try new food, new styles of clothes, etc. He's very much about what is comfortable to him. Again, I actually thought this was our e4/9 differences (and being young vs middle-aged). He wants peace & comfort, and I seek self-expression & strangeness.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #18
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

    I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.
    Er, I'm so guilty of that. I have default options. Particularly with food and certain daily rituals. I mean I'm up for new things....but unless prompted, I will have the same thing from the same restaurant. I'll have the same thing for breakfast, and the same thing for lunch. Apparently you can set a timer based on me and certain habits of mine too. I was not aware this until some one pointed it out to me. It's kinda OCD in a way.
    One thing I will say, is I've been told I'm a dark horse...I will suddenly desire change, and do it on impulse with no lead up.
    It's slightly more dramatic than changing for the hell of it all the time. Plus I like ham and cheese toasted sandwiches.
    ISFP's have that sensual thing going on,they like the novelty of physical change, INFP's don't require changes in Physical environment so much, we are more inclined to philosophical change, the stimulus of New theories etc, or at least I am. INFP are more about independence of thought....ISFP's are about independence of expression and voice. It's much more tangible and obvious.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Only my opinion of course and there's a whole spectrum within type..... but one thing I have noticed with INFP's I know irl is that they seem to be more particular, and prone to routine than ISFP's - i.e. liking to go and do the same things without tiring of it, and liking things done in certain ways, even if they don't verbalize that preference. It's like, you know that preference is there. So in that sense ISFP's I think come across more laid back and in some ways, more experimental/open/flexible to change in their lives.

    I always attributed this to Si in INFP's which results in preference for familiarity and in some cases resistance to newness, vs. Se in ISFP's. This isn't to say some of that in INFP's isn't counterbalanced by Ne, but it's just a peculiar thing I've noticed about INFP's - not obvious, as on the surface they seem very laidback - but rather, when you get to know them more, it seems they are very rigid and, well, particular in certain details and things. Also seem to not need the 'newness' of experience nearly as much as ISFP's; so externally INFP's can seem more routine. Routine in action; I'm not speaking of internal world/thought.
    Also, and this is really obvious in some ISFPs: tertiary Ni. One of the people that I feel resembles me most is probably an ISFP.

  10. #20
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    OA,
    I don't think I have crap Ne. I require a hell of lot of intellectual stimulus, and my job is not routine at all, but I do have strong preference for things....and habitual quirks. I mean I've worn the same perfume since I was 17, but my life is not routine by any stretch of the imagination. I just have little anchors of farmilarity.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 12:18 AM
  2. [NF] Are INFJs more idealistic than INFPs?
    By RandomINTP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Are NTJs more like NFPs than NTPs?
    By Elfboy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:44 PM
  4. [E8] Are Js more "8" than Ps?
    By yenom in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
  5. are you more or less logical than you think?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO