User Tag List

12311 Last

Permabanned

Default ISxPs are not xi and Se

I have a theory that ISXPs are not xi and se. But rather Xi and Si. The reason why is because Se is far too sporadic, se is far too concerned with moving from one place to another in an similar way like Ne. ISxPs tend to do best when focusing on one task at a time, gathering information while still staying passive requiring little or no movement. The reason is because Si is more focused and "stable" version of Se based on the descriptions. ISXP's are very good at noticing little details in their environment and have acute sensory perceptions. Because of this ISXP's have a tendancy to focus on details in their environment much differently than dom Se types. Although there seems to be a notion of "se" in all of SP's due to Se's desire for freedom and spontaneity, something is definitely missing in the description of ISXP's according to Myers Briggs.

Keirsey Temperament and Myers Briggs personality type
    check it out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

A lot of how we are focused on one task, attention to detail, I lend to Ti and I guess Fi for ISFP's being the filter to which Se is rung through first but I think that your theory is a Scionics one? IDK. Someone else can get into all that.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    A lot of how we are focused on one task, attention to detail, I lend to Ti and I guess Fi for ISFP's being the filter to which Se is rung through first but I think that your theory is a Scionics one? IDK. Someone else can get into all that.
    I think that the ISXPs sensing is an "introverted" one not just the thinking. The type of sensing to me for ISXPs is noticeably different than the kind in ESXPs. Ti is a type of thinking and it has nothing to do with sensing so this is why I say something is a bit off about the descriptions. Socionics is on the right track but I'm thinking more along the lines of Si, xi.The theory is trying to explain the people not the other way around so there is much room for improvement.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I have a theory that ISXPs are not xi and se. But rather Xi and Si. The reason why is because Se is far too sporadic, se is far too concerned with moving from one place to another in an similar way like Ne. ISxPs tend to do best when focusing on one task at a time, gathering information while still staying passive requiring little or no movement. The reason is because Si is more focused and "stable" version of Se based on the descriptions. ISXP's are very good at noticing little details in their environment and have acute sensory perceptions. Because of this ISXP's have a tendancy to focus on details in their environment much differently than dom Se types. Although there seems to be a notion of "se" in all of SP's due to Se's desire for freedom and spontaneity, something is definitely missing in the description of ISXP's according to Myers Briggs.

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/keirsey-analysis.html
    check it out.
    What you describe sounds far more of an introvert thing than necessarily Si. I think Xi abilities are very good at honing in on one thing at a time and using other functions that are extraverted and introverted as information suppliers.

Just my two cents.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    What you describe sounds far more of an introvert thing than necessarily Si. I think Xi abilities are very good at honing in on one thing at a time and using other functions that are extraverted and introverted as information suppliers.

Just my two cents.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think that the ISXPs sensing is an "introverted" one not just the thinking. The type of sensing to me for ISXPs is noticeably different than the kind in ESXPs. Ti is a type of thinking and it has nothing to do with sensing ....
    No function is an island. Do you see these processes as separate?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    No function is an island. Do you see these processes as separate?
    I see each function as separate I'm not sure how to see it another way. Are two functions suppose to blend in and make one?

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

[url]
    check it out.
    Se is exactly how they get the information. Se *does* notice details and sensory cues in their present environment. It doesn't have to entail skydiving into a volcano either.

Si's more about memories/past data - a historical "scrapbook" to refer to in order to make decisions in the present.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I see each function as separate I'm not sure how to see it another way. Are two functions suppose to blend in and make one?
    yes, because it takes two functions (a J and a P function) to make a type. And humans (supposedly) act as a type, not as a function.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ISTP is defined as being composed of Ti and Se.

Therefore ISTP is Ti and Se.

End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole