User Tag List

12 Last

Default My husband tested ISFP but seems to be NT sometimes

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Is it because he is in his 40's and so he is using these other functions more? It's not always, just sometimes...

We have a household of different MB types so it's all quite interesting.
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

heart on fire

Two faces.

Talks about how different types may show a different face to the world, especially as inferior functions develop. Could he really be INFP?

MBTI
    INXP

I love this theory. I've even been told by an MBTI professional, that I present an SF face but am probably NT. I struggled with this until she explained some of this two-faces stuff.

It's a neat way to complete the theory, or a least pop in another of the edge pieces while we work out where one of the last bits of sky goes.

MBTI
    INFJ

My husband is clearly (to me at least) ENFJ, and yet he tests as ISTP. Part of it is that he doesn't fully understand what the questions are about, and part of it is projection, including to himself.

MBTI
    INTP

You can test anything and be anything else sometimes. It's a preference not a rule for life.

And yes, in middle age you typically develop the non-preferences. I'm enjoying this!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

My big burly hubby tested ISTJ but is so obviously not on "I." He's on the phone constantly and talks to eeeveryone eeeeverywhere we go. I will say he tends to stay in the background socially with peoople he doesn't know but he doesn't seem to tire like I do in the same situation and if someone approaches him, he seems relaxed in conversation. He has at least 15 friends he talks to every week/month... some going back to highschool and at least 15 more he talks to less. He also cannot stay at home for very long on the weekends.. always wanting to go shopping or for a drive... and wants me to go! As for "T"... nope... the man cries at movies 10 times more than I do and laughs constantly and easily. He also reacts emotionaly based on his values. I admit to not have much knowledge about "S" and maybe that influences making me think he's at least XSXJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Two faces.

Talks about how different types may show a different face to the world, especially as inferior functions develop. Could he really be INFP?
    Do you think maybe he's being NT when he showing his "Shadow" process?
    Is that what the 2 faces is about?

MBTI
    INTP

When you say an NT sometimes, what functions do they strike you as? Te-Ni or Ti-Ne, or combinations of both?

And is he stressed often?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Is that what the 2 faces is about?
    Just giving it a glance, it doesn't seem to. It was talking about splitting extraverted functions from introverted functions. So and ISFP would be split between Fi-Ni and Se-Te. I think this is why heart suggested he was an INFP, as it would split it Fi-Si and Ne-Te, resembling both an SF and an NT.

Correct me if I'm wrong heart.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Default ISFP husband

Ok...I forgot I had posted this and just found it! Thanks for all the great answers!

My personal hunch is that he shows a tougher image 'to the world' as, being a man, the world in which he works has some tough features. Perhaps it is to compensate for the beautiful gentleness within him.

I was shocked to learn that his brother is INTJ and his 90 year old father insists that he (the father) is intuitive.

My husband sometimes 'seems intuitive' but maybe he is just very 'perceptive'. He is very S at times and we do have our moments of confusion when I am speaking figuratively and he, concretely. This was my biggest concern in marrying an S that I would lose that inner 'connection' but we really do have it nonetheless.

Perhaps it's because his F is so strong???

I don't understand the different functions of the introverted and extroverted versions.

I am ENFP so my feeling is introverted, right? So is his, acc to the charts.

His oldest daughter tested INTP.

Can a parent that are both P's have a J daughter and vice versa??
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...