User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Pessimistic ESFP???

I have a friend who is an ESFP. Very Fi and Se. Little to no trace of Fe and Si. The thing is, she's a major worry wort. Everything little thing makes her panic and launch into histronics. She can be really fun and light-hearted too once you redirect her focus, but her mind constantly goes back to the negative. I have never known ESFPs to be this way though. I thought they were supposed to be laid-back and carefree-ish. Is she just unhealthy?

I have tried everything I can to help her be more positive and relaxed but that usually only lasts for a few minutes. Any advice?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

edit - crap sorry!! i just noticed this was in the arthouse, not the general area! apologies for usurping thread. :blushing:

unhealthy enneagram 6w7?

an ESFP friend of mine gets really worked up sometimes - she's a little panicky, especially in regards to relationships - but she's pretty chill overall.

anyway. do you have any idea if she has an anxiety disorder? that might be part of the problem. it doesn't sound like she's particularly healthy. do you know if she's been like this for a long time? if there's something that's bothering her recently?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thanks, skylights. I have thought before that she might suffer from panic attacks. Maybe it's anxiety disorder like you said. I don't know much about that disorder, I'll have to read up on it. I've known her for 7 years and she's always been this way without breaks.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I don't see why some types would be less pessimistic than others.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Why do you think she's ESFP then? Why couldn't she be ESFJ?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I don't see why some types would be less pessimistic than others.
    I guess you're right. I know ESFPs get down sometimes, but I never knew them to have difficulty getting out of a funk.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Why do you think she's ESFP then? Why couldn't she be ESFJ?
    I thought about that ...but she has so much Fi and Se, and I hardly ever see Fe and Si. And when I think about J traits and P traits, she has more P traits. She took the official MBTI test once, and I was eager to see her results, but she never followed through to get the results.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I thought about that ...but she has so much Fi and Se, and I hardly ever see Fe and Si. And when I think about J traits and P traits, she has more P traits. She took the official MBTI test once, and I was eager to see her results, but she never followed through to get the results.
    How do you see "Fi" and "Se"?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

In my friend, she has tons and tons of feelings, and they all seem derived internally, and she doesn't pay much attention to what's going with others Feelings, or think about how her feelings compare to others or effect others. She seems Se because she very much so lives in the moment. She doesn't think of past or future. She seems most attracted to things she can experience with her 5 senses, and anything ethereal or imaginative completely escapes her.

This is just my description of how I see my friend use Fi and Se. I don't see all Fi-Se users in this way. There is a scale or range to its use and depends on the user, and there are other parts to Fi and Se that i haven't described here, as well. I'm certainly not an expert on it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I can tell you exactly why this would happen, as I see it in myself. (Especially when I was younger and less able to deal with things.)

Being stuck in the moment has it's major flaws. First of all, in moments that are not the most thrilling and happy, the moment is all that you really have. And sometimes it really, really feels like nothing will ever be. Except for this moment. Sometimes the thought of the future is extremely stressful as well. Lacking insight into what may happen next can cause some major panic stricken moments. The "what nexts?" Are really like
    " WHATS NEXT!!!??" Like every second of every day can turn into this big roller coaster ride. There have been times when i've thought about myself as one who always lives in the third act. I really hate drama. But sometimes drama happens when you are literally taking life second by second with little planning.

One of the descriptions of ESFP said that if we give any thought into anything outside of what's going on it can send us wallowing in despair. I have an anxiety disorder myself caused by all these dynamics. Se-Fi is an anxiety disorder. Once I got older and things started to develop, things were fine. Whew. Now I can think an entire week in advance if I have to! She's probably just a negative, underdeveloped ESFP.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

OMG that's it! sounds just like my friend. Thanks, shortnsweet.

Can I help her in any way?