• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] are sensors messy? How do I know if I'm "s"?

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some folks in the video challenge thread called me ISTP. I am not shocked, but sort of secretly know I'm "N" or I tested "N". Otherwise, I've always considered myself "N" for 20 years. I think if people got to know me, then I'd be "N".

However, I wonder, are ISTPs extremely messy? I had imagined that they are not. I'm very messy, and sometimes not interested in the external world at all.

:shrug:

By the nature of my work, I'm steered to us "sensing". I mean I think everyone uses it. Nobody could operate a car if they did not.

Perhaps my sensing is full developed, and so is "N".

Also, I invite watching the video to see. (Before I delete it in a depressive episode.)

I guess I'm posting here instead of "what type" since I want to invited the help of sensors.

A

Anew Leaf

In my painting classes I left covered in paint. In my pottery classes I left covered in clay. In my drawing classes I left covered in charcoal. In my metal sculpture classes I left covered in burns.

If this sounds like you, press 1.

Last edited:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
No, I'm not really messy at all.

Edit: I just watched one of your videos and can say with some confidence that you neither look nor seem ISTP. I think, at the very least, that you're an F of some sort.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ Orangey, IxFP yeah.

Well, my ISTP stepbrother is incredibly messy, but he's just one person. Not sure how much indicator that is.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'am among the messyest person I know.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
In my painting classes I left covered in paint. In my potty classes I left covered in clay. In my drawing classes I left covered in charcoal. In my metal sculpture classes I left covered in burns.

If this sounds like you, press 1.

Oh, yes. I'd press one. I like to take pottery class :( None where I am.

Can't really paint without getting paint on me. That applies both to house painting and picture painting.

Of course, it seems that I'm getting mixed feedback on messiness.

----

What ABOUT depression?

Now there is NOTHING wrong with being ISTP. It sounds positive. However, do words or events make you make you feel morose?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL....why on earth would S mean not-messy? I wish it did, truly.

Both my ISFP boyfriend and myself are cluttery in different ways (him with dishes, me with a spreading mass of "things I'm using/was using"), although of course it depends on your definition of messy. We don't have clean tables, and often have junk on chairs and/or the bed, but it's not extreme or anything. Everything can be cleaned up in about 10 minutes (and sometimes is). If we haven't cleaned for a while it can build up to pretty bad levels, though. We do both dislike having messes around, although we're not very active about preventing/cleaning them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always think of J and P when I think of the messiness spectrum.... (Doing work and things ahead of time or waiting until it needs to be done... And frankly, there is rarely a true need to clean.) I could be wrong, of course.

Stu Katz

MBTI Type
'sup
Enneagram
dawg
If I work, it's like a bomb went off where I am. If not working, everything is really neat. It actually annoys even myself. I need someone very different from myself for a mate, if even because I'm a bit tiring to live with and have to be bossy all the time. That annoys me too! Sorry everyone! I do love you all!! :)

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah I think it may be a "p" thing. My house is generally clean because I prefer it looking nice and orderly..... However, if it's a busy week then my house slowly descends into chaos until I look around and scream. I live alone with a pet bunny.... How do these messes occur!?! My guess: elves.

I also think my natural state is just a pinch of chaos with artistic piles everywhere...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yeah... messiness is generally a J/P thing, as everyone has said... although it really depends on the person. I think the difference could be when J's are messy, they have a general place for things, while when P's are messy, it isn't as organized. Maybe not, idk.

I'm probably an SJ, but my room looks like a tornado just hit it. I also have an SJ older brother, and while he is definitely more orderly than me, he can definitely be quite messy.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, even the J/P connection is questionable, really. I mean, there might be a trend, especially with SJ, but it's not even close to definitive.

T

ThatGirl

Everyone thinks I am an S so fuck it. Usually the only thing that is a mess is my car, partly because the only time I notice it is when I am driving.

If my house is a mess it is usually because I am massively out of sorts or depressed.....or tk hit it in 5 seconds flat.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I posted this in the "let us type you by your apartment thread", but I can't seem to find that. These are older photos, but my room looks very similar. It's a highly ordered system, just not conventional.

bedroom
SDC10694.jpg

kitchen
SDC10698.jpg

bathroom (library)
SDC10772.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
definitely more cluttered than I would prefer for my living space....although again, I don't know if that's necessarily type related, let alone purely S-N.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It's a highly ordered system, just not conventional.

See... now I'm wondering if it's a J trait. Are messy P's still orderly in the sense that everything has it's place? Or when P's are messy are things just randomly strewn about? Also I have the same questions with J's. Hm....

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I can't have my living space that cluttered. It gives me anxiety (and I'm not typically very anxious.)