User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are ISFPs "daydreamers"?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ISFPs love to daydream

27 81.82%
  • No, I don't believe ISFPs daydream very much at all, they're more realistic

1 3.03%
  • I'm not sure

5 15.15%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default A question for ISFPs

Are ISFPs "daydreamers"?

ie - spend time fantasizing about the future fulfillment of hopes and wishes

heart on fire

I have an ISFP friend and she daydreams.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I have an ISFP friend and she daydreams.
    Thanks, heart.
    I was wondering if they do because the stereotypical S functions more in the here and now than in the future.

You can vote in the poll if you want to.

heart on fire

I would say that her dreams revolve around home, family and children, Christmas and cookies and such. She's got a real endearing childlike quality while being very motherly at the same time.

She is very creative but she doesn't believe she is. We work great as a team doing something creative because we come at it from different angles. I guess I gushed enough for this thread, but if you would like to know more about how I view my ISFP friend, PM me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I would say that her dreams revolve around home, family and children, Christmas and cookies and such. She's got a real endearing childlike quality while being very motherly at the same time.

She is very creative but she doesn't believe she is. We work great as a team doing something creative because we come at it from different angles. I guess I gushed enough for this thread, but if you would like to know more about how I view my ISFP friend, PM me.
    I had an ISFP female friend. She was really gifted with artsy things. I don't remember of she was a daydreamer or not. She was a wonderful person, highly intelligent. She had a son with many severe allergies, and when she would describe to me the things she was doing to manage his diet, it always made me think she must be a rocket scientist to keep it all straight!

I'm actually planning to use the responses to this poll to help me decide what Jason Castro's type is (the American Idol contestant). I think he's an SP, maybe an ISFP. But one thing he has said about himself is that he likes to daydream about the future. I guess I was wondering if that disqualified him as an ISFP.

MBTI
    INFJ

My ISFP said he was a notorious daydreamer in his household. But then again, his family seems much more on the S side of the spectrum--they are ESTP, ISTJ, ESTJ--and he is more towards the N side.

He has excellent Se, but he often wanders off into happy thoughts of the future, especially when the present is less than pleasant!

heart on fire

I think Fi is where the dreaminess comes from. jmo. The effect of Se instead of Ne would make the content of the daydreams a little different probably but the dreaminess still there.

I tend to daydream about lives I will never have, happening to people I will never know, in situations I have never seen. My friend tends to daydream about her own situation and how it could be improved and her hopes for the future.

MBTI
    infp

I think Fi or maybe Ni (not sure why) would cause day-dreaminess. I say that because my day dreams are Fi driven, not N or S driven, but influenced.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Are ISFPs "daydreamers"?

ie - spend time fantasizing about the future fulfillment of hopes and wishes
    That's not the only definition of daydreaming you have in mind is it?
    we fukin won boys

I'm an ISFP and a major daydreamer! Not sure if it's the ISFP itself or the fact that I've got a significant quantity of N?

The things that I daydream about include; fulfillment of goals and wishes (living on the beach in Florida etc.), imagining myself as someone from the past (such as a historical figure), imagining my kids as adults, there are lots more but those are the most common. Another biggie is when I read a book, I tend to put myself into it.

Two of my good friends are ISFPs but I have no idea if they like to daydream, but going by my preference, I chose the first option.