User Tag List

View Poll Results: ISTPs, do you like motorcycles?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 76.92%
  • No

    3 23.08%
First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I love bikes, but really they're the poor man's substitute for flying. I will get a PPL someday, but what I'd really love would be to fly fighter jets. Fat chance of that happening, though. Less than perfect vision and a dislike for all other aspects of the military life isn't a good start.

  2. #12
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtX View Post
    I love bikes, but really they're the poor man's substitute for flying. I will get a PPL someday, but what I'd really love would be to fly fighter jets. Fat chance of that happening, though. Less than perfect vision and a dislike for all other aspects of the military life isn't a good start.
    Yeah, I'd be much more interested in flying than in biking.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    I'm avoiding motorcycles because I have a son. The closest I would come would be something like an OCC chopper where the mere design of it would help keep me out of "driving fast/weaving" mode. I cant avoid that mode without assistance.

  4. #14
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I'd be much more interested in flying than in biking.
    That's why ye do both! (Flying is my career path. Hee.) There is an immediacy to the fun and skill of motorcycles that is quite worthwhile.

    Not trying to change your mind, however.

  5. #15
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    That's why ye do both! (Flying is my career path. Hee.) There is an immediacy to the fun and skill of motorcycles that is quite worthwhile.

    Not trying to change your mind, however.
    Flying is your career path? That's awesome.

    I have no doubt that I'd enjoy riding if placed in that situation by no orchestration of my own (i.e., someone handed me a bike on an open road and said "go!"). I love driving in general, after all. I just am not interested in it enough to do anything about it.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Flying is your career path? That's awesome.

    I have no doubt that I'd enjoy riding if placed in that situation by no orchestration of my own (i.e., someone handed me a bike on an open road and said "go!"). I love driving in general, after all. I just am not interested in it enough to do anything about it.
    Reworded - I'm not lazy...I just dont care. I should stamp that on my forhead.

  7. #17
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    an ISTP friend/exroommate of mine had a love of cars and motorcycles. he was the type of guy to get excited about new tools for christmas. he was always tinkering in the garage on his car or motorcycle.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  8. #18
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    my ex istj was very istpish in this way...loves motorcycles...always tinkering...loves all day rides through the mountains and races them at tracks....he has all the gear and everything.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Noon liked this post

  9. #19
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    I was thinking of doing the MSF class (which gets you the license here) and buying some sportish cruiser type thing that has been sitting in someones garage since 1993 on the cheap. It'd be a fun little project. Something I could drop without getting fussy about it.

    Carb cleaner, gaskets, new rubber, little stuff = fun.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  10. #20
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    I'm not an ISTP, but I like motorcycles (mainly sport bikes.)

    As for actually having one, ehhhhhhh can't see myself having one for the foreseeable future. There is something about cars that just give you more room to bring things around XD, not to mention people.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTPs: Do you dance well?
    By seamaid in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 07:28 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTPs-do you balk at basic expectations from others?
    By MonkeyGrass in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 06:14 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs, do you actually want to kill everyone you see or do you just look like it?
    By Elfboy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTPS:are you like 'The Dude'
    By brainheart in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 01:20 PM
  5. [ISTP] ISTP: do you like mechanical things? (eg: factory)
    By niki in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO