User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there, but I think it may because they trust their Ti more than us. We may be heavily dependent on Ti too, but Se allows us to "chart the course" and adapt
    Primary Ti in MBTi manifests itself with both Se and Ne. If anything their Ne is heavily influencing their Ti much like how Se heavily influences Ti in the ISTP. The differences rely on the "S" and "N" function not the Ti.

I think INTPs try to perfect mental models in order understand something. ISTPs focus on what's more pertinent for the moment or be prone to risk. This is from Socionics, but I thought it was accurate. It's "Gulenko's Cognitive Styles". Many INTPs would fall under the "Holographic/Panoramic" cognitive style, I think.

This cognitive style has much in common with the holographic principle in physics. A hologram (optical) is a statistically recorded interference pattern made by two beams of light which are transmitted and reflected from a single source. Holographic technology allows us to obtain a three-dimensional image of an object. [..]

In this way, by mentally superimposing multiple projections of the same object, Holographists reach a holistic view. To do this, they look at the image and select a desired angle of examination. Holographic cognition often utilizes the grammatical conjunctives: "or-or", "either-or", "on the one hand, on the other hand". It actively uses the principle of perspective; unrestricted choice in point of view. [..]

LII grasps the problem from opposite sides, mentally rotating the situation in three dimensions around its semantic axes..
    Most ISTPs on the other hand would be "Vortical-Synthetic":

Synergetics—the science of how order emerges from chaos. The word 'synergy' in Ancient Greek means "concerted action". The concept of synergy continues to be discussed at present. In the West, it is called 'Chaos Theory' or 'Nonlinear Dynamics'. For our purposes, it is important to note that it is characterized by so-called dissipative states—non-equilibrium, nonlinear, unstable.

[..]

SLI 'lies in a drift' as it were awaiting favorable wind.

Characteristic of a 'vortex' is its self-organizing nature, moving like a whirlwind. This manifests mentally as a rapid search for options, tests, and the subsequent screening of variants which do not yield results. It operates on basis of testing, advancing to the goal through trial and error. In a sense, it is comparable to a perpetual lab experiment in the brain.

The first advantage of Vortical cognition—liveliness and naturalness. It seems to simulate the actual processes occurring in nature. Another advantage—faith in success and luck. Synergetics do not confuse temporary setbacks with error; they will undertake attempt after attempt until success ultimately comes to them.
    lol, sorry for the derail. Looks like I've built a mental model myself, but I'm just stealing from this guy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    SLI 'lies in a drift' as it were awaiting favorable wind.
    Hah. I very much agree. I was once told I was like a fish that wouldn't bother fighting a current, but would try to work with the current.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

ISTP women are fiercely independent. I've always had a phobia of being controlling, be it sexually, physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc. The only thing I've ever wanted to be is completely and utterly FREE in all ways possible.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Genitalia.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Genitalia.
    ^

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Male ISTPs don't give a hoot about fashion. Female ISTPs generally pimp out their appearance.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

^ I only attempt. 1 out of 10 times, maybe. I don't consider myself very fashionable.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

The female ISTP play video games, drive fast, like manly sports. They are men in sexy female bodies.