User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default why ESTP is rarely present, or even talked?

just wondering..
    why it seems that ESTP are 'rarely' around in any board/forum?
    also, it just occurs to me that even ESTP are one of those Types rarely-talked.
    the other 'rarity' one is ISFP.

I need to know more about them..like what's their value? philosophy of life? what's their usual career-choices? what's their interests? what kind of things that will quickly catch their eyes or ears (attention) ?
    things like that.

so if any of you are here, please stand up, and voice ur opinions!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think they are so busy with their real lifes that they do not have time for online life.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I think they are so busy with their real lifes that they do not have time for online life.
    LOL.
    you might be right!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    just wondering..
    why it seems that ESTP are 'rarely' around in any board/forum?
    also, it just occurs to me that even ESTP are one of those Types rarely-talked.
    the other 'rarity' one is ISFP.

I need to know more about them..like what's their value? philosophy of life? what's their usual career-choices? what's their interests? what kind of things that will quickly catch their eyes or ears (attention) ?
    things like that.

so if any of you are here, please stand up, and voice ur opinions!
    S types are more "realistic", i.e., they live in the real here and now world. Computers and writing and reading are sort of "non-realistic" components of life. Touching things, using things, experiencing life is more "realistic". Of course that's a generalization and stereotype which won't suit everyone perfectly, as the quote from Jung in my signature indicates.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree with the "busy with real life thing."

We have a few ISTPs here; but even then, they tend to not over-indulge in posting and are out doing things. ESTPs definitely would rather be "doing" something and not just talking about it. They're also not very much into the esoteric or abstract, it seems like a timesink as best and completely useless at worst -- they want to make things happen, especially in real-time, where it's like a game and they can adjust to things as they happen.

Online forums with built-in delays between interactions and a need to articulate one's ideas rather than just acting directly upon the situation don't play into their natural strengths and interests.

Best guess, anyhoo.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

SP's might be into playing games online but not necessarily not so interested in online conversations because they have a real life!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    SP's might be into playing games online but not necessarily not so interested in online conversations because they have a real life!
    Even the one I know who plays WoW hates RP'ing -- he's always trying to level and quest and organize groups to do something. Even in the virtual world, it's all about achievement and "doing."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TiSe

I would find it surprising to see extraverted types on forums, but the ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ and ENFJ to some extent, are not going to be on the boards or forums. This is why I was so adamant that Whatever was not ESTP. As Alcearos alluded to they are generally out in real life and are not going to deliver over 4,000 post. Geez, I have been on the boards for seven years and don’t have that type of number accumulatively. Anyway back to your thoughts Niki, my thread on Improvisers-SPs may give you a general idea of our values collectively. I think that ESPs are the consummate Improvisers. I also posted in the SP under stress thread and alluded to a site that gave excellent information on all types. The site hasNewsletters that you can filter through. There is one particular part of the site that gives facts about each type. Interestingly it says that the ESTP:
    Among the highest in college retention.
    • In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Playing sports."
    • Academic subjects preferred: history, math, practical skills.
    • 3 top desirable work characteristics favored in national sample: "Variety of tasks," "Independence & achievement," and "Clear structure."
    • In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions," "Opportunity to contribute to society," and "Amount of stress" in their work.
    • In national sample, among top 4 types valuing "Prestige."
    • Ranked 15th out of 16 types on using spiritual/philosophical coping resources and 16th out of 16 types on using cognitive coping resources.
    • Ranked highest in "positive affectivity."
    • In national sample, ranked 4th highest in satisfaction with "Marriage/intimate relationship."
    Finally, I still think that the bestfittype.com site and Berens/Nardi’s booklets has helped me confirm my type more than anything I have read over the past seven years. I see a totally different ESTP than the stereotypical party animal alluded to on these sites. The ESTP and ENTJ strong resemblance makes me appreciate their seriousness. Even when you consider how they are on a Team, you cannot discount that these folks can appear quite serious. In the end, ESTPs are Doers and realists in the best since of the words. Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps.

MBTI
    xNTP

Very accurate. And this comes from someone who knows many ESTPs.

heart on fire

Probably because they actually have lives.

But we do have Jesus here.