User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    My feeling is that you are too much I, or not enough P, that's why you feel like an Si user. Does'nt matter if you agree with that or not.
    Again another personal attack without a proper logical argument this douche right here is what I like to call a moron. Don't worry your "feelings" here matter to all of us.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    If you ever studied logical fallacy's in school which I have, you would understand that the claim made about me is a "personal attack" and not a proper logical argument.
    Personal attack is one kind of ad hominem. The kind I'm thinking about is more like a red herring intended to drag the conversation away into a discussion about you instead of the argument you presented.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What the...I don't even...

He's questioning that you might experience these things yourself because of this or that. HOW IS THAT A PERSONAL ATTACK?

He's questioning your theory based in his own experience and what yours might be (I do the same thing!) ...sooo...I'm not sure what's going on here that is making you so mad?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Personal attack is one kind of ad hominem. The kind I'm thinking about is more like a red herring intended to drag the conversation away into a discussion about you instead of the argument you presented.
    It's been a bit of both.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    How is it ad hominem to say "well if this is your experience, then maybe you are this"?
    I can't learn about the ISXP type, or Keirsey's thoughts about Jung and the MBTI, while focusing only on Jix's real or alleged personality traits. And it's ad hominem by definition, because it's obviously addressed "to the man" who made the OP, and not "to the argument per se."

Permabanned

What the...I don't even...

He's questioning that you might experience these things yourself because of this or that. HOW IS THAT A PERSONAL ATTACK?

He's questioning your theory based in his own experience and what yours might be (I do the same thing!) ...sooo...I'm not sure what's going on here that is making you so mad?
    LOL your actually serious about this that's what's funny.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But they want to know where he's getting this (I do too) and the automatic assumption I usually make is because of the person's personal experience, or their personal bias...you know like "you're an ESFJ because you think my sleazy ways of being sleazy are sleazy" ...people make a lot of assumptions about type because of their own personal experience.

I agree that we must look to Jung...I'm really not as much of a fan of Keirsey...and definitely not Socionics...and it's also important to clarify which theory jixmixfix is going by because I think it's safe to say we're disagreeing with him on a Jungian or MBTI basis, while he may very well be arguing Socionics.

So if it isn't his personal experience, where is he getting this? And what definition of Si is he using? Because Si is not a more stable version of Se, and Aleksei and I listed out quotes from Jung on Se and Si, and also jixmixfix seems to think the functions operate seperately, in a vaccuum, while in truth they work together in tandem, as someone already said (I believe it was MDP and/or Sir Cockburn).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

But they want to know where he's getting this (I do too) and the automatic assumption I usually make is because of the person's personal experience, or their personal bias...you know like "you're an ESFJ because you think my sleazy ways of being sleazy are sleazy" ...people make a lot of assumptions about type because of their own personal experience.

I agree that we must look to Jung...I'm really not as much of a fan of Keirsey...and definitely not Socionics...and it's also important to clarify which theory jixmixfix is going by because I think it's safe to say we're disagreeing with him on a Jungian or MBTI basis, while he may very well be arguing Socionics.
    I have a novel idea for you. Disagree with him on a RATIONAL basis, rather than on an ideological or personal basis.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    LOL your actually serious about this that's what's funny.
    So u not mad?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I have a novel idea for you. Disagree with him on a RATIONAL basis, rather than on an ideological or personal basis.
    How is that so hard to understand?