• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISxPs are not xi and Se

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah, I think this time you were using Si.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, I think this time you were using Si.

Si, Si... Oh, you mean that "crazy" little doodad I put after Ti? That's the Spanish word for "yes." In other words "Ti yes."

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Si, Si... Oh, you mean that "crazy" little doodad I put after Ti? That's the Spanish word for "yes." In other words "Ti yes."

If you were going for the Spanish word for "yes," the 'i' should have that little accent thingy over it. Otherwise, it is the Spanish word for "if." "Ti, if".... sort of appropriate in it's own way. So all this to say you are a xxTP of some sort? Also, I missed the part where Si is crazy. All I'm seeing here is that ISxP leans more towards Se than Si by definition.... then it was the conversation which got crazy :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you were going for the Spanish word for "yes," the 'i' should have that little accent thingy over it. Otherwise, it is the Spanish word for "if." "Ti, if".... sort of appropriate in it's own way. So all this to say you are a xxTP of some sort? Also, I missed the part where Si is crazy. All I'm seeing here is that ISxP leans more towards Se than Si by definition.... then it was the conversation which got crazy :p

I didn't feel like getting out the character map for the i in si. I'm pretty sure there was more to the beginning of this thread than the idea that ISxP leans more toward etc.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
????

Mal you're a troll. No one is even talking to you.

I'm telling him to settle down because I wasn't attacking him or saying he was ABSOLUTELY THIS, as he appeared to be interpreting that I meant I definitely knew his type.

This thread wasn't even suppose to be about me yet it ended up being about me for reasons of stupidity.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I didn't feel like getting out the character map for the i in si. I'm pretty sure there was more to the beginning of this thread than the idea that ISxP leans more toward etc.

This thread is done. lol I've accepted it and began calling people scuzbags.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread wasn't even suppose to be about me yet it ended up being about me for reasons of stupidity.

This is unfortunate because I'm truly interested in this topic (im uncear about it too)and would enjoy seeing more nonpersonal discussion of it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is unfortunate because I'm truly interested in this topic (im uncear about it too)and would enjoy seeing more nonpersonal discussion of it.

I tried, but jix just allowed the off-topic trolls to own his thread. It's this sort of thing bringing down the forum: "It's not all this harassing people and begging them to stop typing people by dumb stereotypes. Some of those people probably, you know, just got lives." (Marmie Dearest)

If I wanted abusive flaming I would head straight to PersonalityNation, where they know how to build a forum from scratch but not how to make it popular or attractive.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried, but jix just allowed the off-topic trolls to own his thread. It's this sort of thing bringing down the forum: "It's not all this harassing people and begging them to stop typing people by dumb stereotypes. Some of those people probably, you know, just got lives." (Marmie Dearest)

If I wanted abusive flaming I would head straight to PersonalityNation, where they know how to build a forum from scratch but not how to make it popular or attractive.

I for one would like to hear anything else you or others would like to add about the topic if there's more. Si vs SE and how they look different.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I for one would like to hear anything else you or others would like to add about the topic if there's more. Si vs SE and how they look different.

I'll create a new thread for Marmie and her vent friends to troll.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm saying the Se ISXPs experience is a more focused and detail oriented version than the Se ESXPs experience. The mbti description of Si is different than other descriptions of Si so people who are naturally into MBTI just accept that that TI and Se are what makes up an ISTP for example. TI which is thinking and Se which is sensing are different from each other in that one is thinking and one is sensing. To say that ISXPs use xI as their primary and Se and their secondary compared to Se as their primary and Xi as their secondary in ESXPs is like saying the only difference is one prefers thinking first and the other prefers thinking as the latter and vice versa. Both are still two completely different functions working together with a slightly different preference. The difference between extroversion and introversion is much greater than that in that the sensing is different. It might not be called "Si" but I think that ISXPs could be using a different form of sensing than ESXPs.

You stated that you think the processes are separate. So, keeping that in mind, I get what you are saying here. However, I disagree with the idea of separate processes remaining independent.

Ok. Here's a different way of looking at it. If SP's didn't share the same kind of sensing between us, then wouldn't we also have different temperaments instead of similar ones between the SP types?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll create a new thread for Marmie and her vent friends to troll.

You realize that you're being a troll right? This is the second thread I've seen where I wasn't even talking to you at all where you accused me of being a troll. I think I'm going to report you.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
You stated that you think the processes are separate. So, keeping that in mind, I get what you are saying here. However, I disagree with the idea of separate processes remaining independent.

Ok. Here's a different way of looking at it. If SP's didn't share the same kind of sensing between us, then wouldn't we also have different temperaments instead of similar ones between the SP types?

The thing that I don't get about the combined processes is this. If you look at the differences between introverts and extroverts in MBTI, they basically don't say much about it's functions that make them so different. An ESTP has ti as their "secondary" function and an ISTP has it as its primary. So really the only difference I see there is that the ESTP uses Se more than the ISTP ad the ISTP uses Ti more then the ESTP. The distinction seems so minimal yet if you look outward the personalities are very different. ESTPs are much more noticeably "extroverted". They are also different in the way they move and interact with the world. This is why I think it's the type of sensing that is differenent and makes the personalities different from each other. It may not be "Si" per say that the ISTP acquires but it could be something like "Se" with some "Si" flavor. It may come down the road in the future when new personality theorists that acquire a more refined version of MBTI that may say something like this, since 16 type personality theory will eventually evolve into a more refined theory.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is done. lol I've accepted it and began calling people scuzbags.

In life, there are only two personality types. People who are fun to chill wit! and scuzbags!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
uh, I kind of fell off a "bucket."

:D

Hope teh' beerz' n' life in-between been good to you.