• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Calling All SP's (how do you destress?)

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Lately I've been really stressed out and I have noticed I am cooking and baking everyday. I don't know why its helping me cope but it is! Maybe its because we like working with our hands and creating things? I dont know...

This week I've already used my crock pot, baked brownies, a coffee cake... Today I want to make a carrot cake. The problem is I live alone and I cant EAT everything. Infact I don't even really like cake but on rare occasion. Lol I don't know what to do with all my excess baked goods. Any ideas?

Anyways. How do you cope?

wolfy

awsm
Give away the food.

I like to move around and do something too. Lying around doing nothing at all helps too. Opposites, but both help, maybe lying around helps me destress more.

I tend to want to hold on to stress often, part of me likes tension.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Give away the food.

I like to move around and do something too. Lying around doing nothing at all helps too. Opposites, but both help, maybe lying around helps me destress more.

I tend to want to hold on to stress often, part of me likes tension.

I know I'd like to donate it to something! My friends are thinking I'm trying to make them fat, lol

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Lately I've been really stressed out and I have noticed I am cooking and baking everyday. I don't know why its helping me cope but it is! Maybe its because we like working with our hands and creating things? I dont know...

This week I've already used my crock pot, baked brownies, a coffee cake... Today I want to make a carrot cake. The problem is I live alone and I cant EAT everything. Infact I don't even really like cake but on rare occasion. Lol I don't know what to do with all my excess baked goods. Any ideas?

Yum Send them to me. :D

gromit

likes this
If it's something I can't solve or figure out, I do stuff to get my mind off of whatever's bugging me. The other night I cleaned the whole kitchen, mopped, wiped off all the cabinets and counter tops, did all my roommates' dishes, did a thousand loads of laundry. Like there's all this energy, it just has to go somewhere! Also I like making stuff and exercising or hanging out with fun friends.

Or else stuff like watching a movie or something.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fucking, running, drinking, punching, etc.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Smoke, play video games, read some fantastical book, argue on the internet, drink, etc.,

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It depends on the reason for the stress. If it's stress from lack of control over things, I try to take control over things. I go to stricter schedules and to do lists and exercise and healthier eating. If it's being really busy/ having a lot going on, I try to take more time to myself. Deep breaths, journals, meditation, and nature, baths, stretching, light exercise, reading, and naps. If it's stress related to school, because of the long hours of sitting at a desk and hurting my back without socialization, I call friends, go out, drink, work out, go hiking, get to the beach, whatever. Working out seems to be okay across the board.

Bad coping habits for me are excessive drinking, excessive coffee, going online too much, not eating, nail biting, partying too much, smoking, talking on the phone too long, spending too much money. These things seem to temporarily fix things but make things worse in the long run!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dance when I'm stressed. I like going into the dance studio on my campus when no one is around, blast my music and just let loose. It doesn't have to be anything pretty even, as long as I'm getting that stress out in a physical way. I've come up with my best stuff while stressed and trying to let it out.

If I'm not able to do this, I physically over react. I've thrown myself to the ground in anguish or have done other physical acts dramatically. This is because I feel all that negative energy in me and it's trying to get out.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I go the gym, blast music in my ears and lift heavy things.

Go for a drive or ride (motorcycle).

Read an amazing book for hours on end.

Do something exciting that allows me to vent - anything from cliff diving to going on a date.

Fire/glow spinning.

Sleep.

Get high on caffeine.

Last edited:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bake. Working my way through the steps and measurements, having everything planned out for me and doing something that requires me to pay close attention or else I'll fuck it up, helps me to get out of my head.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I usually want to be alone when stressed out. Sit on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a show I like or hang out on the web. But I find when I get out and visit friends and hang out with them I feel better. Sitting alone is what I think should help,but it doesn't seem to de-stress me as much as being with friends.

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
What usually stresses me out is feeling trapped or contained, and I've found the best way to destress is a physical activity that lets you perform and get in touch with your limits.

I'm looking to get serious in weightlifting, myself. :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have noticed that in times of really high stress or major decisions in my life, I smoke. Maybe I do this twice a year? Not often, but it really clarifies whatever issue I'm stressing over. Gets me in touch with how I actually feel about things. Minor stress I tend to need to be alone to center myself or need to get out with friends. I do the opposite of whichever I have been doing more of around that time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oftentimes I DON'T bother with destressing because indicating that I'm stressed is showing a sign of weakness and possible incompetence :horor:

of course snipping at people who irk me is a good way to warm the cockles of my heart and make me a bit more relaxed and happy... some people just have it coming :whistling:

also reading endless lists of links on wikipedia, floating in the swimming pool or punching something tends to destress me :yes:

Sunny Ghost

It depends on the reason for the stress. If it's stress from lack of control over things, I try to take control over things. I go to stricter schedules and to do lists and exercise and healthier eating. If it's being really busy/ having a lot going on, I try to take more time to myself. Deep breaths, journals, meditation, and nature, baths, stretching, light exercise, reading, and naps. If it's stress related to school, because of the long hours of sitting at a desk and hurting my back without socialization, I call friends, go out, drink, work out, go hiking, get to the beach, whatever. Working out seems to be okay across the board.
Pretty much this. My methods for relieving stress are really dependent upon what is stressing me. If I'm stressed because I haven't had enough time to myself, am constantly busy, etc. I'll try and "slow down" time, in a sense. Basically learn to manage my time better, at least temporarily to get through it all, so that I can still feel like I'm getting time to myself. Going on long walks are always great stress relievers, too. If I feel too busy and go out drinking or partying, some how it just makes me feel worse. I'd rather use that time alone and to myself, instead.

If I'm stressed because I feel like I've let too many things get out of control, I get pretty anal about things, will go through serious cleansing periods of cleaning house, ridding my space of clutter, this way I can sort of gain focus and clarity again. And then I sit and make lists of things I need to do and work towards marking them off.

Bad coping habits for me are excessive drinking, excessive coffee, going online too much, not eating, nail biting, partying too much, smoking, talking on the phone too long, spending too much money. These things seem to temporarily fix things but make things worse in the long run!
:unsure:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Good coping strategies: take a long walk, play the piano, sing, crochet, draw a picture.
Bad coping strategies: whine, pout, have a prima donna hissy fit, eat way too much chocolate until I feel... ahhh... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!