User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Question You can't spell 'Stupid' without ISTP!!!

Thought about starting a blog, but what on earth would I write?

Here is this instead....

Of all the ISTP things and habits that you do.... what do you do that you really wish you'd like to be able to change?

If you're like me (and I bet you are) you can try to make things better for navigating the world, but it isn't enough to do everything yourself. Since none of us will listen to other types (admit it you won't do that either) let's try to work together (stop laughing). Others can please pitch in with advice...

Me I can't make plain simple friendships with people I don't really have anything in common with (or who I don't like that much). This leads to not being able to work with anyone else (and vice versa).

Other than that, I can't tell you enough about how much I like acting this way. Everyone should be this proud. Well a little less than me anyway.

Maybe this will help get you started:
    100 Ways To Screw Up Your Life - Dragos Roua

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hmm... for an ESTP example perhaps the ability to concentrate on things would be rather useful... I'm really quite distractable and tend to find EVERYTHING to be fascinating... therefore I leave a trail of half completed tasks in my wake

also, the ability to think before speaking would be very, very useful
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Katz View Post

Me I can't make plain simple friendships with people I don't really have anything in common with (or who I don't like that much). This leads to not being able to work with anyone else (and vice versa).

Other than that, I can't tell you enough about how much I like acting this way. Everyone should be this proud. Well a little less than me anyway.
    ditto!

I would add that I wish I could give a damn about social standing. It would help me out in my job but I'm almost a reverse snob. If I know someone has a lot of money (and acts like it) I immediately decide that they are beneath everyone else. It might further my career if that would impress me but it has the opposite effect.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

It might help you feel better if you weren't so judgemental.

That's not a pun, if you just take people at face value they'll usually respond to the way you demand they treat you.

There's a lot of meaningless 'playing their game' that goes into working people, but that's probably a weakness for you too.

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Hey people!

You can't spell Penis without ESPN!!

Write something!

It doesn't even have to be true, it will be true for somebody!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ime, ISTPs seem to have the power to destroy world, so to speak, but often are confused as to their purpose in life, and what way to use that power in a satisfying and beneficial way. It's only after they discover that they truly enjoy protecting those people who they first considered weaker than themselves and not worthy of their time, and when they take the time to learn to appreciate the gifts those people contribute, that they find a purpose for that power to their own benefit..by benefitting the rest of the world and empowering others.

Aside from that, many ISTPs seem to be what I call 'emotional polutors', often unaware of the way their mood beams off of them and how hard it can impact others, leaving them confused and wondering why everyone runs scared every time they see ISTP, and why the world is so against them to the point where everything is a struggle.

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

My ISTP ex husband was stunningly brilliant. But yeah, he totally did that thing you guys mentioned above, where he only makes friends with people who tend to be into the same interests as him. He also gets really annoyed with stupid people, which is 99.9% of the world, given his in the moment, pragmatic flexibility.

He also kind of did the thing mdp mentioned about not liking someone else just because they showed surface aspects which he found to be ....not different...but rather like they were trying to be different or trying to be something they werent, and they were being exclusive and snooty about it at the same time...I dunno.

Pretty quickly, you learn to deal with the istp being not as sensitive as me and having a callous, yet hysterical sense of humor, and it isnt too hard to mold around them a bit and toughen up. But as Vala noted, when my ISTP was depressed, it was always the hardest, as he just sulked and was be very irritable if anyone around him seemed happy. But he loved us very much and would show so by being very protective and tolerating how annoyingly oblivious me and the enfp son could be.

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Vala, that's an eye-opener that you say their moods affect others. I think a lot of people don't see how that could possibly happen, or do and assume it isn't important to read people that way. This is the kind of response that I hoped would turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Aside from that, many ISTPs seem to be what I call 'emotional polutors', often unaware of the way their mood beams off of them and how hard it can impact others, leaving them confused and wondering why everyone runs scared every time they see ISTP, and why the world is so against them to the point where everything is a struggle.

Is that a ninja? Awesome, I can't stop thinking about NINJAs!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

That site is so mind blowing. I think I'll submit it to NASA for further investigation of which solar system it came from.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Ime, ISTPs seem to have the power to destroy world, so to speak, but often are confused as to their purpose in life, and what way to use that power in a satisfying and beneficial way. It's only after they discover that they truly enjoy protecting those people who they first considered weaker than themselves and not worthy of their time, and when they take the time to learn to appreciate the gifts those people contribute, that they find a purpose for that power to their own benefit..by benefitting the rest of the world and empowering others.

I struggle with this too. My attitude is, what you do doesn't bother or affect me,why should what I do bother you? You do your thing,I'll do mine,so what's the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.