• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Deja vu = Ni inferior?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been getting a TON of these lately. And it's not even a momentary deja vu - my resulting thought processes and state of mind are deja vu'd too. I've been getting deja vus of deja vus even.

Is this common when Ni acts up? I hope I'm not going schizo (it runs in my family).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not sure, but I know exactly what feeling you're talking about there :yes:

or worse yet, when you get totally creeped out in a completely innocuous situation and can't figure out why... THAT annoys me :thelook:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not sure, but I know exactly what feeling you're talking about there :yes:

or worse yet, when you get totally creeped out in a completely innocuous situation and can't figure out why... THAT annoys me :thelook:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha! Nice one whatever.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
eh... who cares... I need more caffeine to function :coffee:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an Ni-dom and I have deja vu's too!

I've got a theory about what it is. I think the brain receives billions of pieces of information from the outside world, but chooses to store only important and meaningful ones. The unimportant ones get stored for a very short while and then deleted, like how you can look up someone's number, turn around and dial the number, and promptly forget it two minutes later. Deja vu's happen when the process is a little messed up. So sometimes you're about to 'forget' a piece of information that you have, but something happens that suddenly reminds you of it. So now that piece of info is stuck in limbo -- half-forgotten but not recalled either.

Does that make sense at all? The last time I tried to explain it to someone they thought I was crazy :laugh:

But, yeah, deja vu's seem to happen 'seasonally' -- you never get them, and then you suddenly get loads of them very close to each other. It can be a bit disconcerting...

Sunny Ghost

It's just a glitch in the matrix. Go back to work.

Jk.

Deja vu's drive me crazy.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lately i have looked upon Deja vu as a restart.. hihi

Everytime i experience it, it feels like i did a quick save in a game and had to retry.

21%
it made sense to me.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an Ni-dom and I have deja vu's too!

I've got a theory about what it is. I think the brain receives billions of pieces of information from the outside world, but chooses to store only important and meaningful ones. The unimportant ones get stored for a very short while and then deleted, like how you can look up someone's number, turn around and dial the number, and promptly forget it two minutes later. Deja vu's happen when the process is a little messed up. So sometimes you're about to 'forget' a piece of information that you have, but something happens that suddenly reminds you of it. So now that piece of info is stuck in limbo -- half-forgotten but not recalled either.

Does that make sense at all? The last time I tried to explain it to someone they thought I was crazy :laugh:

But, yeah, deja vu's seem to happen 'seasonally' -- you never get them, and then you suddenly get loads of them very close to each other. It can be a bit disconcerting...

That totally makes sense. I'd extend it to say that it happens when very detailed processes become overly routine, and because of the consistency of the action (unzipping briefcase at the vending machine for example), eventually your current mindset will happen to mimic the mindset you had during another instance of the action. Matching a current "snapshot" with a prior "snapshot" dormant in memory.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I used to have deja vu often but nothing too recently.

I don't agree with the current snapshot matching a prior snapshot. I still remember one of the most prodominent times when i had deja vu. I was sitting in the basement in Ottawa and what i perceived to hold very dear to me was falling away. I was having a conversation with someone which was incredibly emotionally fuelled and i told him something i had never spoken to him about in the 6 years i had known him. It was like a lightening bolt of deja vu as how we were sitting, in the basement, where the furniture were placed, even the conversation .. It just hit me for six. I'd had that conversation with him previously or i felt like i had yet i was doing it for the first time.

My theory is ... Sometimes when we have deja vu, it's just a reminder that we are in the place we need to be at that particular time. Our life map, if you like.

gromit

likes this
Yeah deja vu and hiccups. Seems like I don't usually get either, then every once in awhile get it a whole bunch of the time.

It's really disorienting...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use to get deja vus daily and was convinced i had predicted the present and catastrophize

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ni inferior causes the person to not want to internalize concepts. Ni goes hand in hand with Ti for TiNi people. The difficulty to seperate Ni and Ti can cause an ESTP to sit in SeFe. One leads tothe other. When around someone unhealthy they avoid Ni hence avoid Ti and they are stuck in an unhealthy cycle of just SeFe.

R

Riva

Ni inferior causes the person to not want to internalize concepts. Ni goes hand in hand with Ti for TiNi people. The difficulty to seperate Ni and Ti can cause an ESTP to sit in SeFe. One leads tothe other. When around someone unhealthy they avoid Ni hence avoid Ti and they are stuck in an unhealthy cycle of just SeFe.

+1,000

Having high Ti and bits and pieces of Ni could be a headache.
This could especially bother introspective ISTPs.

Ti - tries to categorize and analyse data.

But Ni doesn't care at all what Ti does and doesn't support/recommend it.

Ni - gives answers to questions from the subconscious.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1,000

Having high Ti and bits and pieces of Ni could be a headache.
This could especially bother introspective ISTPs.

Can cause confusion if taken to the extreme. I have learned to sit in Se and ignore and let go of confusion. ESTP may need to learn to sit in confusion until they get a better grasp. Being E they first need to be able to trust there outer world and also need to be able to be supported and backed when things get to far out of hand with the confusion.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you taken a functions test to find out? Perhaps your Ni function is active but negatively impacting you.
I test very low on Ni so perhaps it's something else that I don't know of.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test very low on Ni so perhaps it's something else that I don't know of.

A shadow function, that is, a low-scoring function which is not an Inferior function, can still be active.