User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Nope. I do annoying things but I really don't have that particular attitude.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, I don't identify with it. And I don't buy the theory that Sensors have these intuitive processes so close to the surface. I know I don't, and I think there are many other people like me in that area.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    From The Lenore Thomson Exegesis Wiki

Do you think she is just pinning these ideas to tertiary Ni without any justification, or are her ideas about the role of Ni justified?

You can stretch any thought, word or deed into being caused by any function, if you try hard enough. Students of literature and composition know better than anyone that if you want to justify a given interpretation of anything, you can.

That's why applying functional theory to others doesn't tend to work very well; you don't have enough insight without that person's subjective experience to accurately describe internalized motivations.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    No, I don't identify with it. And I don't buy the theory that Sensors have these intuitive processes so close to the surface. I know I don't, and I think there are many other people like me in that area.
    :nod:

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You can stretch any thought, word or deed into being caused by any function, if you try hard enough. Students of literature and composition know better than anyone that if you want to justify a given interpretation of anything, you can.

That's why applying functional theory to others doesn't tend to work very well; you don't have enough insight without that person's subjective experience to accurately describe internalized motivations.
    That's why you must ask yourself the question. Do you feel tertiary functions negatively affect your perception or judgment?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    That's why you must ask yourself the question. Do you feel tertiary functions negatively affect your perception or judgment?
    Fair enough...I feel that Fe tends to come out for me when I'm stressed or otherwise upset. It seems to be slowly ingraining itself into my behavior, whereas when I was younger I just really didn't give a shit what group mentality or social standards were expected.

I still don't know wtf is up with my Si though.

Not that that's really what this thread was about, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    . Students of literature and composition know better than anyone that if you want to justify a given interpretation of anything, you can.
    This is SO incredibly true. I'm a Lit major and I've had to write critiques comparing the analyses of graduate students on a major work of literature (story or poem) and the psychological interpretations can be so wide that it implies to me that there is definitely a bit of "projecting" one's own issues into literary analysis.

This is also why a lit major can be applied toward law school. People who can analyze literature can justify almost anything, argue from different sides of the same point, unless their conscience stops them from doing so.

This probably applies to psychoanalysis of any sort to a smaller degree. At least I hope it's to a smaller degree...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I know one ISFP that exactly matches this description of having tertiary Ni. Also know an ISTP that does, too. The making assumptions about things based on little information. (They do this all the time! To everyone!) Not just once in a while.
    Well yeah, but almost everyone does that. I'm not sure it can be tied specifically to any particular functions or function order placements.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ni, Ni, Ni
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The description above of the Artisan/Improviser is SO me. I think EVERYONE has motives and the quicker I find them out, the quicker I can decide what role you will or will not play in my life.

Honestly, I don't even think that it's wrong. People's motives are what they are.