User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Let me tell you about my ISFP wife. I guarantee she is ISFP, although she has her J moments, blah blah. Nobody is a pure type. But she is ISFP. Before we were married she took me to 130 mph in a Jetta 2.5. Later she explained that she always wanted to be a race car driver.

There is a crucial element missing from Jixmixfix's hypothesis: the difference between INTENSITY of experience, which turns a singular experience toward more depth, and the EXTENSITY of experience which requires a variety of more shallow experiences.

THAT is the distinction everybody is groping towards on this thread.

I'll leave it as an assignment to determine which one of those two distinctions of attitudes relates to Si and which relates to Se.
    I'm saying the Se ISXPs experience is a more focused and detail oriented version than the Se ESXPs experience. The mbti description of Si is different than other descriptions of Si so people who are naturally into MBTI just accept that that TI and Se are what makes up an ISTP for example. TI which is thinking and Se which is sensing are different from each other in that one is thinking and one is sensing. To say that ISXPs use xI as their primary and Se and their secondary compared to Se as their primary and Xi as their secondary in ESXPs is like saying the only difference is one prefers thinking first and the other prefers thinking as the latter and vice versa. Both are still two completely different functions working together with a slightly different preference. The difference between extroversion and introversion is much greater than that in that the sensing is different. It might not be called "Si" but I think that ISXPs could be using a different form of sensing than ESXPs.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You called speed and randominity morons. I'm just trying to figure out why you're so upset about what they said, and you did say that you basically didn't care about their sharing of personal experience.
    because they really didn't contribute anything to the discussion other than saying I was ISTJ and they don't agree which is how a rude or mentally challenged person contributes to a discussion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    because they really didn't contribute anything to the discussion other than saying I was ISTJ and they don't agree which is how a rude or mentally challenged person contributes to a discussion.
    Okay.

Since I met you I don't think you're ISTJ. You seem IxTP to me, most likely ISTP, so I don't think you're ISTJ, so I don't have that bias.

But like I understand, like there's some dude on here who is like "u is ESFJ" and it's so ridiculous, it's like...yeah...I was in a relationship with an ESFJ for nearly six years...if I was an ESFJ I'd know it...and so would the ISTJ who talks to me every day since his ex is also an ESFJ...nobody in their right mind thinks I have Fe, at the very very least...we all know I am FP...

So I understand your frustration. HOWEVER, I think both Speed and Randominity are usually thoughtful, intelligent, educated people who post on the forum. Neither of them are morons or trolls.

I think they were just saying they really don't think ISxPs have Si, and if you felt that they do, then you might just be an Si dom yourself.

Permabanned

Okay.

Since I met you I don't think you're ISTJ. You seem IxTP to me, most likely ISTP, so I don't think you're ISTJ, so I don't have that bias.

But like I understand, like there's some dude on here who is like "u is ESFJ" and it's so ridiculous, it's like...yeah...I was in a relationship with an ESFJ for nearly six years...if I was an ESFJ I'd know it...and so would the ISTJ who talks to me every day since his ex is also an ESFJ...nobody in their right mind thinks I have Fe, at the very very least...we all know I am FP...

So I understand your frustration. HOWEVER, I think both Speed and Randominity are usually thoughtful, intelligent, educated people who post on the forum. Neither of them are morons or trolls.

I think they were just saying they really don't think ISxPs have Si, and if you felt that they do, then you might just be an Si dom yourself.
    \I don't really care if someone disagrees or agrees or thinks I'm ISTJ, what bothers me are the accusations made without any backup.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

My feeling is that you are too much I, or not enough P, that's why you feel like an Si user. Does'nt matter if you agree with that or not.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm saying the Se ISXPs experience is a more focused and detail oriented version than the Se ESXPs experience. The mbti description of Si is different than other descriptions of Si so people who are naturally into MBTI just accept that that TI and Se are what makes up an ISTP for example. TI which is thinking and Se which is sensing are different from each other in that one is thinking and one is sensing. To say that ISXPs use xI as their primary and Se and their secondary compared to Se as their primary and Xi as their secondary in ESXPs is like saying the only difference is one prefers thinking first and the other prefers thinking as the latter and vice versa. Both are still two completely different functions working together with a slightly different preference. The difference between extroversion and introversion is much greater than that in that the sensing is different. It might not be called "Si" but I think that ISXPs could be using a different form of sensing than ESXPs.
    "I'm saying the Se ISXPs experience is a more focused and detail oriented version than the Se ESXPs experience." What do you mean by this vs. that "experience"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think their back up is that if you are making these claims about Si then you may be Si dom yourself, which in MBTI is ISTJ.

It's not an unreasonable thought.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think their back up is that if you are making these claims about Si then you may be Si dom yourself, which in MBTI is ISTJ.

Only in the sense that ad hominem is not a formal logical fallacy. It is, however, an informal fallacy.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How is it ad hominem to say "well if this is your experience, then maybe you are this"?

Permabanned

If you ever studied logical fallacy's in school which I have, you would understand that the claim made about me is a "personal attack" and not a proper logical argument.