• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Give an ISTP a compliment...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
....without using the words "fix, tool or mechanic" After seeing so many of these threads I'm curious about what others see besides being handy. I'm sure not all of us are in a garage all the time.

dead thread in 3...2...1...:alttongue:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs are often very witty and have excellent senses of humor.

You guys are also some of the most warm and caring people around, although it's generally paired with that cool and detached exterior, making it easy to miss.

Are you wishing I stuck with "fix, tool, or mechanic" yet? :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ISTPs of this world,

Thank you for embodying all the nuttyness of your extroverted cousins, but being able to contain it and thus be our interpretors to the world of those more "normal" than us.
My thanks also goes to you for being able to be assertive without getting outright confrontational like we do.
You are a insightful, witty, clever, and good natured bunch.
Do not ever fret that some misinterpret your aloofness as disinterest or rudeness, because it is what makes you able to see so much so quickly and make sense of it without causing a single ripple in the pond of life, whereas your ESTP cousins still haven't figured out how to get past the "cannonball" approach.
You ISTPs rock, don't ever change, and keep amazing us with your coolness and badassery.

:solidarity:

Sincerely,

-Alex of Halla

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
"Nice work." (along with raised eyebrows of impressedness) or *appreciative nod of approval*

I love ISTPs. My favourite coworker was our grumpy ISTP workshop manager--he's the one I miss the most. Smart, crotchety and had the biggest heart, though he did his best to hide it under layers of cynicism. Wicked sense of humour as well.

His favourite compliment was drawling, "Oooh, now that's clever," when somebody came up with a solution to a problem. So perhaps that's the best way to compliment an ISTP in return?

(A workshop is sufficiently different to a garage, right? :yes:)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
....without using the words "fix, tool or mechanic" After seeing so many of these threads I'm curious about what others see besides being handy. I'm sure not all of us are in a garage all the time.

dead thread in 3...2...1...:alttongue:

someone here needs some love. ;)

rav3n

Don't know about ISTP's in general but MDP gives some awesome dating advice!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Dear ISTPs of this world,

Thank you for embodying all the nuttyness of your extroverted cousins, but being able to contain it and thus be our interpretors to the world of those more "normal" than us.
My thanks also goes to you for being able to be assertive without getting outright confrontational like we do.
You are a insightful, witty, clever, and good natured bunch.
Do not ever fret that some misinterpret your aloofness as disinterest or rudeness, because it is what makes you able to see so much so quickly and make sense of it without causing a single ripple in the pond of life, whereas your ESTP cousins still haven't figured out how to get past the "cannonball" approach.
You ISTPs rock, don't ever change, and keep amazing us with your coolness and badassery.

:solidarity:

Sincerely,

-Alex of Halla

I hear you, but I still think you ESTPs get more women than us.:dry:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have a world view so opposite and yet so akin to mine, it's scary. You have strenghts I can only dream of, and others that I can relate to despite going about things in such a different way. You read people, despite usually not being really into people, incredibly well when you want to. Having you as a friend makes me feel safe in that moment as there's nothing you will miss or not react to with perfect precision within the blink of an eye. You can take a situation apart and react with such precision. Your sense of humor is delicious due to the perfect combination of seeing things for what they are, the no-nonsense approach and yet the perfect application/understanding of innuendo. And your down to earth responses to the world around you(and me) keep me grounded when need be.

I like :heart:

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
They seem like people who try to avoid thinking highly of themselves, so I would expect them to brush off any compliment unless it was about something they did / made.

So, I compliment their down-to-earthness. I also usually respect their humor & competence & quasi-hardass nature.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They seem like people who try to avoid thinking highly of themselves, so I would expect them to brush off any compliment unless it was about something they did / made.

True. I am actually repulsed a bit by people who play themselves up too much. (well, I'll admit a lot repulsed haha) :) And I tend to find that people using flattery makes me wonder about their motives. I think istp's might like to be complimented, but it does make me wonder WHY the person is doing so lol......I like it if I believe that the person doing it really thinks it's true.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

So, I compliment their down-to-earthness. I also usually respect their humor & competence & quasi-hardass nature.

When you make something (with awareness) you see every flaw big as a grapefruit. And you've probably missed something here and there. But if it works overall than I can accept it.

I can appreciate a sincere compliment or well timed insult.

:D

hahahaha. yes.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys are hot as hell :blush:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :c you totally stole mine.. give it back. >8c

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ :c you totally stole mine.. give it back. >8c

Nevah! :shock:

*retreats into his dreams of a ripped biker ISTP doing not so innocent things to him*

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
ISTPs are willing to go along with whatever crazy adventure xNTPs dream up using their Ne. :happy2:

usually anyway ; )