• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I figured perhaps I am more of ISTP. Sure, not too far from my original idea of an INTP, but I think I'm a little too adventurous.

For now anyhow.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's all good; us unsure adventurous people are of an open mind.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well this has surely been a startling revelation.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It might be. I just wanted to match up the results I got for fun. Are you sarcastic? :shock:

If you have to ask then I think it's safe to say you've just inadvertently confirmed the accuracy behind your new type.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
If you have to ask then I think it's safe to say you've just inadvertently confirmed the accuracy behind your new type.

Oh, I just thought it was because I'm an insensitive boyfriend.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I just thought it was because I'm an insensitive boyfriend.

At least you have an excuse now.

I'm glad I could play the role of the mystical, yet senile old wizard who purposefully gives you the vague hints necessary to begin your own journey into uncharted type theory terrain. Now watch as I create some crazy concoction by boiling this toad alive, and as I part the lush trees of the forest using only my staff.

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes, I think I'll go sky dive with a motorcycle while fixing the plane I'm jumping off.

Stu Katz

MBTI Type
'sup
Enneagram
dawg
You seem to think about things a lot. You sure you're ISTP?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
"I'd hope not to bore them with common knowledge that most people hear every day like, "Try your hardest!" or "Get good grades!". Sometimes I find it's best to relate to the person if you can with a story. I feel one mentor doesn't fit every person, but if I had my perfect pupil so to speak, I'd tell them to find your passion in life and once you find it make damn sure you're better than everyone else who calls it their passion as well. Also learn to laugh. "

You're an xxFP.

I'm usually biased towards people being sensors, too, so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
"I'd hope not to bore them with common knowledge that most people hear every day like, "Try your hardest!" or "Get good grades!". Sometimes I find it's best to relate to the person if you can with a story. I feel one mentor doesn't fit every person, but if I had my perfect pupil so to speak, I'd tell them to find your passion in life and once you find it make damn sure you're better than everyone else who calls it their passion as well. Also learn to laugh. "

You're an INTP. The above is so TiNe it hurts.

I'm usually biased towards people being sensors, too, so take that for what it's worth.

Haha. I'm an odd person. I've looked at other INTP personality wise and I can't say that I have the same lack of confidence I sometimes see.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Haha. I'm an odd person. I've looked at other INTP personality wise and I can't say that I have the same lack of confidence I sometimes see.

Confidence doesn't have a perfect correlation with type.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Actually, I was wrong on that one; forgive me. Quick question - where do you get your preference of Ti over Fi from?

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Actually, I was wrong on that one; forgive me. Quick question - where do you get your preference of Ti over Fi from?

Hmm. You mean emotions vs. logic? Well... I'm not really sure honestly!

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Hmm. You mean emotions vs. logic? Well... I'm not really sure honestly!

Haha, hate to break it to ya, but that's a pretty common beginner's mistake. It's not about emotions vs. logic. Nowhere near it. Fi is just as logical as Ti. Ti is just as emotional as Fi. They're just that way in different spheres.

Here's a way to help start you thinking about it: which of the following resonates with you more?

"I shall do this, because it is right."
"I shall do this, because it makes sense."

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Haha, hate to break it to ya, but that's a pretty common beginner's mistake. It's not about emotions vs. logic. Nowhere near it. Fi is just as logical as Ti. Ti is just as emotional as Fi. They're just that way in different spheres.

Here's a way to help start you thinking about it: which of the following resonates with you more?

"I shall do this, because it is right."
"I shall do this, because it makes sense."

Hmm. Give me an example.