Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default SPs and stress...

In continuation of the "ISTJs and stress" thread, I've decided to inquire about SPs and stress.

My questions:
    • What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    • How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    • How do you deal with stress?
    • What kinds of things stress you out?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I become some sort of ESTJ (and NOT a nice one!) when stressed enough (or if overstressed by far probably an ISTJ or something- less friendly, but no less rigid about things )

I'm stressed out when I feel like my life is closing in on me- like I'll run out of options or have no choice- it's such a horrible feeling!

I become queen bitch- imperiously looking down my nose at others and enforcing "the rules" (meaning what I've decided and can argue positively for as being the rules )- and resenting anyone who dares question my authority

I don't get stressed out frequently thankfully, and I am getting a lot better about reigning in my evil psycho-J tendancies!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I become some sort of ESTJ (and NOT a nice one!) when stressed enough (or if overstressed by far probably an ISTJ or something- less friendly, but no less rigid about things )

I'm stressed out when I feel like my life is closing in on me- like I'll run out of options or have no choice- it's such a horrible feeling!

I become queen bitch- imperiously looking down my nose at others and enforcing "the rules" (meaning what I've decided and can argue positively for as being the rules )- and resenting anyone who dares question my authority

I don't get stressed out frequently thankfully, and I am getting a lot better about reigning in my evil psycho-J tendancies!
    Does this sound like you under stress?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I DO take a perverse joy in criticizing others when really stressed out- and become rather dreadfully rigid (i.e. "you're off topic- you should start a new thread for that" or "I don't like the tone in which you said that- it sounded kind of sarcastic- you're an asshole")- not to mention I'm more introverted when highly stressed out!

he he he.... the ways in which I irritate people are right! (from farther up)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I was just curious. Carry on...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sarcasm? (I wasn't being sarcastic! )

oh- with minor stress I DO just become sarcastic instead of rule happy! Probably a more accurate portrayal would be when I've been acused of reminding co-workers of Jordan from Scrubs on stressful work days I get things done- usually in odd ways or by provoking others to do the work I was describing A LOT of stress above!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I guess I should pay more attention to punctuation...

More SPs, please answer my inquiry! Thank you!

MBTI
    INTP

Stress can make me stay inside and just live inside my head. I also procrastinate more. I worry about things, and I dread doing them.

More stress can lead to impulsive behaviors, smoking, drinking, etc. When I start to feel these impulses I try to get some stress out with physical activities like running, lifting weights, or hitting my punching bag.

Under extreme stress, I crack. Emotional breakdown, yelling and anger. Aggressively impulsive behavior (more extreme, like deciding to drive across the country without warning or make abrupt significant changes in my life).

Stress can make me stay inside and just live inside my head. I also procrastinate more. I worry about things, and I dread doing them.
    Same here. But I also become more T and J. More cold, more cut and dry, and I try to control the stress by taking more control over everyday things so I go nuts organizing and become control-freaky. So it's a weird combination of procrastination and doing things - hard to explain.Probably I procrastinate what REALLY needs to be done, while reorganizing my kitchen drawers which suddenly seem to be a priority. I also get very frusterated. My husband calls it my Evil Twin.

I also drink more wine.

What kinds of things stress you out?
    Lots of things! These include:

*Mostly things that are out of my control that are bad and I can see no solution, or that I have no input in the solution
    *Too many things to do and not enough time
    * Other people not coming through for me
    *Other people's bad moods
    *My health
    *Finances (usually lack thereof)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    • What kind of behaviors do you exhibit when stressed?
    • How is your normal mode of thinking altered when stressed?
    • How do you deal with stress?
    • What kinds of things stress you out?
    First of all, I hardly ever stress out. Most things don't get to me at all. I just don't care or I think of a plan of action quickly enough and satisfactorily enough to not need to worry about it...

However, things that stress me out are:
    - Dealing with other people's feelings (when they have something to do with me, and possibly my own feelings). Having to talk about my own feelings is the worst. It's so uncharacteristic of me to even think about feelings that I have to change everything about my thought process to think about feelings. It's so hard for me to talk about them... I try to think about them logically, but it just doesn't work, and logic should work for everything! Everything!!!!!
    -- In this type of case, I just get quiet and who ever I'm dealing with has to ask loads of questions that are simple enough that I can answer them without saying much, like "yes" or "no".

- Having deadlines that I can't meet and can't change...
    -- Say, when I had to move out of my apartment right after finals *and* catch a flight when I still had at least 2 car loads worth of crap to move *and* had a fraction of a morning to do this on *no* sleep... That was some stress right there. I ended up asking for my best friend's help (which I hate doing), and I managed...barely. I was freaking out that morning, I couldn't even take stuff down to my car. All I could think was "I'm so tired and I'm never going to make it in time!!!"

- My mom and my sister. They both stress out about EVERYTHING. And they feel the need to talk about it all of the time. The stuff they stress about doesn't do anything to me, but having them bitch about it...ugh. It's annoying and I can't do anything about it and I have to hold all of my thoughts in because if I say anything...I'm doomed and they start hating on me and the focus of their bitching goes from something else to bitching about me.

I guess when I'm in a situation I can't get out of and can't change and it's a situation I really don't want to be in...
    Once it gets to me enough to do something about it, I lash out at the person and become confrontational about how much I can't stand what's going on.
    I doesn't seem like my thinking changes all that much, but I guess it does.

- People who don't stop talking stress me out. I like quiet time.
    -- Eventually, if they don't get the picture after my ignoring them, I tell them I can't think with them talking all of the time. I say it so that they'll get offended and leave me alone. I don't care that they think I'm insensitive at that point. I want them to leave me the fuck alone. Being mean generally accomplishes that well. On a very rare occasion I'll apologize to the person later and explain that I was stressing out (and I'll be nice and not tell them that it's because *they* were stressing me out).

I can't really think of other things right now...
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%