• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] why ESTP is rarely present, or even talked?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTPs are evil. they're everywhere, stabbing you in the back.

We're just about the least backstabby guys out there, actually. I've always been more of an obvious attack tank-dude. Or maybe a grenade launcher dude.
Knives don't appeal to me very much, and swording somebody who doesn't have one himself isn't much fun ;)

Arilee

MBTI Type
ESTP
Judging by this lot, my ESTP is broken. Can someone let me know the returns department number so I can sort out getting her changed for the one that works.

:steam:

Practical :rofl1:
Like ENTJs :rofl1:

Yeah umm mine is ummm different to that description.. just on two points though (based on that list).

I can do practical... ... ish:devil:

the ENTJ thing - I agree.. I don't get why people think ESTP's are like ENTJ's.

I don't frequent the forums much. I lurk lots though.... I only tend to post on topics that I have a specific interest in. even then I don't post that often.

I guess the comments about having a "real" life ring true a bit as well. I tend to be busy so when I get time to relex I tend to want to spend it curled up watching something random on tele, not always on the internet.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
My best ESTP friend spends his time playing (mainly sports) video games and on sports forums. He has little to no interest in this personality stuff I talk to him about.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
We're just about the least backstabby guys out there, actually. I've always been more of an obvious attack tank-dude. Or maybe a grenade launcher dude.
Knives don't appeal to me very much, and swording somebody who doesn't have one himself isn't much fun ;)

Absolutely. More of a freight train than a sport bike.

The ESTPs I know are loud, brash and have big, although often misguided, hearts.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Those would be ENTJs.
You must know a real ass of an ENTJ. The one's I know couldn't be bothered to stab people up. If you get in the way then you may get some blunt trauma but other than getting caught up in one of their stampedes they see little reason to face off against people or run campaigns of handbags at dawn.... Mind you they are all male ENTJs.... :thinking:

am_i_evil666

I couldn't help notice that the SJ Rationale and SP Arthouse have the smallest amount of threads/replies.
ENTJ's too are evil.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Am_I_Evil666", why are you calling everyone of specific types evil? Just curious. I think it's outright dumb, and you will recieve the first negative rep i've ever given to anyone around here. :D

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
You must know a real ass of an ENTJ. The one's I know couldn't be bothered to stab people up. If you get in the way then you may get some blunt trauma but other than getting caught up in one of their stampedes they see little reason to face off against people or run campaigns of handbags at dawn.... Mind you they are all male ENTJs.... :thinking:

Well, mind you, when you say that, I do have to wonder if your mis-typing people, or at least not really looking. We live in an extraverted thinking culture, and the maximum pressure is on men to conform to that.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well, mind you, when you say that, I do have to wonder if your mis-typing people, or at least not really looking. We live in an extraverted thinking culture, and the maximum pressure is on men to conform to that.
Well my prima facie evidence of this apparent phenomena is my own father. He's definitely an ENTJ but he's not arsy to people at all. He's blunt and can lop your head off if you keep stepping out of line but generally he'll try and get people working together amicably. Firstly it's logical as the group will run better and need less direction and secondly because the people are part of the plan anyhow. He doesn't plan some scheme and then try to bend everyone to it, he plans counting on how they are. This small minded planning does not sound at all ENTJ to me. In fact such focus sounds more ESTJ to me. Those I work with are ESTJ and they very often don't include the human factor in plans.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well my prima facie evidence of this apparent phenomena is my own father. He's definitely an ENTJ but he's not arsy to people at all. He's blunt and can lop your head off if you keep stepping out of line but generally he'll try and get people working together amicably. Firstly it's logical as the group will run better and need less direction and secondly because the people are part of the plan anyhow. He doesn't plan some scheme and then try to bend everyone to it, he plans counting on how they are. This small minded planning does not sound at all ENTJ to me. In fact such focus sounds more ESTJ to me. Those I work with are ESTJ and they very often don't include the human factor in plans.

I meant the 'all male ENTJS' part.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have come to a conclusion that this is the most misunderstood type. ESTPs that I have conversed with either deplore people or find their feelings about them ambivalent. True, they may prefer to work through people however most descriptions show that they can equally work autonomously. In simple terms they are action-oriented "Doers".