First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I'm pretty sure you must have met more. It's that we don't categorize people in to types as soon as we meet them or even though we've known them for long. We notice only the most noticeable/ obvious people we can type. And I'm sure I must have met a lot of INFXs in my life. It's that I've not noticed or not being abled to categorize them.
    I think of xstp as all being Halla style. I think that's why I don't identify them easily, personally.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think at least one of my friends is an ISTP, though I'm not sure (I'm usually not "sure" of people's type). Cool guy. Weird sense of humour, likes guns and bikes, pretty laid back, sometimes a bit too much, I think, and he has a more flexible attitude to morality than I do... He opened up to me a handful of times about feeling insecure/alone/stressed/whatever, which I found touching because I doubt he does that much with anyone.

I have met a lot of people behaving like stereotypical ESFPs but I'm sure a lot of them are other types. I'm also pretty sure some of them are ESFPs, though, and I think one of my good friends may be one. ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one.

Not sure if I know or have known any ENTJs. Definitely an ENTP or two, but I'm less sure about ENTJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Riva

Have you met Halla in real life? It's not going to be easy to find people common to someone you've never met.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Have you met Halla in real life? It's not going to be easy to find people common to someone you've never met.
    I haven't met Halla in real life, but I would love to

I think I would be disappointed if other ESTPs proved to be less cool/force of nature than Halla, though.

EDIT: Ah, just realised you were probably asking shortandsweet. But I weighed in too.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I haven't met Halla in real life, but I would love to

I think I would be disappointed if other ESTPs proved to be less cool/force of nature than Halla, though.
    ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one.
    That question was directed at shortnsweet. Be very very careful what you wish for. I mean wanting to meet an ESTP. If you meet an ESTP you've most likely end up, you know...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

No. It's not exactly like I compare the people to Halla either. But I'm more likely to be able to pick out a more intense, vivacious ESTP. I just wanted to pick someone that we all knew here instead of listing all the qualities.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Upon a nightowl googling marathon (we all have them, don't judge), I found out that ESTPs make up only 4.3% of the whole population.

And it turns out that the OMFGIMUNIQUE types (INFP and ENFP) are actually more common.

ISTPs are pretty uncommon as well - only 5.3% or so.

So, does this strike you as a surprise? Do you feel like xSTPs are uncommon. LIKE BEING SPECIAL*??

* = SPECIAL. Not "...."special"..."
    ESTP women are rarer than NFP women, but NFP men are much rarer than ESTP men (NF is the rarest male archtype)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Riva

I have met a lot of people behaving like stereotypical ESFPs but I'm sure a lot of them are other types. I'm also pretty sure some of them are ESFPs, though, and I think one of my good friends may be one. ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one.
    A lot of XSTPs give the appearance of being ESFPs when they are in fun loving moods. Especially ISTPs especially when they open up. They go crazy. When they are (ISTPs) let their defenses down they act like clowns. And then they go back to their heads again and forget about you.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No. It's not exactly like I compare the people to Halla either. But I'm more likely to be able to pick out a more intense, vivacious ESTP. I just wanted to pick someone that we all knew here instead of listing all the qualities.
    Unless otherwise Halla is pissed he acts very much like an ESFP. Only when he is pissed he shows his true XSTP colours which tend to be extremely edgy. But most of the time he behaves like an ESFP. He is mellow, fun, crazy and a bit more open than ESTPs tend to be. (I believe it's because of a forum he comes here to pour his inner thoughts out, or maybe because he is older than the ESTPs I know/associate/and the other ESTPs in the forum, or he must have simply matured with his age.)

He behaves like a stereotypical ESFP.

Whatever gives the stereotypical ESTP vibe. Aha!!! That's a good example.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

A lot of XSTPs give the appearance of being ESFPs when they are in fun loving moods. Especially ISTPs especially when they open up. They go crazy. When they are (ISTPs) let their defenses down they act like clowns. And then they go back to their heads again and forget about you.
    Yeah, I can imagine. I have a feeling though that a lot of the wannabe-ESFPs I've met in recent years are ESFJs, as well.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING