xNTP

Default ISTP Description

Here's a good ISTP description: Career Services Office

MBTI
    istp

That's a good description.

MBTI
    xNTP

Thanks. I like the fact that it balances the stereotype of a thrill seeking daredevil with that of a person who can be both skillful and intelligent.

Thanks Dave - very good description. I found the ISFP description good too (just not sure it's ME).

Since when are you ISTP - I must have missed that development?

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Thanks Dave - very good description. I found the ISFP description good too (just not sure it's ME).

Since when are you ISTP - I must have missed that development?
    Eh, it happens

Although I can Fe like a mad man doing so drains my energy and makes me cranky. --> I

I often come up with crazy ideas which would indicate a preference for Ne. However, I am not absent minded and I notice everything (new haircuts, shoes, etc.) --> Se

I realized through discussion with the NTs on this forum that I am not the same as them as I am not as "deep" as they are. Intelligent and rational for certain but my interests lie in tangible things such as: computers, cars, boats, planes, go-karts,etc. probably --> Ti

Also, although I'm quite organized I recently remembered that I wasn't always this way. Also, I am a master at procrastination and fun diversions. --> p

MBTI
    ISTP

I liked the description a lot, first one I've seen that mentions weapons....I have a strange fascination with them, and it hadn't occured to me before now that my ability/accuracy with them could be related to the love of and skill with hands on/mechanical things. I'm a very good shot, with pretty much anything I've ever used.

No amount of cajoling, rewarding, punishing, or threat will get them to do their school work.
    That is certainly the truth (my parents slowly have realized that). For certain things, you could offer me a million bucks, or threaten to take away all privileges/things, and I still won't do it.

Unless it is actually useful, I have no interest in spending my time doing it, and generally won't do it. The solution I've come up with this year (I've gotten okay grades the past few years, mostly B's from getting 0's on homework), is doing as much as possible during class. When my options are zoning out/listening to the teacher explain something, or doing some pointless work, the work becomes the more interesting option, and actually gets done.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I liked the description a lot, first one I've seen that mentions weapons....I have a strange fascination with them, and it hadn't occured to me before now that my ability/accuracy with them could be related to the love of and skill with hands on/mechanical things. I'm a very good shot, with pretty much anything I've ever used.

That is certainly the truth (my parents slowly have realized that). For certain things, you could offer me a million bucks, or threaten to take away all privileges/things, and I still won't do it.

Unless it is actually useful, I have no interest in spending my time doing it, and generally won't do it. The solution I've come up with this year (I've gotten okay grades the past few years, mostly B's from getting 0's on homework), is doing as much as possible during class. When my options are zoning out/listening to the teacher explain something, or doing some pointless work, the work becomes the more interesting option, and actually gets done.
    My brother loves weapons. I'm more of a tools and vehicles type of guy. Nevertheless I've always liked the bow and arrow, and throwing-knives.

As for school work, I've always did relatively well but it was on my terms. During High School and as a college undergraduate I clashed with some of my teachers but ultimately (thankfully) I always scored high on exams.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Back in high school I would only do my homework in class. I think the teachers just assumed I was taking notes. If I didn't finish, I'd just do it during lunch or right before it was due. If it still wasn't done, I didn't really care. I don't think I ever even studied once. Didn't matter, cause I went to college a year earlier anyway.

I remember once my parents threatened to take away my computer because I had low grades and was just playing video games. I said that was fine, but if they did that I wouldn't do any school work until I failed the class. I wasn't bluffing. They backed down. I passed the class.

And they say we have bad people skills.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    My brother loves weapons. I'm more of a tools and vehicles type of guy. Nevertheless I've always liked the bow and arrow, and throwing-knives.
    I pretty much enjoy all of those things, if I ever move out of New Jersey, I'd like to get a rifle of some sort for target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Back in high school I would only do my homework in class. I think the teachers just assumed I was taking notes. If I didn't finish, I'd just do it during lunch or right before it was due. If it still wasn't done, I didn't really care. I don't think I ever even studied once. Didn't matter, cause I went to college a year earlier anyway.
    That's pretty much what I do. It works well, and keeps me from being completely bored in classes.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Also, although I'm quite organized I recently remembered that I wasn't always this way. Also, I am a master at procrastination and fun diversions. --> p

heh heh - I completely understand!