User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ignore, in both scenarios. I'd probably GTFO in the first one, though, since crazies in the streets can be potentially violent. In the second, I'd probably just drive as far away from them as possible. Don't need anyone pulling a gun on me or otherwise damaging my car.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Ignore them run away, possibly squeaking and flapping my arms in terror.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Actually, depending on the day, I might get into a little spat with the asshat in the car. Most of the time, though, I'd probably ignore.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    Aight so you're walking somewhere (can be anywhere) and as you're walking some fool you've never met screams out something at you (can be anything) to try and insult you. What are you going to do? Just gonna ignore them and keep walking or say something back?
    I'll naturally assume it wasn't directed at me, but if there's no denying it, I'll definitely laugh at the fools over-reaction, say "thanks a lot", and blow a kiss for the road.

Edit: I just noticed this thread is in the SP forum. Details. :\

MBTI
    INFP

Depends on my mood. Lately I showed the middle finger and made an angry face. It worked - the insulter was startled because before people ran away.
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Ignore them run away, possibly squeaking and flapping my arms in terror.
    Best answer so far.

I think what Senza was *trying* to say - is that they would take the "I'm crazier than you" approach thereby scaring the person yelling and neuralizing any potenial threat.

Right, Senza? Right?

:P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Keep walking. Say nothing. Pretend I didn't hear. Stare at the pavement.

Actually, that's what I do when ANYONE says stuff to me in public. Not just an insult.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think the nuances of ignoring people are important. If the people are actually aggresive and possibly dangerous, it's important not to look like a target unless they want to circle around again. In which case eye contact but no facial response is good enough not to look like prey, but not goading enough to take it as a challenge.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I think the nuances of ignoring people are important. If the people are actually aggresive and possibly dangerous, it's important not to look like a target unless they want to circle around again. In which case eye contact but no facial response is good enough not to look like prey, but not goading enough to take it as a challenge.
    Yeah, that's why you neither provoke them nor flail around and panic. If it seems like you're going somewhere else with purpose while blatantly ignoring them, then they assume that you have some sort of plan/are currently concocting a plan, and that makes you a less desirable target.

If you give the impression of having some level of wherewithal, you are less likely to get attacked.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    Aight so you're walking somewhere (can be anywhere) and as you're walking some fool you've never met screams out something at you (can be anything) to try and insult you. What are you going to do? Just gonna ignore them and keep walking or say something back?
    I think my only respose would be fuck you. Unless they tried to attack me physically, pretty straightforward. Ive incountrered some douche bags who appear to be on drugs the best best is to walk away, unless there is some form of physical threat. A good example would be this one time when a big dog was loose on my street as i was walking home. I was actually walking in his direction but on the other side of the road. I heard him growling but I knew If i ran he would chase after me so I simply walked at the same pace without making eye contact and the dog just ignored me.