• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] A question for ISFPs

Are ISFPs "daydreamers"?

• Total voters

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am married to an ISFP. Where do you find the test that you took to determine your type and percentages?

ChazzMichaels

MBTI Type
ISFP
Oh Yeah.

Definitely, I daydream all the time... About winning the lottery, vacations, the future etc. I do however, have a slight S over N preference, which may account for some of that. I am very much an ISFP though. :peepwall: The invisible population.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Like most things in my life, it goes in phases. Sometimes I daydream constantly and other times I go quite awhile without much daydreaming at all. The most common place for me to daydream is at work, because that's where I'm forced into doing things, whereas most of my time away from work, I can choose what I'm doing so I'm always doing rather than dreaming (except, you know, when I actually do dream.) :blush:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Like most things in my life, it goes in phases. Sometimes I daydream constantly and other times I go quite awhile without much daydreaming at all. The most common place for me to daydream is at work, because that's where I'm forced into doing things, whereas most of my time away from work, I can choose what I'm doing so I'm always doing rather than dreaming (except, you know, when I actually do dream.) :blush:
Thanks for your response.
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I was asking because I was trying to confirm whether Jason Castro from American Idol is an ISFP of not.
I'm still thinking he is, at this point.
I started another thread in another part of the forum asking for help on this, but haven't had any responses.
If you're interested, you can take a look:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/5596-jason-castro-s-type.html#post208318

I posted some videos to help people see the more spontaneous responses.
If you have time, I'd appreciate the help.

His mother says Jason has always been very artistic. The dreadlocks are more of an artistic statement than a drug-head one.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, hurry up and ask more questions now.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, hurry up and ask more questions now.
Well, I'd appreciate it if you'd click on the Jason Castro link in my previous post and visit that thread.
If you watch the videos, you can get a good sense of his personality,
and see if you think there's any reason why he's not an ISFP.

And sometimes I think he's a "T" whose been taught very good manners - which he has been.
I think he could be an ISTP.

He's a very "here and now" person, so I'm 95% sure he's an "S".

I think it's most likely he's an ISTP or ISFP.

He's very modest and self-deprecating.
He has a self-image made of kryptonite.
Criticism seems to not hurt his feelings.

alicia91

I didn't see much of American Idol when I was on, but from watching these clips he defiantely seems ISP. Seems kind of shy, a little nervous and has that short,choppy way of talking where the thoughts are a bit disconnected. Or perhaps not disconnected as much as 'not flowing' (I tend to talk like that, especially when nervous or just put on the spot). However, he does seem kind of 'perky.' Don't know if that's the real him, something he does when he's nervous, something he was coached to do........?? The ISTPs that I know are more serious, versus the ISFPs which are more bubbly, but heck I only know about 5 or 6 so that's certainly not enough to make a definitive judgement on.

From what I've seen I can't tell T versus F. Sorry, I'm not helping.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oops, I guess I didn't answer your question about the American Idol dude. Well, he seems pretty intelligent for an aggie, but then again, he's got a mop on his head and he doesn't seem to realize it. I'm going to guess ISTP who has been forced by some college influences to come across a little more F than he usually would. Dr. Jeffster has spoken. :glasses:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oops, I guess I didn't answer your question about the American Idol dude. Well, he seems pretty intelligent for an aggie, but then again, he's got a mop on his head and he doesn't seem to realize it. I'm going to guess ISTP who has been forced by some college influences to come across a little more F than he usually would. Dr. Jeffster has spoken. :glasses:
Thanks for your input.
The one thing that makes me think he's an F is that on the day he waited to find out if he was in the Top 24, he spent something like 4 hours waiting in a room with everyone else. All that time, people came back announcing either that they had made it or that they were going home.
Jason describes that day as "emotionally draining".
I wonder if an ISTP would get emotionally drained?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think anybody can get emotionally drained. Just because someone is T oriented doesn't mean they don't have emotions, or feel the draining of those emotions. If anything, it might be worse for Ts because they want things to be logical and so often they aren't. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think anybody can get emotionally drained. Just because someone is T oriented doesn't mean they don't have emotions, or feel the draining of those emotions. If anything, it might be worse for Ts because they want things to be logical and so often they aren't. ;)
Maybe I'm not normal, but I don't know what "emotionally drained" feels like.
I have never described myself as "emotionally drained".
I have been "exhausted" before.
I have been "burned out" before.
But my emotions don't play a part in that.

Maybe an "S" experiences their feelings differently than an "N".
I had an ISFP friend, and an ISFJ friend for that matter - both females - who would manifest their feelings into their body, i.e. bad feelings would become a physical malady, an ache, a pain, a sickness. I never do that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe an "S" experiences their feelings differently than an "N".
I had an ISFP friend, and an ISFJ friend for that matter - both females - who would manifest their feelings into their body, i.e. bad feelings would become a physical malady, an ache, a pain, a sickness. I never do that.

Hmmm, I thought everybody did that. At least a little. I guess that's what this place is here for. Learn something new every day. :party2:

alicia91

I wonder if an ISTP would get emotionally drained?

I would think so. I certainly get emotionally drained, but of course, I'm always flip-flopping between F and T so don't take my word for it. My husband is ENTJ and gets emotionally drained very easily. It's so hard for him to deal with the emotional aspects of life that it sucks a lot out of him. My daughter who is F is better at dealing with these things and it takes a lot more for her to feel the effects.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If so, more evidence that I am one.
I wouldn't take it as evidence of a particular type.
In my opinion, different people have different definitions of what "daydreaming" is.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I think Fi is where the dreaminess comes from. jmo. The effect of Se instead of Ne would make the content of the daydreams a little different probably but the dreaminess still there.

I tend to daydream about lives I will never have, happening to people I will never know, in situations I have never seen. My friend tends to daydream about her own situation and how it could be improved and her hopes for the future.
I was going to raise the Se/Ne difference. I think that INPs in general may look for possiblities and may never act if they do not rise to the INPs expectations. The Se as it develops will make ISPs do something.

In the end both IFPs daydream as do other introverts, but like INJs and ISTs, ISFPs may feel compelled to do something or at least become realistic for what it's worth.