• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My husband tested ISFP but seems to be NT sometimes

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can anyone shed some light on this??

Is it because he is in his 40's and so he is using these other functions more? It's not always, just sometimes...

We have a household of different MB types so it's all quite interesting. :cry:

heart

heart on fire
Two faces.

Talks about how different types may show a different face to the world, especially as inferior functions develop. Could he really be INFP?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I love this theory. I've even been told by an MBTI professional, that I present an SF face but am probably NT. I struggled with this until she explained some of this two-faces stuff.

It's a neat way to complete the theory, or a least pop in another of the edge pieces while we work out where one of the last bits of sky goes.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
My husband is clearly (to me at least) ENFJ, and yet he tests as ISTP. Part of it is that he doesn't fully understand what the questions are about, and part of it is projection, including to himself.

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
You can test anything and be anything else sometimes. It's a preference not a rule for life.

And yes, in middle age you typically develop the non-preferences. I'm enjoying this!

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
My big burly hubby tested ISTJ but is so obviously not on "I." He's on the phone constantly and talks to eeeveryone eeeeverywhere we go. I will say he tends to stay in the background socially with peoople he doesn't know but he doesn't seem to tire like I do in the same situation and if someone approaches him, he seems relaxed in conversation. He has at least 15 friends he talks to every week/month... some going back to highschool and at least 15 more he talks to less. He also cannot stay at home for very long on the weekends.. always wanting to go shopping or for a drive... and wants me to go! As for "T"... nope... the man cries at movies 10 times more than I do and laughs constantly and easily. He also reacts emotionaly based on his values. I admit to not have much knowledge about "S" and maybe that influences making me think he's at least XSXJ.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Two faces.

Talks about how different types may show a different face to the world, especially as inferior functions develop. Could he really be INFP?
Do you think maybe he's being NT when he showing his "Shadow" process?
Is that what the 2 faces is about?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
When you say an NT sometimes, what functions do they strike you as? Te-Ni or Ti-Ne, or combinations of both?

And is he stressed often?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Is that what the 2 faces is about?

Just giving it a glance, it doesn't seem to. It was talking about splitting extraverted functions from introverted functions. So and ISFP would be split between Fi-Ni and Se-Te. I think this is why heart suggested he was an INFP, as it would split it Fi-Si and Ne-Te, resembling both an SF and an NT.

Correct me if I'm wrong heart.

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
ISFP husband

Ok...I forgot I had posted this and just found it! Thanks for all the great answers!

My personal hunch is that he shows a tougher image 'to the world' as, being a man, the world in which he works has some tough features. Perhaps it is to compensate for the beautiful gentleness within him.

I was shocked to learn that his brother is INTJ and his 90 year old father insists that he (the father) is intuitive.

My husband sometimes 'seems intuitive' but maybe he is just very 'perceptive'. He is very S at times and we do have our moments of confusion when I am speaking figuratively and he, concretely. This was my biggest concern in marrying an S that I would lose that inner 'connection' but we really do have it nonetheless.

Perhaps it's because his F is so strong???

I don't understand the different functions of the introverted and extroverted versions.

I am ENFP so my feeling is introverted, right? So is his, acc to the charts.

His oldest daughter tested INTP.

Can a parent that are both P's have a J daughter and vice versa??

lookoutbelow84093

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey there. I tested as an INTP and it seemed to fit (even majored in physicis) until I met a true INTP and saw what the difference was (am an INFP). I think you can test any way, especially if your close to the middle on any axis. Not only that but a lot of these tests are based on maybe 10 questions about say Introversion/Extraversion, so if you answer 1 or 2 that could skew things too.