User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

My younger brother is an ISTP. He plays soccer and video games a lot. He also reads a lot those fantasy type books, like Harry Potter and Narnia and what-not (as a joke I just call anything like that "dragon books.") He doesn't "make" conversation, he talks when he wants to, and it's always about stuff he's interested in, a bit less talkative than I am. Seeing my brother not talk around people is just hilarious. He's pretty smart, motivated too. Most of my siblings/cousins are Sensors, which I actually appreciate.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
    Well If he's willing to waste his time talking and texting you then he probably likes you. I can't speak for other ISTP's, but I'm not really much on relating to other people, unless I'm gonna try to get something out of the deal.

My wife "Lookin4theBestNU" says I should change "waste his time" to "invest his time". I'm not sure why though.

your wife is tactful, that's why lol tell her thanks.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
    ^
    ^^
    ^^^
    ^^^^
    ^^^^^
    ^^^^^^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

What a perfectly good way to ruin a topic, with serious, educated, introspective crap
    I guess we found that sterotypical ISTP.

MBTI
    istp

I guess we did didn't we. You should consider yourself blessed.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

MBTI
    INTP

1 - Whenever you take the Myers Briggs test, you come out as an ISTP.
    2 - When reading descriptions of the sixteen types, the one titled ISTP is the one you relate to most.
    3 - You haven't yet realised that a crawlspace isn't the best long term option for dumping bodies.
    4 - You hate me for even daring to post on an ISTP thread and are plotting the best way to kill me.
    5 - You're thinking about sex right.................now.
    6 - You're the one that set fire to that school that was on the news.
    7 - You're thinking about sex again.
    8 - Sex
    9 - Sex
    10 - The sex one again.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    4. You are actually happy when your computer breaks because you get to fix it.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.

It's not true!! Honest it's not true!!!

It seems so... illogical when put in black and white and yet makes so much sense when it happens..

Oh and it appears I'm quite the ISTP... either that or INTP and ISTP are damn close!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

My brother's an ISTP, and I will answer for him the following:
    1. Every time you see Briggs Myers you think of Briggs & Stratton.

He doesn't know who Briggs Meyers is.

2. You own a tool for every occasion.

My brother insists that he doesn't care about mechanical parts and stuff, but hell, he loves his little green screwdriver a lot.

3. When you were young you wanted to be a: master thief, assassin, ninja, pilot, race car driver, etc.

Yup, yup and yup.

4. You are actually happy when your computer breaks because you get to fix it.

My brother works as a computer technician. He's 13.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.

Yeah. My mom and I always ask him to fix the internet for us when it stops working, and he swears at us (me).

6. Although to strangers you appear to be a risk taker, you know that everything is under control.

When asked whether he wants to live in the city or the suburbs, he picks the suburbs.

7. Get extremely annoyed when unwelcome people invade your space.

Actually, I go into his room all the time to grab his headphones, and he doesn't care. But he's extremely messy.

8. Anger is fleeting. You occasionally get very angry but it quickly dissipates.

That's true.

9. You do what you want, when you want, how you want, but would never infringe on another person ability to do the same.

Also true, in my brother's case.

10. Although you aren't always a nice person, you are a good person.

My brother wants me to hug in 24/7, he may be on the verge of mental retardation.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    how do you guys act when you like someone or dislike them? what are signs to look for...since usually, you send a lot of mixed signals! lol it'd be nice to be able to discern what ISTPs do when they're attracted to someone and also how they liked to be approached and what they're attracted to in a person of "the opposite sex," unless you're gay of course.
    This girl talks to people she likes and doesn't talk to people she doesn't like :P She also has a case of the haters. Big surprise.

No joke, I feel like some people just don't like me and I don't usually know why.

I make eye contact with people I like when I talk to them. That's usually a big indicator. I don't look at the people I don't like... Maybe it's weird, but that's how I roll :P
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Default curious still

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    This girl talks to people she likes and doesn't talk to people she doesn't like :P She also has a case of the haters. Big surprise.

No joke, I feel like some people just don't like me and I don't usually know why.

I make eye contact with people I like when I talk to them. That's usually a big indicator. I don't look at the people I don't like... Maybe it's weird, but that's how I roll :P

thanks for the reply, it offered a lot of insight. though, how do you act differently from when interacting with someone you like as a friend to how you act with someone you like as more than a friend have a romantic interest in?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

one sure fire way is that i am the only one who isn't threatened by you,
    and admires your not-so-overt warmth, and tells you about it
    then you want to rip my head off for noticing,
    but then begin to cry
    and we get married atop the island you built out of secret sentiments
    I N V I C T U S