First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Well, mind you, when you say that, I do have to wonder if your mis-typing people, or at least not really looking. We live in an extraverted thinking culture, and the maximum pressure is on men to conform to that.
    Well my prima facie evidence of this apparent phenomena is my own father. He's definitely an ENTJ but he's not arsy to people at all. He's blunt and can lop your head off if you keep stepping out of line but generally he'll try and get people working together amicably. Firstly it's logical as the group will run better and need less direction and secondly because the people are part of the plan anyhow. He doesn't plan some scheme and then try to bend everyone to it, he plans counting on how they are. This small minded planning does not sound at all ENTJ to me. In fact such focus sounds more ESTJ to me. Those I work with are ESTJ and they very often don't include the human factor in plans.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Well my prima facie evidence of this apparent phenomena is my own father. He's definitely an ENTJ but he's not arsy to people at all. He's blunt and can lop your head off if you keep stepping out of line but generally he'll try and get people working together amicably. Firstly it's logical as the group will run better and need less direction and secondly because the people are part of the plan anyhow. He doesn't plan some scheme and then try to bend everyone to it, he plans counting on how they are. This small minded planning does not sound at all ENTJ to me. In fact such focus sounds more ESTJ to me. Those I work with are ESTJ and they very often don't include the human factor in plans.
    I meant the 'all male ENTJS' part.

MBTI
    TiSe

I have come to a conclusion that this is the most misunderstood type. ESTPs that I have conversed with either deplore people or find their feelings about them ambivalent. True, they may prefer to work through people however most descriptions show that they can equally work autonomously. In simple terms they are action-oriented "Doers".