• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] 10 Signs that you are an ISTP

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I can identify with some of those and then not much at all with others. I'm not a fix-it, mechanical type. I really don't care how things work, just so long as they do work. I am annoyed with arbitrary rules though.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this where the badasses hang out?

Winz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wait... Does the fact that I don't want to be a mechanic make me not an ISTP?!?! crap..

ygolo

My termites win
3. When you were young you wanted to be a: master thief, assassin, ninja, pilot, race car driver, etc.

Who didn't?

4. You are actually happy when your computer breaks because you get to fix it.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.

6. Although to strangers you appear to be a risk taker, you know that everything is under control.

7. Get extremely annoyed when unwelcome people invade your space.

8. Anger is fleeting. You occasionally get very angry but it quickly dissipates.

9. You do what you want, when you want, how you want, but would never infringe on another person ability to do the same.

10. Although you aren't always a nice person, you are a good person.

(11. You're not good at following arbitrary rules.)

The rest are fairly accurate too.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I've resolved my long period of type confusion and settled on ISTP. It just works on more levels than any other type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
*shakes up a fizzy beverage, cracks it open and sprays it all over MetalWounds*

Welcome to the SP club, dude! :party2:

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
(12). You still have Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy on your bed at the age of 30 (this is a man).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
When you have to ask your super awesome INTP big brother for his CC so you can get your '79 Trans Am out of impound.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Those are some weird signs. The thing that makes me an ISTP is A, I get bored easy. And B. I like to have fun/see how things work, AND THAT'S IT..none of this intuitive bigger picture B.S:cheese:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTP way of crossing the street:

1. wait for light to turn red
2. check for cops
3. cross the street
4. check for cars

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:hifive:

Hear hear! My ISTP friend does that all the time. Makes my poor pansy heart seize up when I'm with him!

Flight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
7w8
all those except i wanted to be a pirate (seriously). oh, well, actually come to think of it i also wanted to be a racecar driver and a fighter pilot so i officially pass the test

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
10 signs that you are an ISTP (in no particular order).

2. You own a tool for every occasion.

Just motorcycles...

3. When you were young you wanted to be a: master thief, assassin, ninja, pilot, race car driver, etc.
There was a show in the U.S. when I was younger called Street Hawk. Anyway....

Nope. I hate computers.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.
Maybe lawnmowers.....

6. Although to strangers you appear to be a risk taker, you know that everything is under control.
Sometimes I don't know it's under control until I walk away safely....I'm always hoping tho...

Yes.

8. Anger is fleeting. You occasionally get very angry but it quickly dissipates.
I'd say it's a long fuse but powerful explosion.

9. You do what you want, when you want, how you want, but would never infringe on another person ability to do the same.
Yep.

Definitely.
Yes.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp

1. Every time you see Briggs Myers you think of Briggs & Stratton.
Yep, or Tecumseh

Mostly. If I don't, I either can't afford it or I make it.

NASCAR or F1. I'm going autocrossing in my car tomorrow.
This applies to most everything. It's a "yea! I get to learn how this works" thing
Yes, but I will for good friends. Most who know me know better than to wear out their welcomes.
Kind-of,people think I'm not paying attention when I really am,and think I don't know what is going on around me when I really do. It's my relaxed,laid back manners I guess.
Yes yes and yes. And I will let them know.
Instantly. I am disapointed with people, get angry at situations.
You do your thing,I'll do mine.
I'm a fair person. I'm not on your side,or my side,or their side. I'm on the side I think is right.
Zero tolerance policies are never a good thing. There should always be room to examine the facts and make a decision based on the individual findings.

(Those are all my answers in the quote,sorry if it is confusing. I realized after posting it looks like I quoted somebody elses answers.)

The biggest thing for me is the "You do your thing,I'll do mine".I can't stand when I get to work or whatever,and am bombarded by "What's in the bag!?" or "What are you going to do with that!?You can't do that!" If I need your opinion or help I will ask and I will give you mine only if you ask me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1. When you know 530 BMW stands for the 5 series with 3.0 liter displacement (180 cui)
2. When you and the entp are the last ones drinking heavy stuff at the party at 5 am
3. When you are being the occasional clever dick in a conversation, yet beat up intps who are that all the time
4. When you tend to fall for the wrong woman
5. When you love your best friend more than your wife, but never tell him that in 50 years
6. When you recognize 5 weeks later, the guy at that party was acctually pissed when you said that and that's why he seized to talk to you
7. When you stand up in public for the nerds
8. When you have a supermodel girlfriend that can spell "money" but sucks at spelling "love"
9. When you are a good Dad but think you suck
10. When you are straight-edge about at least one or two things in life :)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram

1. Every time you see Briggs Myers you think of Briggs & Stratton.

What is a Briggs & Stratton. A law firm???

Only gardening tools. :^)

Astronaut.

I prefer a functional computer but I actually like fixing it when it does break.

For some reason, my dad thinks that I am his tech support. I cannot fathom why...

Most of the time, but, sometimes, lack of control is more exciting.

Only if they really get into my personal space. Yuck.

Yes, that is true.

This is probably true.

I'm very nice. I annoy myself with my niceness.

Not in the least. I am good at breaking them.

And, if these are the rules for being an istp, I seem to fit quite well. And, since I am not good at following arbitrary rules, I am still an esfp. :cheese::hi::hug: