User Tag List

First 123 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Nice, thanks for the info! I agree that it'd be cool to have the enneagram on the wiki eventually too, although I have only so much energy to go around, for myself. And type-enneagram interactions, too.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

As a whole, I didn't particularly like this description. Too full of statements that were either vague and unsubstantiated or value-driven rather than descriptive.

1. (from http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html)

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically (Who doesn't think they deal with things rationally? Who doens't try to be consistent? Y'all that's why being called a hypocrite is an insult.). Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses(as opposed to?) in a literal, concrete fashion. (As opposed to? Seems pandering/not referring to human beings.)

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis (I thought MBTI was about preference, not skill?), and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". (Again awkwardly worded, making it sound like ISTPs do not follow rules *as a rule* and are only selfish individuals. In my experience, ISTPs follow rules they think make sense, keeping in mind most human beings follow lots and lots of rules.) Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action (I'd chose the word "stimulation" over "action") makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly. (Again dumbly worded: If "ISTPs" are so adventurous, wouldn't they find their own amusements and then not be bored? Should be reworded to "... prone to becoming bored with what they perceive to be ________ quickly.")

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness (although I personally agree with this statement, I feel this is more cultural bias than anything having to do with type). Although they do not respect the rules of the "System" (again, an incredibly vague statement of little substance), they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone. (What are we, computers?)

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what situations (<-- vague) immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills (?), and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things (repetitive and unclear). They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions. (Overally rah-rah cheerleading tone to paragraph rather than descriptive focus.)

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact (I fail to see how one excludes the other. Surely we need values to determine which facts to look at and how to weigh them?). They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even (sometimes) distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst. (I feel this is pretty general to many people, not just ISTPs)

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes (personally, I am neither good nor horrific... I hope), and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. (I am so very, very flaky and indecisive sometimes.) They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability (who doesn't? who does?) which makes them good at many different kinds of things (vague). However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer (?), loyal to their equals (was "equals" defined?), uncomplicated in their desires (?), generous, trusting and receptive (?) people who want no part in confining commitments. (This paragraph is full of WTF where-is-this-coming-from-ness.)
    Last edited by Colors; 03-09-2011 at 02:12 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Umm, another profile with more nonsense than positives for me, so after a couple of paragraphs, I focused on pointing out what I think it got right rather than pointing out everything it got wrong.

2. from http://typelogic.com/istp.html

Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :-)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, (how are ISTPs "Performers" if they a)generally lie dormant and b)aren't acting for the audience benefit?) and unlike most ESPs (unnecessary comparison) they do not always present an impression of constant activity (introverts in general). On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider. (judgementally loaded sentence)

ISTPs are equally difficult to understand (again with the judgmental loaded-ness)in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (contradicts previous assessment that ISTPs need personal space, refers vaguely to an example without clarifying it, and in general, makes no sense.) (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication (with whom? another vague sentence) also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally (nonverbal communication is generally understood to be ther greater portion than verbal communication). When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.

Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence (pandering). They tend, sometimes with good reason (pandering), to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP (may or may not apply to all or even most ISTPs). In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way. (This paragraph as a whole makes me cringe. I don't feel comfortable prescribing occupations based on type.)

ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types (what, people all know their MBTI types and are using it to calculate their "safety margins"? Dumbass statement) .

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Sorry for the delay. Here's my take on the first one:

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.
    Basically defining Ti and Se, sounds ok
    ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. (meaning...what?)They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application (BUT practical being defined loosely). They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. (SP) They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, (I) because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. (SP) They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on detailsand practical things (loosely defined). They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. (T, Ti)
    They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger (very very rare), or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. (what?! No, not at all) They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things (UGH). However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.
    More nonsense than I thought it'd be. Still, there's a bit of information there, I suppose.

I wish I'd thought of a better organizing system, it gets pretty complicated with all the codes! It works ok in the end, though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I don't know, at the rate we're red-ding out the descriptions, maybe it would be easier to organize what we *do* agree with into bullet points by idea? (with notes for revision/clarification added) Since I think a good description would require rewriting anyway, and I find the loads of texts (that we think is bull anyway) overwhelming. I'd prefer to focus on discussing the points anyway.

Just compiling answers so far: (sorry Speed Gavorche, but I had difficulty decifering what you thought was specific to all ISTPs, to some ISTPs, or not specific to ISTPs)
    [ideas that could be contentious/have only been expressed support by one member have asterisks]:

All ISTPs:
    A. "general/temperment?"
    *often show flashes of humor in the most tense situations (can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless)
    *are good listeners
    *are reserved/have a tendency to be overly private and hold back part of themselves

B. "analysis/understanding as motive"
    - have a compelling drive to understand the way things work.
    - like to take things apart and see the way they work. (need to define 'things'?)
    *good at detailed logical analysis

C. "practical"
    - not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical (loosely defined) application

D. "independence"
    - are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step
    - need for personal space (vague? do we mean physically or mentally? or both?)

E. "morality/ethics"
    - will not take part in something which violates their personal laws/they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully (grouped for similarity)
    * avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact

F. "Feeling and emotion"
    - sometimes have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments
    - may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts

G. "Self-image"
    *are usually self-confident
    *an ISTP who is down on themself will judge himself/herself for inability to perform some task

Other ungrouped ideas:
    *are bad at following through with a projects, and tying up loose ends.
    *are loyal to their causes and beliefs
    *respond to situations immediately before them
    *not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others
    *usually patient
    *may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning
    *they thrive on action and excitement, and may stir things up to create it/desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly

General to Is:
    - like and need to spend time alone

General to T:
    - avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others.
    *areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic

General to SPs:
    -ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. (vague?)
    *best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way
    *may be drawn to extreme recreations. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Nice job! Most of those sound about right, except these which I think could apply to everyone and/or involve skill rather than preference.

*are loyal to their causes and beliefs
    *respond to situations immediately before them
    *are self-confident
    *good at detailed logical analysis
    *may be drawn to extreme recreations. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.

This next one makes me cringe a little. I know it's general, but I have very low interest in mechanics (I've learned a bit for my bike, purely to avoid having to take it in for repairs, I'm not intrinsically interested) and I've done art for my whole life, until the past few years anyway. Besides, why is it either mechanical or artistic, couldn't it easily be an interest in both or neither?

*areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic

This one may be true for other istps, but is emphatically not true for me:

*they thrive on action and excitement, and may stir things up to create it/

But yeah, any way anyone wants to add information is fine, whatever you prefer.
    -end of thread-

I would caution you to watch out for confused istj's who think (or would like to think) they are istp. Might throw off your results.

MBTI
    ISTP

From Personality Page...

The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Notes:

If I don't understand how something works, it's very difficult for me to use/apply it.

Theory = fail. It's for other people to do because I'm bad at it.

As for my own rules - kinda. They just have to be logical. I don't follow rules for the sake it it.

Long range planning is definitely a weak point for me. I can sit around a lot, storing up energy for something cool.

Idk if I'd say I'm "excellent" in a crisis situation, but I'm not bad

The only trouble I had in school was with a couple of teachers. I've got a few stories about correcting them and having them hate me for it later. I wouldn't consider either of those teachers worth much regardless. I did well in school without trying much. I'm a slow reader, so I didn't do so hot in Spanish class (I'm bilingual...our Spanish classes were just like any other Lit class in k-12)

I'm TERRIBLE at completing projects and tying up loose ends.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The Mechanic (no)

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically.(yes) Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. (I take things in a concrete, aestethic, and paranoid fashion)

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. (yes) They're good at logical analysis, (yes) and like to use it on practical concerns.(yes, but above all, I wan an impact) They typically have strong powers of reasoning, (yes) although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.(yes)

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. (yes) They are attracted to motorcycles, (a bit) airplanes, (maybe a private jet, yes) sky diving, surfing (yes, surfing above all), etc. They thrive on action, (yes) and are usually fearless.(not really, except in actual dangerous situations, where I'am fearless) ISTPs are fiercely independent,(I don't know, I need my friends and closed ones) needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step (yes). They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". (yes) Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly. (yes)

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, (yes) and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. (I don't know, I'am brutal) Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", (yes) they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. (yes, assuming that my only one guideline of behavior is to not have guideline of behavior) They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers". (yes)

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.(yes, but actually, external impulses and stressful situations are often more efficients to take decisions)

ISTPs are action-oriented people. (yes) They like to be up and about, doing things. (yes) They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. (arhg, yes) Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. (yes)They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders.(a bit) They focus on details and practical things. (not really, maybe, but that sounds boring) They have an excellent sense of expediency (yes) and grasp of the details (no) which enables them to make quick, effective decisions. (yes)

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - (yes) they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. (I feel that I don't have to judge) They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. (yes) They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. (yes) This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.(I suppose)

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). (yes) An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. (yes) They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst. (yes)

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. (yes) They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. (yes) They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. (when I'am driven, yes) They usually don't have much trouble with school, (wrong) because they are introverts who can think logically.(yes) They are usually patient individuals, (no) although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.(yes)

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things (yes). However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks (yes) which require detailed (no) logical analysis and technical skill. (yes) They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step. (yes)

ISTPs are optimistic, (no) full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments. (yes)
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations.
    [/B]They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.