User Tag List

12 Last

Default ISTP/ISFP......Conflict.

Welll reading definitons, it says ISTP's don't mind conflicts while ISFP's avoid it.

Can you give me exams of 'not minding' conflicts?

Not minding conflicts is where you don't mind upsetting the relationship for the sake of something. Remember when Michael Westen changed the flight details he gave to Gilroy for Sam? That is avoiding conflicts.

thats avoiding conflict or not minding it?

Avoiding. And not minding it. Real life is tricky.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well, I work closely with an ISFP. When we are working together it's pretty seamless. But often we work opposite shifts where we rely on the other. We are very similar but we handle "conflict" differently and if we do have conflict it gets exacerbated because of the different ways we handle things. She is very passive aggressive when upset. IMO, she gets upset over some small stuff. I'm definitely not afraid to go in, discuss the issue, fix it and move on. She is uncomfortable with this and I can see that when I do it. She takes it as an attack. But I take her passive aggressive tit-for-tat mentality as a waste of time and needless drama. We ebb and flow.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

Alot of "F" types not just ISFPs but even ESFJs take confrontation as an issue for some reason, when it is actually more destructive in long run.

MBTI
    INTJ

ISTPs don't take conflict personally
    ISFPs don't like to deal wtih conflicts of their Fi values. Depends on what it is.
    FJs may take conflicts personally or as a sign of problems in the relationship

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    She is very passive aggressive when upset. IMO, she gets upset over some small stuff. I'm definitely not afraid to go in, discuss the issue, fix it and move on. She is uncomfortable with this and I can see that when I do it. She takes it as an attack. But I take her passive aggressive tit-for-tat mentality as a waste of time and needless drama.
    This is exactly my experience as well. I think I'm being impersonal and attacking the issue, but the ISFP takes it as an attack on their value as a human being and starts to passive-aggressively snipe at me (mostly on unrelated, personal issues.) Sometimes the ISFP is so passive at first that I don't notice that anything emotional has transpired at all, but then a little later everything starts to seep out.

I don't take it as well as you, though. It makes me irritable and I feel like strangling them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

I think there are sometimes I dislike conflict. When it hits an aspect of self-efficacy, when I see it as back handed, how I see it affecting my relationship with the person. I'm not bad with conflict though, probably been passive aggressive once or twice, truth be known, but I usually am straight forward. I dislike it when conflicts are murky, are we conflicting, yes or no?

I think I got much better with conflicts as I got older. But I am very on or off when it comes to conflicts.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't enjoy it, but if that's the way it has to be, I am willing. It would be nice if two people could just get along, but I haven't seen it happen yet.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype