• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] 10 Signs that you are an ISTP

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
zz

How about breaking things just because they've frustrated you enough after trying to fix them? And people count... although, it's more a fixing of logic. That is, assuming that you cared enough to try and don't just break people to shut them down.. :doh: or break them while caring about them, though they'd have no idea. :thelook: zz

And you refuse to be typed. Even after you agree you're likely an ISTP. Because who gives a fuck? zzzz

---"Why?"

I curse you peoples! :wubbie:

I would never let an inanimate object get the best of me. And your hatred for ISTPs is unbearable. Please stop.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Another addition to the list:

the ability to stay calm and exhibit strong self-control, when so desired.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
JustDave said:
I would never let an inanimate object get the best of me.

Clearly, you're not a female. (haha, JK. The one I had in mind doesn't so much as throws as threatens to throw...or just drags/kicks around said object, such as a phone. "Stop doing that!"

"Why? I've got a Warranty. They've already ordered the new one. I don't care."

"Just stop, anyway."

"Why?"

"Because ____ and _____ oh oh and ____! Are you even listening?"

"No. And no.")

Hmm. She considers most people inanimate objects too. Shutting them off without breaking or harming them seems to be a problem, though.

And your hatred for ISTPs is unbearable. Please stop.

:wubbie:

Oh, how many of y'all have extremely messy rooms? I wonder and I don't...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Clearly, you're not a female. (haha, JK. The one I had in mind doesn't so much as throws as threatens to throw...or just drags/kicks around said object, such as a phone. "Stop doing that!"

"Why? I've got a Warranty. They've already ordered the new one. I don't care."

"Just stop, anyway."

"Why?"

"Because ____ and _____ oh oh and ____! Are you even listening?"

"No. And no.")

Hmm. She considers most people inanimate objects too. Shutting them off without breaking or harming them seems to be a problem, though.

:wubbie:

I'm a guy and my room is very clean. But, my room wasn't always this way. A few years ago I realized that I can accomplish things more effectively when I am not tripping over misc. junk.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
^ Thank you. I'll be waiting for about 3 and a half more years, then...maybe :coffee:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Wouldn't you like to know? No? Eh.

Where have the other ISTPs flown away to? :cry:

Come back, come back!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My room is normally very clean, although it has messy periods when I get lazy. It makes me happier to be in a clean and neat area. Guess I'm not much of a P...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
My room is normally very clean, although it has messy periods when I get lazy. It makes me happier to be in a clean and neat area. Guess I'm not much of a P...

Could be a product of Se.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
80% ISTP on the JDTI.

I also tend to nod instead of saying yes or hello. Blank stares are the best form of communication though.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
my living area is usually in some degree of disaster...

my rationalization is that i still know where everything is

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How can I recognize if my gf is an ISTP, I've thought of that or INTP :)

What signs should I go looking for?:popc1:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
If she is very alert and notices everything she's probably an ISTP. If she seems to be in a daze most of the time then she an INTP.

Although technically not MBTI, it might be easier to determine her temperament first. Is she more of an Artisan or a Rational?

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
10 signs that you are an ISTP (in no particular order).

1. Every time you see Briggs Myers you think of Briggs & Stratton.

2. You own a tool for every occasion.

3. When you were young you wanted to be a: master thief, assassin, ninja, pilot, race car driver, etc.

4. You are actually happy when your computer breaks because you get to fix it.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.

6. Although to strangers you appear to be a risk taker, you know that everything is under control.

7. Get extremely annoyed when unwelcome people invade your space.

8. Anger is fleeting. You occasionally get very angry but it quickly dissipates.

9. You do what you want, when you want, how you want, but would never infringe on another person ability to do the same.

10. Although you aren't always a nice person, you are a good person.

(11. You're not good at following arbitrary rules.)

2 - you're good in bed -Lookin4theBestNU

3 - you've made your own explosives/projectiles/napalm

8 - anything that that involves machinery spinning at high RPMs makes you drool

9 - you think signs, curbs, and lines on the road are more of a suggestion

10 - you'd buy a jetpack without thinking twice

Not necessarily ISTP only traits :tongue:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Let me get my scissors.

True. Feel free to compile your own list and post it here. :duel:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If she is very alert and notices everything she's probably an ISTP. If she seems to be in a daze most of the time then she an INTP.

Although technically not MBTI, it might be easier to determine her temperament first. Is she more of an Artisan or a Rational?
Well, she thinks of a lot of background info on many subjects.. she has correct and up-to-date info on almost all the factual matters she speaks of. She knows how to make things work. Yet she's suggested that perhaps she doesn't think about anything at all.

She seems to like surreal humor and commenting on the common habits and customs that the people have - while she still mostly plays along. Like that .. shrug, what the heck, this is expected of me so I'll do it, so I'll get it over with. Then I can continue going about my own business.

She doesn't consider herself someone who's immersed in some long thinking processes.

That's a bit more artisan, altho fairly even, right?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Well, she thinks of a lot of background info on many subjects.. she has correct and up-to-date info on almost all the factual matters she speaks of. She knows how to make things work. Yet she's suggested that perhaps she doesn't think about anything at all.

She seems to like surreal humor and commenting on the common habits and customs that the people have - while she still mostly plays along. Like that .. shrug, what the heck, this is expected of me so I'll do it, so I'll get it over with. Then I can continue going about my own business.

She doesn't consider herself someone who's immersed in some long thinking processes.

That's a bit more artisan, altho fairly even, right?

I think so. The bold words in your post seem indicative of an artisan.

How abstract are the subjects she studies/reads about? For example my father and I both read a lot but he normally studies esoteric subjects such as quarks, dark energy, etc. However, my studies are very practical (i.e.: piloting and seamanship, how to manage a UNIX server, etc.). These are subjects that can be complex but have a "real-world" application.