User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well now what's supposed to happen? A bunch of SP's actually answering the question? "Ah, yes. We are either brilliant or idiots. Fantastic observation. You really understand us on a deeper level. Let's discuss."

That's brilliant!
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post

That's brilliant!
    Yes, SnS slips into the brilliant SP category.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yes, SnS slips into the brilliant SP category.
    It's an acute observation.
    4w5

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

My ISTP brother is very, very brilliant when it comes to math. As a kid he was like this child math prodigy. But other subjects... Most notably writing, he is very bad at. He has the vocabulary of a 12 year old and I had to HEAVILY edit his college and grad school entrance essays to keep him from sounding like he had Down's syndrome. Sometimes his 'common' sense is a little bit questionable. But he constantly astounds people at his work and such with his ability to do complicated math in his head. And he's surrounded by other accountants who should be mathematically gifted themselves.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    SP's generally don't feel the need to prove their intellect to others. We don't often engage in debates or other areas that push intellectualism into public view. Their intelligence isn't always easy to see because SP's generally don't talk about what they know. Believe me, you say something incorrect in front of any SP I know, you'll get a correction but you're not going to get a lot of back-story explanations. So you won't see their thought process.
    so what you're saying is that their intelligence is not discernable verbally so they can be perceived as stupid if it doesn't show itself in another way. that makes sense.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

Intelligence is a tricky word to use in any situation. What does it actually mean to say someone is intelligent? Or not intelligent? what constitutes the measured intelligence? Is this able to be measured by objective or subjective means, etc.

The MBTI is simply a tool that we can use to learn more about ourselves or others. It's a profile on our general tendencies and preferences. That has little to nothing to do with intelligence as a whole.

All types have their gifts to share with each other because the world needs more than one type to go around. if the world was all NFs it would be all cuddles and rainbows for about 5 minutes and then some kind of emo meltdown would occur. (they would be an EPIC 5 minutes....)

I have four friends. One is an NF, one is an NT, one is an SJ, and one is an SP.

The NF is a super empath and always has a shoulder available for someone to cry on like she's the empath's answer to shiva. However, she is a giant flake who asks me questions like "yay! I downloaded a new game to my iPad.....wait! It disappeared!, where did it go!??!" answer: scroll the screen over.

The NT is a genius when it comes to computer science. However, he cant type a paper that made sense if it would save his life. He changes tense mid way through a sentence.

The SJ is an incredible teacher who's students adore her. However, her frequent inability to see the forest for the trees creates tension with her friends and coworkers because she bogs down into detail land.

The SP is the best painter I have ever met. He watched the tv show lost with me because he thought it was entertaining. He spent exactly 0 minutes logged onto www.the fuselage.com chatting about convoluted theories.

I guess my rambling point is that it is easy to want to shove mbti into everything like it's sugar, but it doesn't work that way. I did that myself many years ago and it didn't make me happier or really even happy period. I started viewing people based on whatever type I thought they were instead of along the lines of hey, this person is nice to me and others and I enjoy time spent with them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    SP's generally don't feel the need to prove their intellect to others. We don't often engage in debates or other areas that push intellectualism into public view. Their intelligence isn't always easy to see because SP's generally don't talk about what they know. Believe me, you say something incorrect in front of any SP I know, you'll get a correction but you're not going to get a lot of back-story explanations. So you won't see their thought process.
    They do what they know, which is more telling.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    so what you're saying is that their intelligence is not discernable verbally so they can be perceived as stupid if it doesn't show itself in another way. that makes sense.
    I don't think this is true. Perhaps for some people (not even necessarily SPs), but not all or even most.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't think this is true. Perhaps for some people (not even necessarily SPs), but not all or even most.
    ^ +1

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

I guess my rambling point is that it is easy to want to shove mbti into everything like it's sugar, but it doesn't work that way. I did that myself many years ago and it didn't make me happier or really even happy period. I started viewing people based on whatever type I thought they were instead of along the lines of hey, this person is nice to me and others and I enjoy time spent with them.
    Words of wisdom indeed.
    4w5