User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Deja vu = Ni inferior?

I've been getting a TON of these lately. And it's not even a momentary deja vu - my resulting thought processes and state of mind are deja vu'd too. I've been getting deja vus of deja vus even.

Is this common when Ni acts up? I hope I'm not going schizo (it runs in my family).
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

not sure, but I know exactly what feeling you're talking about there

or worse yet, when you get totally creeped out in a completely innocuous situation and can't figure out why... THAT annoys me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

not sure, but I know exactly what feeling you're talking about there

or worse yet, when you get totally creeped out in a completely innocuous situation and can't figure out why... THAT annoys me
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

haha! Nice one whatever.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

eh... who cares... I need more caffeine to function

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm an Ni-dom and I have deja vu's too!

I've got a theory about what it is. I think the brain receives billions of pieces of information from the outside world, but chooses to store only important and meaningful ones. The unimportant ones get stored for a very short while and then deleted, like how you can look up someone's number, turn around and dial the number, and promptly forget it two minutes later. Deja vu's happen when the process is a little messed up. So sometimes you're about to 'forget' a piece of information that you have, but something happens that suddenly reminds you of it. So now that piece of info is stuck in limbo -- half-forgotten but not recalled either.

Does that make sense at all? The last time I tried to explain it to someone they thought I was crazy

But, yeah, deja vu's seem to happen 'seasonally' -- you never get them, and then you suddenly get loads of them very close to each other. It can be a bit disconcerting...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

It's just a glitch in the matrix. Go back to work.

Jk.

Deja vu's drive me crazy.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ

Lately i have looked upon Deja vu as a restart.. hihi

Everytime i experience it, it feels like i did a quick save in a game and had to retry.

21%
    it made sense to me.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I'm an Ni-dom and I have deja vu's too!

I've got a theory about what it is. I think the brain receives billions of pieces of information from the outside world, but chooses to store only important and meaningful ones. The unimportant ones get stored for a very short while and then deleted, like how you can look up someone's number, turn around and dial the number, and promptly forget it two minutes later. Deja vu's happen when the process is a little messed up. So sometimes you're about to 'forget' a piece of information that you have, but something happens that suddenly reminds you of it. So now that piece of info is stuck in limbo -- half-forgotten but not recalled either.

Does that make sense at all? The last time I tried to explain it to someone they thought I was crazy

But, yeah, deja vu's seem to happen 'seasonally' -- you never get them, and then you suddenly get loads of them very close to each other. It can be a bit disconcerting...
    That totally makes sense. I'd extend it to say that it happens when very detailed processes become overly routine, and because of the consistency of the action (unzipping briefcase at the vending machine for example), eventually your current mindset will happen to mimic the mindset you had during another instance of the action. Matching a current "snapshot" with a prior "snapshot" dormant in memory.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESFJ

I used to have deja vu often but nothing too recently.

I don't agree with the current snapshot matching a prior snapshot. I still remember one of the most prodominent times when i had deja vu. I was sitting in the basement in Ottawa and what i perceived to hold very dear to me was falling away. I was having a conversation with someone which was incredibly emotionally fuelled and i told him something i had never spoken to him about in the 6 years i had known him. It was like a lightening bolt of deja vu as how we were sitting, in the basement, where the furniture were placed, even the conversation .. It just hit me for six. I'd had that conversation with him previously or i felt like i had yet i was doing it for the first time.

My theory is ... Sometimes when we have deja vu, it's just a reminder that we are in the place we need to be at that particular time. Our life map, if you like.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe