• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] why ESTP is rarely present, or even talked?

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
just wondering..
why it seems that ESTP are 'rarely' around in any board/forum?
also, it just occurs to me that even ESTP are one of those Types rarely-talked.
the other 'rarity' one is ISFP.

I need to know more about them..like what's their value? philosophy of life? what's their usual career-choices? what's their interests? what kind of things that will quickly catch their eyes or ears (attention) ?
things like that.

so if any of you are here, please stand up, and voice ur opinions! :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think they are so busy with their real lifes that they do not have time for online life. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
just wondering..
why it seems that ESTP are 'rarely' around in any board/forum?
also, it just occurs to me that even ESTP are one of those Types rarely-talked.
the other 'rarity' one is ISFP.

I need to know more about them..like what's their value? philosophy of life? what's their usual career-choices? what's their interests? what kind of things that will quickly catch their eyes or ears (attention) ?
things like that.

so if any of you are here, please stand up, and voice ur opinions! :)
S types are more "realistic", i.e., they live in the real here and now world. Computers and writing and reading are sort of "non-realistic" components of life. Touching things, using things, experiencing life is more "realistic". Of course that's a generalization and stereotype which won't suit everyone perfectly, as the quote from Jung in my signature indicates.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with the "busy with real life thing."

We have a few ISTPs here; but even then, they tend to not over-indulge in posting and are out doing things. ESTPs definitely would rather be "doing" something and not just talking about it. They're also not very much into the esoteric or abstract, it seems like a timesink as best and completely useless at worst -- they want to make things happen, especially in real-time, where it's like a game and they can adjust to things as they happen.

Online forums with built-in delays between interactions and a need to articulate one's ideas rather than just acting directly upon the situation don't play into their natural strengths and interests.

Best guess, anyhoo.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
SP's might be into playing games online but not necessarily not so interested in online conversations because they have a real life! :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP's might be into playing games online but not necessarily not so interested in online conversations because they have a real life! :laugh:

Even the one I know who plays WoW hates RP'ing -- he's always trying to level and quest and organize groups to do something. Even in the virtual world, it's all about achievement and "doing."

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I would find it surprising to see extraverted types on forums, but the ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ and ENFJ to some extent, are not going to be on the boards or forums. This is why I was so adamant that Whatever was not ESTP. As Alcearos alluded to they are generally out in real life and are not going to deliver over 4,000 post. Geez, I have been on the boards for seven years and don’t have that type of number accumulatively. Anyway back to your thoughts Niki, my thread on Improvisers-SPs may give you a general idea of our values collectively. I think that ESPs are the consummate Improvisers. I also posted in the SP under stress thread and alluded to a site that gave excellent information on all types. The site hasNewsletters that you can filter through. There is one particular part of the site that gives facts about each type. Interestingly it says that the ESTP:
Among the highest in college retention.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Playing sports."
• Academic subjects preferred: history, math, practical skills.
• 3 top desirable work characteristics favored in national sample: "Variety of tasks," "Independence & achievement," and "Clear structure."
• In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions," "Opportunity to contribute to society," and "Amount of stress" in their work.
• In national sample, among top 4 types valuing "Prestige."
• Ranked 15th out of 16 types on using spiritual/philosophical coping resources and 16th out of 16 types on using cognitive coping resources.
• Ranked highest in "positive affectivity."
• In national sample, ranked 4th highest in satisfaction with "Marriage/intimate relationship."
Finally, I still think that the bestfittype.com site and Berens/Nardi’s booklets has helped me confirm my type more than anything I have read over the past seven years. I see a totally different ESTP than the stereotypical party animal alluded to on these sites. The ESTP and ENTJ strong resemblance makes me appreciate their seriousness. Even when you consider how they are on a Team, you cannot discount that these folks can appear quite serious. In the end, ESTPs are Doers and realists in the best since of the words. Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Very accurate. And this comes from someone who knows many ESTPs.

heart

heart on fire
Probably because they actually have lives. ;)

But we do have Jesus here.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
... but rarely. Which essentially proves the point that ESTPs have lives.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
This thread is a good place to post this:

Dave's scores on the main set of questions:

Extraversion (E): 47 16 : (I) Introversion
Sensing (S): 47 19 : (N) iNtuition
Thinking (T): 61 40 : (F) Feeling
Judging (J): 10 53 : (P) Perceiving

You scored as an ESTP.

Assuming that you are an ESTP,
Your DOMINANT function is Extraverted Sensing.
Your AUXILIARY function is Introverted Thinking.
Your TERTIARY function is Extraverted Feeling.
Your INFERIOR function is Introverted Intuition.

Please bear in mind that the supplementary questions are experimental and may be highly unreliable. If these scores conflict with your previous scores, it is probably because the questions are still not reliable enough.

Dave's scores on the supplementary questions:

Extraverted Thinking / Introverted Feeling : 31
Extraverted Feeling / Introverted Thinking : 42

Extraverted Intuition / Introverted Sensing : 40
Extraverted Sensing / Introverted Intuition : 8

Rationality (Dominant Judging Function) : 10
A-rationality (Dominant Perceiving Function) : 36

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably because they actually have lives. ;)

But we do have Jesus here.

Yeah, you have me :cheese:

But on the other hand I also have a life. A busy damn life. But I find MBTIc to be somewhat of a tool for me. It improves my ability to understand and work people to get where I want. And there's a bunch of nice people here, like you, Heart :)

And on the other hand, computers/communication is a strong interest.
Also, I need my fair share of agitation and irritation, and some dear NT's on here fill that role :steam::blush::D

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
I would find it surprising to see extraverted types on forums, but the ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ and ENFJ to some extent, are not going to be on the boards or forums.
My ENFJ husband does spend a little bit of time on forums (he even moderates one), but they are all thoroughly practical-themed ones: guitars, music and musicians, and music gear (notice a trend :rolleyes: ?) You would never find him on MBTIc discussing esoteric stuff like Jungian typology: not hands-on enough for him. Every once in a while he'll ask me a question about it, but that's the extent of his interest.

ChazzMichaels

MBTI Type
ISFP
The Invisible ISFP.

I have noticed a lack of information on ISFPs and a lack of their presence on MBTI Central. I myself have not been on for about 3 months! Although I have been a member since November I have a total of 10 posts so far. I think some of this is due to the fact that my fiancee OctaviaCaesar is on every other day and I look over her shoulder but, it is true that I would rather be out doing something than spending time online.;) So... yeah. See you in a couple months!:alttongue:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Awwww Chaz, we wanna see you ice skate!

The one and only suspected ISFP I know is not very prone to small talk and is a little shy about throwing random bits and piece out there. Plus, yeah, he'd rather be doing something else.

alicia91

Interesting. I'm an ISFP but I do like small-talk, but I'm also quite reserved IRL, so being able to chat online is more comfortable for me. But I still want to keep it fairly light even online, I tend to talk about more serious subjects only with people I know and trust. I also tend to pop in and out and spend only a few minutes here and there because I visit message boards as a 'filler' to what I'm doing, so if the post takes more than a couple of minutes to write I probably won't.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Judging by this lot, my ESTP is broken. Can someone let me know the returns department number so I can sort out getting her changed for the one that works.

Practical :rofl1:
Like ENTJs :rofl1:

Yeah umm mine is ummm different to that description.. just on two points though (based on that list).

Oh and, if mine is right on this, top of the pile for ESTP interests should be making lists and retelling them to other people. Trust me, even sharp disapproval and some vicious comments won't stop that habit!!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I agree with most posters on ESTP wanting a more immediate environment and being more interested in real life, almost exclusively. No need to bash ourselves, tho - we DO have lives - we just enjoy living AND discussing about it, too ;)

arborvitae

MBTI Type
ISFP
I have noticed a lack of information on ISFPs and a lack of their presence on MBTI Central. I myself have not been on for about 3 months! Although I have been a member since November I have a total of 10 posts so far. I think some of this is due to the fact that my fiancee OctaviaCaesar is on every other day and I look over her shoulder but, it is true that I would rather be out doing something than spending time online.;) So... yeah. See you in a couple months!:alttongue:

Poor misunderstood ISFPs :( We can make an ISFP Central. It will have all of four members.