User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 118

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    No no, Jung actually did define Se as a hedonistic experience junkie; albeit a fairly refined one (at least on Psych Types -- still waiting on word on his other works, as I'm unwilling to slog through them). What Se and Si are, in any case, depends on what definition of them you're using though -- and you seem to have Jung mixed up with Berens and Sim.

    Si definition 1 (Jung): Subjective view of reality. Si sees reality as unanchored to any given definition or perspective; depending mainly on the observer's view of it. Reality is what you think it is.

    Si definition 2 (Berens): Storing data and information. Si collects a storehouse of data which to utilize to figure out present circumstances, and prefers to anchor itself to the unchanging and stable.

    Si definition 3 (Sim): Perspective that it is most comfortable to relate reality to what one has experienced with their five senses -- attraction to reliving experiences, and dislike of novelty over what one knows to be best.

    Si definition 4 (Thomson): Preference for having all variables accounted for and stable, gathering expertise to make sure one reliably knows what to do and how to do it; and avoid nasty surprises.
    Those are all fairly different explanations of Si, I see the Thomson one being more "SP" oriented, looking at all the variables knowing what to do and how to do it, and the Bernes being more "SJ" oriented which is gathering data and comparing it to a storehouse of previous data.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Si is NOT a more stable version of Se. OMG.

    Okay. Si is a linear way of thinking, like a filing cabinet in your mind, which absorbs new data carefully in order to compare the new information to the prior information systematically. It ascribes deep personal subjective meaning to past sensory memories...it's parallel to Ni in a way, because Si creates symbols of tangible physical things...a clock is more than a clock, it represents something else, and so do houses and train tracks...they are representative of underlying archetypes and associations in the mind. However, the Si dom may not be aware of to what degree they do this, where as Ni is more aware of LOOKING UNDERNEATH SYMBOLS. It's almost like Si are the symbols and Ni wants to find out what is underneath them.

    Si notices when something is different or "off"..the picture is crooked, that desk isn't straight, this coffee doesn't taste right...are you sure that's logical? Because I've never seen that before.

    Se on the other hand is the attitude of observing and reacting to sensory data in the present environment. An ISxP isn't going to react as quickly because they aren't Se doms and the Se is filtered through Fi or Ti first.

    Also, the idea that Se means you're always out seeking crazy sensations or making a total whore of yourself or partying day and night is false. Jung cleared that up way back when he described the dominant functional attitudes nearly 100 years ago.

    Does Si sound like what you're attempting to describe?
    In a way it is more stable because Se is constantly looking out for more experiences, sensations etc. Si is more comfortable in a safer environment experiencing what they have already experienced. comparing past experiences to new etc. Se = the risky route while Si = the safe route. The main concept of Se is "the sensation junkie", however seeking "crazy" sensations is another story.

  3. #23
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't really care about "you" if you haven't noticed I'm talking about ISXP's as a whole you don't make up 99% of the ISXP community just as I don't. Don't just bring personal matters to a discussion talk about the ISXP type as a whole. If you can't relate to how your experiences relate to ISXPs as a whole then just leave the thread and stop wasting valuable thread space.
    How come none of the ISxPs agree with you, if you're describing the majority of us? Have you considered that you may be ISTJ after all, if you relate more to Si?

    I absolutely do not relate to Si at all, although my Se is weak, and certainly different from that of an ESxP. Of course TiSe has a different flavour from SeTi; that doesn't magically make it into Si for no apparent reason....

    And yes, the point that ISTP is defined as TiSe is true as well.
    -end of thread-

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    How come none of the ISxPs agree with you, if you're describing the majority of us? Have you considered that you may be ISTJ after all, if you relate more to Si?

    I absolutely do not relate to Si at all, although my Se is weak, and certainly different from that of an ESxP. Of course TiSe has a different flavour from SeTi; that doesn't magically make it into Si for no apparent reason....

    And yes, the point that ISTP is defined as TiSe is true as well.
    again another moron who thinks this thread relates to me in any way personally if you think it's true then good for you. FYI I don't relate to Si I relate to aspects of Si there are different explanations are definitions to Si and there are different aspects that I relate to regarding those definitions. If you took the time to read others posts you would know. I don't really care if you agree or disagree with me that has little relevance if you have no evidence to back up your statement.

  5. #25
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Also OP, for you it looks like you're borderline J/P. So if your next closest type is ISTJ, that's why you've got Si flavor.

    And this isn't just you, I'm just using you as a possble example - any ISTP close to the border will exhibit ISTJ traits. ESTPs close to the border seem to have a Te flavor. Etc etc.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Also OP, for you it looks like you're borderline J/P. So if your next closest type is ISTJ, that's why you've got Si flavor.

    And this isn't just you, I'm just using you as a possble example - any ISTP close to the border will exhibit ISTJ traits. ESTPs close to the border seem to have a Te flavor. Etc etc.
    nah I'm not boarder J/P I score very high Se in cognitive function tests. I have higher Ne so if anything I'm more along the boarder of INTP.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I have a theory that ISXPs are not xi and se. But rather Xi and Si. The reason why is because Se is far too sporadic, se is far too concerned with moving from one place to another in an similar way like Ne. ISxPs tend to do best when focusing on one task at a time, gathering information while still staying passive requiring little or no movement. The reason is because Si is more focused and "stable" version of Se based on the descriptions. ISXP's are very good at noticing little details in their environment and have acute sensory perceptions. Because of this ISXP's have a tendancy to focus on details in their environment much differently than dom Se types. Although there seems to be a notion of "se" in all of SP's due to Se's desire for freedom and spontaneity, something is definitely missing in the description of ISXP's according to Myers Briggs.

    http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/keirsey-analysis.html
    check it out.
    I might. But as usual, with analyses such as yours, I think it's important to keep the cognitive aspect distinguished from the behavioral. For example, you blend the two in the statement "ISxPs tend to do best when focusing on one task at a time, gathering information while still staying passive requiring little or no movement." Sounds kind of like a frog on a lily pad.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    again another moron who thinks this thread relates to me in any way personally if you think it's true then good for you. FYI I don't relate to Si I relate to aspects of Si there are different explanations are definitions to Si and there are different aspects that I relate to regarding those definitions. If you took the time to read others posts you would know. I don't really care if you agree or disagree with me that has little relevance if you have no evidence to back up your statement.
    That's a little over the top for simply disagreeing with you. I believe as the OP you need to bring the evidence for your point before we're required to bring the evidence against it - i.e. "burden of proof". All I see presented is your opinion, and I disagree.
    -end of thread-

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    That's a little over the top for simply disagreeing with you. I believe as the OP you need to bring the evidence for your point before we're required to bring the evidence against it - i.e. "burden of proof". All I see presented is your opinion, and I disagree.
    I gave reasons you just disagreed and gave zero reasons for disagreeing other than attacking me personally which far more "over the top".

  10. #30
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I gave reasons you just disagreed and gave zero reasons for disagreeing other than attacking me personally which far more "over the top".
    Now you're just making stuff up.
    -end of thread-

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs who are NOT sensitive to criticism and AREN'T highly emotional?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  2. Business Owners, Leaders and Entrepreneurs are not all Evil
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO