• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Unlocking Your Inner Artist

Noon

Do you remember that, do you know what it means?
I suppose it doesn’t matter since you just take things as they seem
You’re just like every guy and I am just like every fool
Who believed in someone , ….
Yeah I am the girl who believed in you.

I really like this part.

T

ThatGirl

I just made this....

t8kuw5.jpg

T

ThatGirl

Lolol!

Shortie said to make a picture of god throwing die on the universe. I read that as "God throwing dye on the universe." I tnought it was pretty good for only taking me a second. :p

I know though, I have zero artistic talent. Tk could have made a better picture. Lol.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Lolol!

Shortie said to make a picture of god throwing die on the universe. I read that as "God throwing dye on the universe." I tnought it was pretty good for only taking me a second. :p

I know though, I have zero artistic talent. Tk could have made a better picture. Lol.

looks like God throwing thunder and lightning and death.

gromit

likes this
If you're still interested in drawing, do you know of the idea of negative space? It’s a way of helping you see proportions and things like that rather than focusing on the object and it’s known properties. Instead of drawing the plant, its stems, its leaves, you draw AROUND the plant, the space in between the leaves.

Perspective and angles shift the way we perceive things but sometimes we want to draw them not as the perspective makes it look but as our mental image of the object looks, then it doesn’t look ‘right’

negativespace-teapots.gif

Here’s a link that explains fairly well: http://www.learn-to-draw-lessons.com/learn-to-drawing.html

The exercise helps you train yourself to let go of the layer of meaning your mind puts on what you perceive and just go with pure intake so you can translate it more directly to the paper. You focus on proportions and angles.

space-donandblue.gif

Lark

I know, I know, artisans arent all artistic, but I thought I would post this here. How does one become artistic?

I love art and I think I've become more interested in it and appreciative of it lately.

Particularly sculpture, carving and clay modelling, I love Rodin, is that spelt right? The guy who created The Thinker.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How to be artistic, the writers way:

Step1: Catch yourself in a very deep emotional or intellectual state.
Step2: Grab paper and pen.
Step3: Start writing, let the words flow from within you.
Step4: Read it the next day.
Step5: Throw it away because now it seems like rubbish.

Step5, the proper way: Value your emotional and intellectual output which was in the moment. Correct things that seem idiotic.

*_* and there ye go, you wrote something valuable and can call it art. Keep at it so you get better, read a ton of books and allow your own style to manifest.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4384]ThatGirl[/MENTION]

Define "artistic."

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"I need to get my soul to communicate. It is much as a type of valve; at times words rush out of me, i am in a flow being. I try not to let ego get in a way of communication. I do try to listen what the universe can whisper. Writing, anything artistic in which one can leave their individuality to connect with the greater world, all is one and as such it is a trance; a form of meditation and a talk to a higher power. Time Itself does stand still” LightSun