User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default Main Difference between Male ISTPs and Female ISTPs?????

What do you think?

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Should I?

OK.

Maybe this will would help too, but it`s not specific to ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

It's true you don't see many ISTP women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for ISTP men. It's the beards...

Anyway, I believe the difference between ISTP men and women is the same difference that could be said of any of the types males and females. Society expects women to be the stereotypical SFJ and men to be STJ. So, while ISTP men don't really have to adapt that much to fit in, women do.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    IDK

I think the ISTP descriptions can be pretty manly sometimes. Even the title "The Mechanic" is more masculine than just about any of the other types' titles.

Having said that, I would agree with what Mae said in her post, about feeling the pressure to be a stereotypical girl. Indeed I was always more tomboyish than just about every girl around me. I was more interested in math and video games than make-up and gossip and I wanted to be a skater girl and play electric guitar while everyone else was busy chasing guys and making their friends jealous. Also, I'd rather analyze a situation than have an emotional response to it. I feel more in control that way.

On the girly side of things, I happen to love babies and animals and would do pretty much anything to take care of them. That's about all I can think of right now, lol.
    Likes Dude123person liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    I think the ISTP descriptions can be pretty manly sometimes. Even the title "The Mechanic" is more masculine than just about any of the other types' titles.

Having said that, I would agree with what Mae said in her post, about feeling the pressure to be a stereotypical girl. Indeed I was always more tomboyish than just about every girl around me. I was more interested in math and video games than make-up and gossip and I wanted to be a skater girl and play electric guitar while everyone else was busy chasing guys and making their friends jealous. Also, I'd rather analyze a situation than have an emotional response to it. I feel more in control that way.

On the girly side of things, I happen to love babies and animals and would do pretty much anything to take care of them. That's about all I can think of right now, lol.
    I think you're probably ISTP.... I've always liked clothes and makeup to a certain degree, but it was more of a hobby than something I did because it was girlie, if that makes sense. (Of course, I am sx-dom, so I think I was more into looking good than most istp's.) I was way-into video games. My best friend was istj, and it pretty much broke up our relationship when she pulled an esfj into our circle. This girl was pretty-much forced into my life, and I withdrew from them because I hated her petty, competitive crap. I thought she was a nice girl and all, but it wasn't something I wanted around me. To this day, I have no use for either of them. I was so GLAD to finish high school and get away from all the crap I kept trying to avoid. I liked to chase guys, but I hated the competitive stuff.... Like, if I went out with a guy and thought he was cute, if my friend then went out with him, I never forgave that. I basically just wanted out of this awful situation lolol....... and free to do my own thing without being involved in a social circle at all.
    -----------------------
    As far as men and women being different, that's hard for me to say. I've seen some istp's here and I'm different from all of them, and they are all different from each other, to me. The women I think, are just a bit more feminine than the men. Some of the istp guys seem to be a lot less communicative, I suppose. More separated and distant. Almost with a chip on their shoulder, or something to prove....... whereas the women seem more warm and inviting (that's not to say that compared to other types they are warm and inviting, just when compared to the men). Just something I've noticed on these particular forums..... I, for instance, will allow people in slowly as I trust moreso, but it seems they allow people in, but then play games or take on personas, in order to keep their distance. It's almost as if the female istp's are much more genuine about who they are and what they want. It seems like the women are much-more likely to be friendly and accommodating when approached, or at least try to be. I know one istp irl, and I hate to say it, but he's pretty immature for his age. It seems that many of the istp men never grow to really know themselves, but I've also seen some excellent examples of some who have, and who are incredibly successful at life.
    Last edited by ICUP; 09-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned

I think the SP temperament is more of a male trait, an SFJ or NFJ trait is more female. Attitudes about sex have alot to do with this. For survival purposes men have always lived with the idea that having multiple sexual encounters insures the survival and reproduction of our species "Se". Women on the other hand need to be more reserved in their approach to sex and matting due to child bearing purposes SJ, NJ. My guess would be that most ISTP women act more "feminine" than ISTP men, they are more sensitive to other peoples emotions or hurting peoples feelings etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

ISTP women have boobs.
    That is the only difference I can think of right now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

On a more serious note. From my point of view, I play rugby, I love contact sports, I drive fast, I ski fast, I work in a massively male dominated profession, I'm very attractive to other women. And I can't stand girly girls. All in all not dissimilar to the average ISTP male. Apart from I probably have nicer breasts.

Trying to think of typically girly things that i do- I can't think of any. I like writing fiction. Is that girly?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    Trying to think of typically girly things that i do- I can't think of any. I like writing fiction. Is that girly?
    That and you like to talk about your breasts.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Male is more non-conformist.