• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs are actually rare?

Sunny Ghost

I've known 6 ESTP's... though one's a bit debatable as an ESFP (the female). And I've known about 5 ISTP's. Two of which are females.

In comparison, I know like a gazillion ENFP's.
I also know like a gazillion ISFP's, somehow.

But I do still think INFP, INFJ and ENFJ are less common. But this is just from what I've seen and known around me.

I honestly don't know how those statistics could ever be right, considering some areas have larger influxes of certain types than other areas, and then of course considering that not everyone has been typecasted.

KDude

The thread title reminds of a line by Ash in Army of Darkness..

Arthur: Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?
Ash: Nope. Just me baby... Just me.

Little_Sticks

Eh, I don't trust statistics. They are always relative to whatever bias is assumed to represent the whole of a population and usually the real world isn't even that simple to begin with.

But it wouldn't surprise me. They can come off as NTs when we take the types superficially and stereo-typically.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
my 6 year old cousin is XSTP most likely ESTP I think. He can't get away from my PS3.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
O no they're not. I meet WAAAY too many dickish ESTPs online. :p They are about as rare as ENTPs I think which is not very common but still not a great rarity. Most ESTPs just don't get into MBTI though so they are more rare on forums.
and [MENTION=7785]Little_Sticks[/MENTION] I agree that they are often mistyped.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tumblr_lyb88erFj21r3k73wo1_500.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know quite a bit of ESTPs. I dont actually spend the time to calculate the actual percentage. As there are 16 types, its easy to be able to determine that compared to "ALL" other types, ESTP is a minority, just like every other type.

reminds me of an accident I got into

Other: why were you driving so fast, it looks like you were going 60
Me: When you are looking out your window and see a car coming straight at you, its gonna seem extremely fast as you are standing still.
Other: oh

obviously I didnt slam into the person...I was going 5 over(35) and had enough time to respond, turn my wheel and clip the back end of there car which did nothing but spin there car sideways and pull the front part of my fender away from the car(didnt even rip it off). If I was going 60, I would have spun that car in circles a whole lot more, ripped my fender off, and did a whole lot more damage. Scary as I was actually headed straight at the backseat which had a little girl. Then I get the call from there insurance...

Me: "I had a green light and I was going straight through the intersection"
Insurance: "they are claiming they had a green arrow, so its just your word against theres"
Me: "thats the best thing I heard all day...that intersection has no arrows"

ok...sidetracked thought is over...back to the topic at hand :D

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was identifying two ESTPs I know to a friend. I think they're awesome. They both have the ability to make anyone feel like a part of their group. :hug:

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
I've only encountered one ESFP and like Riva said he was scary. That isn't true. I was never at ease around him. But I'm not supposed to be. Wasn't a huge fan of his morality. I worked with him and he had a tendancy to tell customers things that were probably better left unsaid about his life.

I hope some day I can meet a more well adjusted ESFP and enjoy their company.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I get turned on when ESTPs are all efficient n' stuff.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Upon a nightowl googling marathon (we all have them, don't judge), I found out that ESTPs make up only 4.3% of the whole population.

And it turns out that the OMFGIMUNIQUE types (INFP and ENFP) are actually more common. :yay:

ISTPs are pretty uncommon as well - only 5.3% or so.

So, does this strike you as a surprise? Do you feel like xSTPs are uncommon. LIKE BEING SPECIAL*??

* = SPECIAL. Not "...."special"..."

how is that uncommon if there are 16 types (and therefore on average each should be about 6%?). it's just not statistically significant, really....:dry:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I meet more ENFP's/ESFJ's in service industry than anything. At least I work with a ton of them.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
how is that uncommon if there are 16 types (and therefore on average each should be about 6%?). it's just not statistically significant, really....:dry:

I have to agree with the premise above, as I have seen a fair deal of variation of "MBTI type distribution percentages across "X" Large Population"

If the entire human race were correctly evaluated and "MBTI-typed" then you might come up with a viable proportion for each MBTI type.

But, of course, if you type every nation independently there is bound to be some variance for a multitude of reasons.

I don't know what the actual % of the U.S. population is type ESTP, but I have not met many in my life over the past 3 years or so that I've paid attention to MBTI/personality theory in general.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I know quite a bit of ESTPs they are one of the most obvious types along with ESTJS. It's hard to tell the difference between ESFPs and ESTPS sometimes they act quite similar.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
if socionics has anything to say about myers briggs, its that a good portion of those estp's are probably mistyped as introverts.